Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
My cats are really making me frustrated recently. They scratch at my door to go in and out of my room. I really love y cats but they are making me want to kill them because I am not getting enough sleep recently and then they make me angry which really stops me from sleeping. I can get in bed ready to sleep but after they start scratching I am in a blind rage.

They sleep in my room and the litter box and food bow,s are just outside my bedroom. I have tried sleeping with the door slightly ajar but the light keeps me awake, I need total darkness or natural light to fall asleep.

I don't want the litter box in my room! Or the bowls even.

What should I do? I need my sleep but I can't get it thanks to my cats.

I have a lot of Smart** answers about cats, but that will not help.

My suggestion is moving the cat box away from your door. IF they are anything like my 3 "owners" then they have to scratch everything within their reach of the cat box.

The litter box is not right next to my door, they scratch to come in into my room and to go out of it again, either to use the litter box or to eat

They are cats ... I don't think there is anything you can do to get them to stop to be honest. We have 2 cats here ... and literally every night Blacky comes into the room and walks all over me, paws at me, meows, rubs on me and lays on me. I just have to give her love and attention and she will eventually calm down and go away or lay down at the side or end of the bed.

So the only solution is to give your cats what they want. If keeping the door ajar bothers you due to light, then maybe hang up a blanket or something to block out the light but still keep the door open.

Edit: Also, you can sleep with the light. The reason why you have difficulty sleeping with it not being complete darkness is because you are concerned about not being able to sleep with the light. In other words, you pay too much attention to it. Which then makes you frustrated and that is what is keeping you up, and not the light.

My dad is talking about having the bowls and the box in my room which I am not happy about

My solution is to not own cats, lol.

Marka said:

Well, that is certainly a way to go about it that I had not thought about XD.

Thanks marks, I am trying to train myself to sleep with the door slightly ajar so that helps quite a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back