Thread: How do I move myself on from sucking my thumb onto my pacifier?

Default How do I move myself on from sucking my thumb onto my pacifier?

I have a habit of sucking my thumb and it's a shame since i have such lovely pacis. But I just can't keep my thumb out of my mouth or take out my paci and switch to my thumb. Further more I have red marks from where I have been sucking and my thumb that I suck on has a nail that grows faster than the other nails on my hand and the seal that id around the nail is not there, I appear to have sucked it off, eww! Sounds gross! I am lucky to have not had any infections but I have had this habit since I was taken off pacis when I was a baby. My mom sucked her thumb constantly as well, I think I got it from her as i have some of hr personality traits as well as a bit of my dads and of course my very own.

How many people have changed from their thumb to their paci? Was it hard? It's hard for me since sometime I can't be bothered going to get a paci. How did you do it? Can anybody give me an idea?

Put hot sauce on your thumb to make in unplesent to suck on this will at least give your thumb time to heal.

This isn't the exact same issue, but when I was trying to stop biting my nails, I used clear fingernail polish. It gave it a yucky taste.

Quote Originally Posted by MolicareMan View Post
    This isn't the exact same issue, but when I was trying to stop biting my nails, I used clear fingernail polish. It gave it a yucky taste.
    I have that nasty habbit. I might give that a try!

I go with the flow...I have sucked my thumb my entire life. I have several pacifiers that I have and do use sometimes but my thumb is so much more handy that I suck almost all the time.

Buy a paci online and suck on that instead of your thumb, you'll catch on within a few days.