Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The word "nappy"

mikejames

Default The word "nappy"

Anyone else here HATE it? It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I had to grow up with it, I feel your pain but WAIT, have you heard the word dummy for pacifier,? Yuckie!!!!

I don't mind it. Doesn't mind diaper either. It's easier to say diaper than protective undergarment when I ask for them at the store. The workers don't catch protective undergarment at first so I say adult diaper.

Don't bother me either. I think its funny when the hospital calls them attends or depends lol.

Just keep in mind that the term "Nappy" is the ubiquitous term for "diaper" in the UK where a number of our members reside. I guess we are showing our American cultural bias and intolerance by "hating" a different term for diaper that embodies all the feelings and association of babyhood for individuals from another country/region. I would encourage all member to refer to "diapers" with their local/regional/cultural (colloquial) term.

I suppose as an adult, Jesus would have referred to his as swaddling clothes if the following three conditions were met:

1) If He was a "swaddling clothes" lover
    2) If He saw himself as an Adult Baby Jesus
    3) If He (by virtue of his omniscience) was familiar with the King James Bible translated some 1600 years later.

It does not bother me either. It is a word usage for different countries.

So what is the feeling about Biscuits or cookies?

Nappy and Nappies are my association words, Diaper, pannolino, Windel, couche etc are all lovely to me but not as good as Nappy. Incontinence pad is a turn off phrase to me.

Dummy rather than pacifier.

Biscuit rather than cookie though I do see choc chip biscuits as choc chip cookies thanks to Seasame Street.

Personally speaking the word diaper/nappy doesn't bother me anymore because I have come to terms with having to wear them again due to my life-long disabilities and the fact that I am incontinent, although I wasn't always this way as I was totally dreading the embarrassment about the idea of some day having to wear diapers when I was a teenager prior to my current problems with incontinence related issues.

I used to be embarrassed about even having a desire to one day return to becoming a self proclaimed baby and I never thought this would happen to me until I got old and grey, but little did I suspect that this would happen in my 30's in 2010, although since then I have come to enjoy the rest of my life in diapers because I have no more stress about having to rush to the toilets or restrooms every time I get the urge.

Yours sincerely
    Chinababy888

mikejames

Quote Originally Posted by Diapered Rabbit View Post
    Just keep in mind that the term "Nappy" is the ubiquitous term for "diaper" in the UK where a number of our members reside. I guess we are showing our American cultural bias and intolerance by "hating" a different term for diaper that embodies all the feelings and association of babyhood for individuals from another country/region. I would encourage all member to refer to "diapers" with their local/regional/cultural (colloquial) term.

I suppose as an adult, Jesus would have referred to his as swaddling clothes if the following three conditions were met:

1) If He was a "swaddling clothes" lover
    2) If He saw himself as an Adult Baby Jesus
    3) If He (by virtue of his omniscience) was familiar with the King James Bible translated some 1600 years later.
    omg give it a rest with "cultural bias" and intolerance. It's actually OK to have opinions, you know. I hate the word nappy and am fully aware it's a UK thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    It does not bother me either. It is a word usage for different countries.

So what is the feeling about Biscuits or cookies?
    Most UK/US English language things like this I find humorous. I got a kick out of learning that they call the hood of the car the "bonnet".

"Nappy" is just grating to me.