How do I explain things to my thick mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I know I've been bitching about my room for a while, but here is the thing, I just worked out my room is roughly an equivalent to an attic temperature wise.

It's not as in hot, as in outside hot, it's hot as in 20 degree difference, literally, I'm not kidding 20 degrees difference. I'm surprised I haven't had a heat stroke.

Couldn't this theoretically kill me, I've got a sleep out, with literally no insulation at all, just the foil.

My mother seems to not understand as one of my mothers friends keeps telling her non-insulated rooms don't get that hot, I'm not over exaggerating either, on a 20 degree day I'm pretty much bathing in my own sweat, can't even walk around without wanting to pass out.

Doesn't take me seriously, and refuses to get me an air con as she wants to save money, not realizing that this heat will possibly kill me.

It really fucks with my head as, in order to get out of this room, i need a job, but yeah frustrating.

I live in a bad suburb, where it's really hard to get jobs, as the main car company shut down, I can't get any job as no one wants to hire me, or they advertise stupid positions with stupid requirements, wanted a entry level call job center just to find out they wanted someone with 10 years experience, wtf??

If she's convinced that non-insulated rooms don't get that hot, how about having her come into your room for ten minutes when it's really bad?

LittleLion said:
If she's convinced that non-insulated rooms don't get that hot, how about having her come into your room for ten minutes when it's really bad?

Pretty much, she also opens my mail, and the kids keep stealing my packages ripping them up and throwing them in the grass, luckily it's not sex toys or diapers, I've wasted $50 on items, just to find out that they have been coming in the mail -.-

I've got a $50 dollar headset, I hope to god it doesn't get destroyed.

As a kid, I lived in the attic of my parents' house and it got really hot during the summer. I wouldn't want to have to deal with that much heat now, but I could when I was a kid. Eventually, they got a window unit to cool the room I slept in. Since you do have some money, couldn't you save up for a window air conditioner?

Two freestanding electric fans aimed into or out of the doorway to your room will give you some decent heat exchange. Either line them up back to back to blow air into the room or out of the room through the doorway. Much less expensive to buy and run them. Also, you won't have to cut a mounting window for an AC unit.

dogboy said:
As a kid, I lived in the attic of my parents' house and it got really hot during the summer. I wouldn't want to have to deal with that much heat now, but I could when I was a kid. Eventually, they got a window unit to cool the room I slept in. Since you do have some money, couldn't you save up for a window air conditioner?

No parents won't allow me, they literally banned me from having an air-con, stupid I know, wanted to get one, there no your not getting one.

- - - Updated - - -

Fulldyperlvr79 said:
Two freestanding electric fans aimed into or out of the doorway to your room will give you some decent heat exchange. Either line them up back to back to blow air into the room or out of the room through the doorway. Much less expensive to buy and run them. Also, you won't have to cut a mounting window for an AC unit.

Bee Hive / Wasp hive, not possible, It's an outside room, if i leave my door open for just five minutes, I've got twenty wasps flying above my head.

Hmmm. Maybe they could let you get an open wood door that is made for screen material to either install or at least staple screen material to the existing door frame. Same screen stuff in storm doors when you slide the bottom glass up for fresh air.

Shybug said:
No parents won't allow me, they literally banned me from having an air-con, stupid I know, wanted to get one, there no your not getting one.

- - - Updated - - -

Bee Hive / Wasp hive, not possible, It's an outside room, if i leave my door open for just five minutes, I've got twenty wasps flying above my head.

Why would they ban you from having an AC? I hope they realize it's not good to be be living in desert like conditions.

Sounds like borderline neglect to me. Just my opinion.

Jeez I am all over this forum. I may need to tone it down. Wow.

Fulldyperlvr79 said:
Sounds like borderline neglect to me. Just my opinion.

Jeez I am all over this forum. I may need to tone it down. Wow.

You're fine and you may be right. It just doesn't make sense to deprive your own flesh and blood, your son, from living in a more healthy condition.

First off: IGNORE your parents when it comes to getting an Air-Con. This is about your health.

Secondly, try to do something about them opening your mail, because that's not just privacy invasion, it's rude in general. And AFAIK it's a crime, too, even if many don't see it that way if it's their children's mail.
If they don't stop, I'd start opening their packages.

Thirdly, I think you need to get out of there. Sadly, I can't give you any advice on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back