Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you eat foods in a certain way?

Default Do you eat foods in a certain way?

Keeping up with these food related threads, do you eat food in a certain way? Example: Always splitting Oreo's in half, and licking or something.

For me:
    Bite Peanut M&M's in half, to try to just remove the shell from one half, and then trying to remove the peanut with my teeth

Oreo thing, except not licking the icing, just eating it, and then the cookies parts (I so wish they made just the icing)

Frozen Butterfingers: Biting off the chocolate, leaving just the orange stuff, then eating that. So yummy :3

Frozen Reese's: Not always, but I sometimes bite the chocolate from around the edge, leaving the center. Another thing: trying to just remove the center, because I saw it in a commercial once.

That's all I can remember.

Um... I eat my salad with my left hand, and everything else with my right.
    I fail that hard.

secretdl26

I do the Oreo thing (split, lick off the center, and eat the cookies).

I usually fold my pizza in half lengthwise when I eat it.

I like to bite all of the chocolate around candies with a center and then eat the center and the remaining chocolate.

I'm sure I do other weird things, but that is all I can think of right now.

I eat everything with a knife and fork. I mean EVERYTHING. Pizza, muffins, sandwhiches. Half the time I don't use a fork though. Just the knife. People don't realise that you can use just a knife for most meals instead of the usual knife AND fork

Asher

I eat the inside of the bread first, and then I eat the crust. Gotta love it : P

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Oreo thing, except not licking the icing, just eating it, and then the cookies parts (I so wish they made just the icing)
    They do.

It's called refined sugar (likely mixed with corn syrup).

Like secretdl26, I too eat my pizza folded lengthwise - when I'm not using a knife and fork.

Americans think that I eat "strangely" with my knife and fork; they do a 2-pass approach that looks very clumsy to me. I jab the piece to eat with my fork (left hand), leaving the majority of the item to its right. I then cut off the appropriate bit with my knife (cutting to the right of the fork), and then the food is pre-speared on the fork and ready to go. Americans do a kind of jab, cut, retract, jab, eat thing; I just jab, cut, eat.

When eating sashimi I peel the fish off the rice, eat the rice, follow with ginger, eat the fish, then finish with ginger.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Americans think that I eat "strangely" with my knife and fork; they do a 2-pass approach that looks very clumsy to me. I jab the piece to eat with my fork (left hand), leaving the majority of the item to its right. I then cut off the appropriate bit with my knife (cutting to the right of the fork), and then the food is pre-speared on the fork and ready to go. Americans do a kind of jab, cut, retract, jab, eat thing; I just jab, cut, eat.
    Interesting! I eat in your way too, and never really thought people would do otherwise...

I'm suddenly reminded of this video: How People Count Cash? - Video

This thread was made for me. Okay, here goes:

We have these sweets over here called Fox's Glacier Fruits. Not sure if you guys in NA and elsewhere have 'em. They're delicious hard fruity things wrapped in paper. The wrappers give no indication as to their flavour, so what I do is hold them over a torch to find out what flavour they are by colour, then segregate the colours and eat them in a specific order: blacks and reds (and strange pinky ones that are almost red) first, and then the orange ones. As for the yellow and green ones-- my least favourite flavours-- I keep for times when I just really need sugar.