Thread: The End Is Coming Are You Prepared! (Daylight saving time)

Default The End Is Coming Are You Prepared! (Daylight saving time)

For everybody going off daylight saving time donít for get to set your clocks back, because a person I worked with last year set his clock ahead and was an hour late for work. So donít be late and set your clock back.

Thanks. I've already set my clocks back an hour, which is somewhat of a task. I have a heavy clock that hangs in the kitchen and it's always a challenge to get it hung back up.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCDM View Post
    For everybody going off daylight saving time donít for get to set your clocks back, because a person I worked with last year set his clock ahead and was an hour late for work. So donít be late and set your clock back.
    Loved the thread title, thanks!

Uh, I think your friend would've been two-hours late - wouldn't he? If current savings time was 12:00 and, he set his clock ahead to 13:00 and, it's supposed to be set back to 11:00... eleven - twelve - one yeah - two hours late...

Maybe, he just didn't change it at all...

Anyway, thanks for the reminder!
    -Marka

All set. Fall forward, Spring back.

Actually, as much of a Luddite as I pretend to be, pretty much all my devices handle this on their own. Except the clock on the stove.

Edit: Funny story from yesterday, Mrs. Maxx was hustling me out of the house at 1pm to go to Junior's for a bbq. I thought we were supposed to be there at 3, and its not that far, less than 1/2 hour by car. Her excuse: I have to stop at the store.

Junior and Mrs. Junior were a little puzzled that we got there so early. It turns out she was going by the clock on the stove.
    Last edited by Maxx; 07-Nov-2016 at 12:12.

Time is a human construct and has no true bearing on anything. I've decided not to adjust my clocks and not let them or the government mandated synchronization dictate my life. Also, I'm fairly certain all my clocks and watches are self-adjusting.

In addition to the arbitrary changing of the clocks tradition, I flew west across two time zones yesterday. So basically I'm all messed up right now.... up at 5:00 AM, which to my body feels like 7:00 AM, except since the time changed it really feels like 8:00 AM...? Or something?

ZzzZZzzZzzZZz...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost thought you were saying the end of the world was coming with the elections in the U.S. going the way they are.