The word "nappy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejames

Banned
Role
  1. Incontinent
Anyone else here HATE it? It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Yeah, I'm definitely with you on that

I had to grow up with it, I feel your pain but WAIT, have you heard the word dummy for pacifier,? Yuckie!!!!

I don't mind it. Doesn't mind diaper either. It's easier to say diaper than protective undergarment when I ask for them at the store. The workers don't catch protective undergarment at first so I say adult diaper.

Don't bother me either. I think its funny when the hospital calls them attends or depends lol.

Just keep in mind that the term "Nappy" is the ubiquitous term for "diaper" in the UK where a number of our members reside. I guess we are showing our American cultural bias and intolerance by "hating" a different term for diaper that embodies all the feelings and association of babyhood for individuals from another country/region. I would encourage all member to refer to "diapers" with their local/regional/cultural (colloquial) term.

I suppose as an adult, Jesus would have referred to his as swaddling clothes if the following three conditions were met:

1) If He was a "swaddling clothes" lover
2) If He saw himself as an Adult Baby Jesus
3) If He (by virtue of his omniscience) was familiar with the King James Bible translated some 1600 years later.

It does not bother me either. It is a word usage for different countries.

So what is the feeling about Biscuits or cookies?

Nappy and Nappies are my association words, Diaper, pannolino, Windel, couche etc are all lovely to me but not as good as Nappy. Incontinence pad is a turn off phrase to me.

Dummy rather than pacifier.

Biscuit rather than cookie though I do see choc chip biscuits as choc chip cookies thanks to Seasame Street.

Personally speaking the word diaper/nappy doesn't bother me anymore because I have come to terms with having to wear them again due to my life-long disabilities and the fact that I am incontinent, although I wasn't always this way as I was totally dreading the embarrassment about the idea of some day having to wear diapers when I was a teenager prior to my current problems with incontinence related issues.

I used to be embarrassed about even having a desire to one day return to becoming a self proclaimed baby and I never thought this would happen to me until I got old and grey, but little did I suspect that this would happen in my 30's in 2010, although since then I have come to enjoy the rest of my life in diapers because I have no more stress about having to rush to the toilets or restrooms every time I get the urge.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

Diapered Rabbit said:
Just keep in mind that the term "Nappy" is the ubiquitous term for "diaper" in the UK where a number of our members reside. I guess we are showing our American cultural bias and intolerance by "hating" a different term for diaper that embodies all the feelings and association of babyhood for individuals from another country/region. I would encourage all member to refer to "diapers" with their local/regional/cultural (colloquial) term.

I suppose as an adult, Jesus would have referred to his as swaddling clothes if the following three conditions were met:

1) If He was a "swaddling clothes" lover
2) If He saw himself as an Adult Baby Jesus
3) If He (by virtue of his omniscience) was familiar with the King James Bible translated some 1600 years later.

omg give it a rest with "cultural bias" and intolerance. It's actually OK to have opinions, you know. I hate the word nappy and am fully aware it's a UK thing.

- - - Updated - - -

egor said:
It does not bother me either. It is a word usage for different countries.

So what is the feeling about Biscuits or cookies?

Most UK/US English language things like this I find humorous. I got a kick out of learning that they call the hood of the car the "bonnet".

"Nappy" is just grating to me.

"Arrogant little twit" is an offensive term to me so I won't be using in any of my posts. -DR

""Arrogant little twit" is an offensive term to me so I won't be using in any of my posts. -DR" an offensive term to you, but an accurate description of some for some

Diapered Rabbit said:
"Arrogant little twit" is an offensive term to me so I won't be using in any of my posts. -DR

cute. are you "triggered" LOL

I prefer to use the term "Butt Wrapper"

I like it. It's a cute term, and I use it sometimes.

I was brought up with a Pacifier being called a Binky, but now I associate that with ravers, who wear Blinky Binkys.

I think it's really cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I joined ADISC I started using diaper despite being English but have switched back to nappy.

It can be interpreted as dismissive and demeaning - but it can also be considered cute as Deerest and Foxroxsox said.

I've actually got used to saying nappy now - and I think that's been positive thing.

I will be blunt. I hate the term Nappy, and like to use the term diaper. For me it is what I like, and so I choose to use it. I think the term diaper is "fitting" heh heh, get it, and I enjoy the sounding of the word.

I honestly wish we called them nappies over here in the USA. Diaper sounds so clinical, it's not cute and playful like the word nappy is! But I'll never call cookies biscuits...for the same reason ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back