Something very interesting I have noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.

potatoperator

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
It seems that a large percentage of the ABDL community is a part of the autistic spectrum (myself included) and I am aware that people with autism are much more likely to develop sexual fetishes etc, but the ABDL community isnt fully inherently sexual which begs the question what is going on?

It seems extremely over represented among the community has anyone ever come across a study with this phenomena in mind?

I feel I may have stumbled across something with this in mind, I mean maybe there is a reason why these numbers are the way they are maybe its because people with autism feel more comfortable to open up among the ABDL community but I feel that something else is underlying with this.

Well generally individuals on the autism spectrum are more child like than others our age, it's a common symptom of the disability that we are sometimes years behind or peers in developmental milestones. Mentally most of us are sharp as a razor in the more academic areas and it's our physical and maturity levels that don't develop right. Not saying I'm a doctor but my experiences with the mild form I grew up with, I had issues in social, physical maturity, I remained in pullups day and night well into 2nd grade, by third I was able to kind of stay dry but it wasn't until 7th grade (first year in middle school in our district primary went k-6) that I stopped bringing spare clothes and a few pullups to school in my backpack i didn't stop wetting the bed until after i had my drivers licence around 11th grade. Socially I was always 3 to 4 years behind, even in 6th grade 80% of my friends were either 1st or 2nd graders. But academically I was two or three grade levels ahead of my peers. The only subject I ever really struggled with and still struggle with today is writing/English. I was doing algebra and geometry by 4th grade I was already into fractions by the end of kindergarten. And of course when it comes to science I've always been obsessed with space and nature/animals so my science and biology classes I always excelled in as well. But even with all that but one thing I can never get away from was my child like nature and As I Grew I started looking back on my childhood more fondly and eventually it developed into abdl. I don't want to say it was necessarily diapers that Drew Me In but like my obsession with Goodnights and pullups it's more of an anchor, one of the few things that stayed constant and never changed. I normally archive my childhood around what kind of diaper or pullup I was wearing at the time of any event. I was wearing the BMX goodnites when the towers fell in 2001, in Y2K I was in large luvs baby diapers, 1997 is when I switched from standard pullups training pants/baby diapers to goodnites when I started potty training. Most of the milestones in my life involved a diaper or a pull up so as I matured I just kind of centered around that as my safe space.

w0lfpack91 said:
Well generally individuals on the autism spectrum are more child like than others our age, it's a common symptom of the disability that we are sometimes years behind or peers in developmental milestones. Mentally most of us are sharp as a razor in the more academic areas and it's our physical and maturity levels that don't develop right. Not saying I'm a doctor but my experiences with the mild form I grew up with, I had issues in social, physical maturity, I remained in pullups day and night well into 2nd grade, by third I was able to kind of stay dry but it wasn't until 7th grade (first year in middle school in our district primary went k-6) that I stopped bringing spare clothes and a few pullups to school in my backpack i didn't stop wetting the bed until after i had my drivers licence around 11th grade. Socially I was always 3 to 4 years behind, even in 6th grade 80% of my friends were either 1st or 2nd graders. But academically I was two or three grade levels ahead of my peers. The only subject I ever really struggled with and still struggle with today is writing/English. I was doing algebra and geometry by 4th grade I was already into fractions by the end of kindergarten. And of course when it comes to science I've always been obsessed with space and nature/animals so my science and biology classes I always excelled in as well. But even with all that but one thing I can never get away from was my child like nature and As I Grew I started looking back on my childhood more fondly and eventually it developed into abdl. I don't want to say it was necessarily diapers that Drew Me In but like my obsession with Goodnights and pullups it's more of an anchor, one of the few things that stayed constant and never changed. I normally archive my childhood around what kind of diaper or pullup I was wearing at the time of any event. I was wearing the BMX goodnites when the towers fell in 2001, in Y2K I was in large luvs baby diapers, 1997 is when I switched from standard pullups training pants/baby diapers to goodnites when I started potty training. Most of the milestones in my life involved a diaper or a pull up so as I matured I just kind of centered around that as my safe space.

Your point about being behind developmentally is definitely something that does make sense for alot of my childhood I was in diapers but what you said about milestones and being diapered whilst they happened raises more questions the main one being do most ABDL's have a history of being diapered during those times.

Another thing that I would like to mention is about how fetishes develop (And I am aware the ABDL isn't sexual for everyone) but a fetish usually develops during times such as the onset of puberty and is usually caused by the environment the individual is in such as seeing adverts in the mall for of Victoria's secret models and making the connection that lingerie is what causes sexual feelings. its all very interesting to research and something that I have done in the past (psychology has always been something that has interested me and especially the aspect of how the environment an individual is raised in can change that invidual)

I'm fairly certain that I've seen this topic come up before in the past. That said, yes there is a large population of the AB/DL community who are on the autism spectrum in some way shape or form. And while it is true, typically those with an autism spectrum disorder are developmentally behind others in their same age group, that's not a definite answer as to why they have become part of this group. I say this because many people like myself who are not on the spectrum are here as well (My being here also disagrees with the "bad childhood" explanation, but that's for another conversation)
Now, just from doing my own googling while typing this, I do see that there have been many studies done, and not all were conducted by "trustworthy" groups, to investigate the development of fetishes of those with autism, and some are showing significantly higher rates which may or may not be an explanation for some people.
So, I'm not trying to discredit what you're saying, I'm just stating that everyone's brain is weird, and we're such a small niche group that there's a decent likelihood that we will most likely not see a study done in our lifetimes. The fact of the matter is that we may never know why we are the way we are, it's just one of those things we kinda end up with.

I apologize if this was all over the place, I'm really tired and should probably get some sleep lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Very interesting thoughts. I have never felt as if I have any autism tendencies, but I have always considered my self as obsessive OCD.

Are there any guides/markers out there to help with self diagnosis?

If it helps.

Punctual beyond belief, and I mean beyond belief. 09.00 appointment I am there around 08.00 - 08.15, happy to sit and wait. I was late once and I was not right for days after.

I can handle helping anyone else with their chaos, but cannot deal with it very well in my personal life.

If I have been forced to turn in a circle, for example the dog getting caught behind me whilst on the lead, I have to turn back around the other way, this way I have unwound myself.

I like things in little boxes and have to have 'pairs' of everything, and I wish it was just socks, although they must ALL be the same colour (Black) and no patterns! :laugh: Example, I have to take a cool box to work, everything inside (sandwich box for example), have to fit perfect. Once I found the perfect combination, I had to purchase duplicates, just in case one went missing.

I do not like having dirty clothes in the washing basket, yeh I know that is what it is for. Never have I let a washing basket get more than a quarter full, despite having a decent wardrobe of clothes the ones in the basket MUST be washed, because they look 'untidy'.

So to you doctors out there.

Is it autism, or am I just another crazy guy that does weird things just like everyone else, but they are not prepared to admit them? :dunno: :laugh:

T

For me the whole reason I regress to being a baby/toddler is that I've been severally autistic for all of my life, and also I have had bouth physical and mental abuse for most if not all of my life because of being a victim of bullies plus the fact I suffer from disabilities that make me have to wear diapers than you could probably say that I am childish in son respects but also a genius in others.

Most of histories greatest minds as in scientists or other academics were autistic and I sometimes wonder how different things would have been if they weren't so special I don't consider myself either a AB/DL but I have also noticed what your talking about because it was and I a part of who I am today, having autism is nothing to be ashamed of and neither is being babyish or child-like everyone is different from each other and those around them and everybody deserves our respect and dignity as human beings.

Yours sincerely
Chinabany888

To be perfectly honest, I don't think autism has any link what so ever. Also, I know more ab/dl that isn't autistic than is. I think it's just a matter of where you hang out and who you notice.
Every person here has had different experiences, different life, and different medical issues and yet we all share something similar in common, with absolutely no connection or link as it appears.

Sure, we may find others who share similarities, but that doesn't make it a link or connection for the entire group or for why you and they are an AB/DL.

Chinababy888 said:
Most of histories greatest minds as in scientists or other academics were autistic

Is this actually a fact? Was there any official diagnoses for them or was it something people just think they may had been autistic? I think it's pretty important to differentiate the two. I mean, I realize you can find articles claiming certain amazing people where autistic .. but it's often for reasons that I also can then be considered autistic and i'm not as far as I am aware.

I, sometimes, often think people go to a rather far extent to try and make their disability into something it's not. To make it seem like they are special by attributing famous people to the same condition. I also am not trying to really make that sound bad even though it probably does. Not trying to offend, it's just something I have taken notice too.

w0lfpack91 said:
Well generally individuals on the autism spectrum are more child like than others our age, it's a common symptom of the disability that we are sometimes years behind or peers in developmental milestones. .
I disagree very much with this statement. I am not more childlike. I'm very mature, even more so then my father even. I am behind socially, sure. But not in any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back