Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "He's not MY president!"

Default "He's not MY president!"

"He's not MY president!"

It's a refrain thats a bit perennial, the last time I remember hearing it was after the first Obama presidential election, which also incidently had people protesting in the streets, before that it was said in refference to George H. W. Bush's relection, which also resulted in protests in the streets.

This morning, I was treated to an interesting bit of news, that detailed two of the muckity mucks from silicone valley are attempting to put togather a seccession campaign for california to become its own nation (See link below)
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37932219

which i take with a bit of salt btw.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

regardless of whether you want to hear it or not, he IS your president, just as those who came before him are. denile will not help the world or your community.

The idea of california secceding from The United States of America, is frankly ludicrous, if history teaches us anything.

as has been said before on this site, It is NOT the end of the world.
    one of my chief worries regarding Mr. Presidential Elect, was his stance on the paris climate summit, as well as the previous commitments the U.S.A. has made to this idea.

While the media is portraying a good portion of trumps votes coming from endorsment from the coal companies, and their employees (and who can blame them for voting to preserve their livelyhoods, ahead of international sanctions?), its important to note that it will take 4 years for the deals that the united states committed too, to be run through their natural proccess and abolished.

(yes yes, some of you are shaking your heads, saying that trump can simply ignore the bylaws and abolish it outright, and truthfully, he may be able too, i dont rightly know, from what ive found its a pretty extreme action)

If any of the changes to the trump website recently are any indications, he seems to be mellowing a little bit and concentrating on what he can and cant get done, for instance acording to news outlets, any reference to banning muslims from america have disapeared from his website.

I encourage everyone, to talk with their children, their friends, their parents.
    Have those difficult heated arguments, share your ideas and try to understand the source of the ideas that you are hearing in return.

try to not see them as small minded, or inherently racist or bigoted. Attempt to find the underlying cause, the relevant truth as they see it.

its a lack of these face to face, person to person discussions that leads our country to be so divided, its a lot easier to find like minded individuals on the internet, to not deal with the stress and irritation of speaking with those in your everyday life who see things differently. that does not mean its the right choice.

ok...all done with my ramble, hope everyone has a wonderful day. to be honest...im rethinking posting this thread at all.
    Last edited by MommyandMattling; 11-Nov-2016 at 16:26.

He's not my president is a statement of opposition. We all know technically that we live in this country and he is the president of this country, but that does not make him my president as in a person who I can support in anyway other than paying my taxes. We are all entitled to our continued oppostion to people and ideas to which we disagree and that is all that is meant by "He is not my president."

I accept he is my president in spite of more than 50% voting for clinton (popular vote). What I can't accept are his promises to ruin our country, plunge it into massive debt, cut us off from the rest of the world, all the while making our environment so much worse, and so many other atrocities....

As a retired Marine, I have been sworn to protect this nation from threats foreign AND domestic. While I recognize his promise to do these things is not in its self a domestic attack, I can say if he does follow through with even half of it, then not just I but entire USMC will be forced to uphold our sworn oaths.

Quote Originally Posted by MommyandMattling View Post
    "He's not MY president!"

It's a refrain thats a bit perennial, the last time I remember hearing it was after the first Obama presidential election, which also incidently had people protesting in the streets, before that it was said in refference to George H. W. Bush's relection, which also resulted in protests in the streets.

This morning, I was treated to an interesting bit of news, that detailed two of the muckity mucks from silicone valley are attempting to put togather a succession campaign for california to become its own nation (See link below)
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37932219

which i take with a bit of salt btw.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

regardless of whether you want to hear it or not, he IS your president, just as those who came before him are. denile will not help the world or your community.

The idea of california secceding from The United States of America, is frankly ludicrous, if history teaches us anything.

as has been said before on this site, It is NOT the end of the world.
    one of my chief worries regarding Mr. Presidential Elect, was his stance on the paris climate summit, as well as the previous commitments the U.S.A. has made to this idea.

While the media is portraying a good portion of trumps votes coming from endorsment from the coal companies, and their employees (and who can blame them for voting to preserve their livelyhoods, ahead of international sanctions?), its important to note that it will take 4 years for the deals that the united states committed too, to be run through their natural proccess and abolished.

(yes yes, some of you are shaking your heads, saying that trump can simply ignore the bylaws and abolish it outright, and truthfully, he may be able too, i dont rightly know, from what ive found its a pretty extreme action)

If any of the changes to the trump website recently are any indications, he seems to be mellowing a little bit and concentrating on what he can and cant get done, for instance acording to news outlets, any reference to banning muslims from america have disapeared from his website.

I encourage everyone, to talk with their children, their friends, their parents.
    Have those difficult heated arguments, share your ideas and try to understand the source of the ideas that you are hearing in return.

try to not see them as small minded, or inherently racist or bigoted. Attempt to find the underlying cause, the relevant truth as they see it.

its a lack of these face to face, person to person discussions that leads our country to be so divided, its a lot easier to find like minded individuals on the internet, to not deal with the stress and irritation of speaking with those in your everyday life who see things differently. that does not mean its the right choice.

ok...all done with my ramble, hope everyone has a wonderful day. to be honest...im rethinking posting this thread at all.
    Do you have a link to his website I would actually like to look at it to see where he stands I also agree that it's a ludicrous idea a lot of the fear things that I've heard people saying that they're afraid to Trump supporters are going to openly attack and kill gays on the streets now and my response to that has been wearing this much gay pride clothing and items as I can and I haven't had a single unkind word yet I've gotten a few weird looks but sticks and stones. The reason I really think this is blown out of proportion and not true is because I actually met the man granted it was brief and he was on his campaign bus in Maryland coming out of Pennsylvania they had stopped for lunch and fuel at a truck stop that I happened to stop at to fuel. I went in and he was there with a group of people talking and shaking hands out of curiosity I went up to him and introduce myself and I was wearing my lanyard with my gay pride pins on it and of course because it was around Halloween I also had my nails painted different colors (bear in mind I'm a 5'11" scruffy guy) he actually pointed out the Gay Pride pin and said that he thought it was awesome that I have the courage to walk around with that out in the open in the field I'm in the man never said an unkind word to me about it and he actually encouraged to me so I think it's all blown out of proportion on the idea of pence. When was the last time you heard anything about Joe Biden and the only reason anyone heard anything about Dick Cheney was because he shot a buddy in the face as a businessman Trump has a lot of advisers that he listens to for advice on a regular basis to run his business I don't think the presidency will be any different and I really think that they would highly advise him against the listening to Pence on those matters I'm in a State of shock but at the same time not all too upset Madia now as I'm just going to see how it goes and take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by MommyandMattling View Post
    Perhaps not as ludicrous as you think. If you were to take a vote across the rest of the country, especially 'flyover territory', you might find the rest of us more than willing to eject them, or give them back to Mexico with our blessings.

If geology is at all a reliable scientific discipline, the San Andreas fault will likely settle the issue sooner rather than later. Now that I think about it, it might be a good idea to get rid of them now before the rest of us get stuck with the bill when the big one hits.

From what I hear he is also planning on taking up the House's idea for the wall. Rather than all brick as he earlier declared, they suggested going for a double fence method (to sustain visibility of the other side) with the only brick work being underground (roughly one story deep) to prevent people from digging underground, then to utilize the security labor union's unemployed members by giving them jobs as border patrol agents.
    I'm just glad he is now leaning towards this idea, because in any case of a wall it sounds the most helpful. My roommate suggested drones, but the issue I saw there is people might get the wrong idea with drones flying over head, even if they are just inferred camera drones trying to spot border hoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by silentdreamer1996 View Post
    From what I hear he is also planning on taking up the House's idea for the wall. Rather than all brick as he earlier declared, they suggested going for a double fence method (to sustain visibility of the other side) with the only brick work being underground (roughly one story deep) to prevent people from digging underground, then to utilize the security labor union's unemployed members by giving them jobs as border patrol agents.
    I'm just glad he is now leaning towards this idea, because in any case of a wall it sounds the most helpful. My roommate suggested drones, but the issue I saw there is people might get the wrong idea with drones flying over head, even if they are just inferred camera drones trying to spot border hoppers.
    Wrong idea? Don't you want potential border jumpers to get the idea? I say broadcast that they're armed, even if they aren't!

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    Do you have a link to his website I would actually like to look at it to see where he stands
    IT seems it was a temporary reprieve, trumps website has been reupdated, I have not looked for myself, but sources close to the website have disclosed that anti-muslim rhetoric has been restored.

Thank you for sharing that interesting story about the gay pride pin, it acctually was the first positive gay story that i can recall coming direct from a source, maybe I'm a bit too much of an optimist, but i really am hoping trump holds up to his vow to be a president for all americans, and that perhaps the media really did exaggerate and take out of context at least SOME of his comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Perhaps not as ludicrous as you think. If you were to take a vote across the rest of the country, especially 'flyover territory', you might find the rest of us more than willing to eject them, or give them back to Mexico with our blessings.
    I'm not a very large fan of california ((Warning..you can safely skip this paragraph. nothing but fluff and opinion)) I've visited SF and acctually really enjoyed the city, it was quite easily the cleanest city I have been too, I have also been to San Diego, I was not horribly displeased, but did not find it endearing at all. I admit i may have a little bias against california for completely personal reasons.

with that aside, I firmly stand by the slippery slope ideal, not one state leaves lest others fracture, its not because i love california, its not because I believe we need california. I do think your idea (and im paraphrasing in the next bit) of us dodging a bullet by ejecting them would most likely save our government a lot of money, for reconstruction human aide, and the inevitable fund siphoning that will coem from the fund raising for those efforts.

however, again, I cant advocate or approve of the idea of any sesseionist activity within the bounds of U.S. territory.

I live in an area where there is a noticable lack of illeagal immigrants, I also am friends with legal decendents of illeagal immigrants through adisc, knowing the distress thats coming from them in regards to the issue, and my own distance from the issue, i dont feel right giving an opinion on the wall idea.

Protesting now is childish bullshit, like an extension of that whole deplorable election.
    People should get on the street once there are actual policies to oppose.

There are four years to think about what went wrong and how to try and be more reasonable in the future.

You must not know very much about border patrol they already use drones u.s. Border Patrol patrols got like twelve or thirteen predator drones with much the same equipment that they pulled off the SR-71 Blackbird reconnaissance jet the predator drones fly so high that you can't see them but they can zoom down on you so close they can read the screen off your phone and are equipped with everything from night vision, infrared, and basically every other surveillance tactic they can get while the drones are expensive this was the Border Patrol's answer to Obama severely cutting back border patrol budget there's certain places along the border where are the current fence is almost completely taken down and they have to man it with physical agents to keep people from coming through as well as all the layoffs in Border Patrol at the moment the drones were expensive but it also allowed them to do more with less agents the drones don't ever get tired and the most they need to do is stop for fuel and because of the predator drones advanced systems and it being an unmanned remote control system they could set it into a pre-programmed Patrol route and allow them to fly without human interaction and I know every single one of the border patrol vehicles and officers are equipped with a transponder that the drones react to so that it doesn't trigger a false positive it allows them to have more eyes with less people and dispatched their agents where they're needed the most without compromising low traffic areas but I like the idea about drafting in the unemployed security union workers