Not open for further replies.

Tinklepanties

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
Hi all,
Does anyone have a suggestion on a diaper that is both higher capacity for extended wear, and durable enough to hold up under fairly strenuous activity? I live on about six acres in a very rural area, and am looking for a good diaper to withstand a day of woodcutting/stacking, brush clearing, general yard work, cleaning gutters and any other projects that come up. My current "go to" diapers are Northshore Supremes and/or Abena M4. The abena gets trashed after a couple of hours, but the Northshore seems to hold up much better. I'd love to find one that can go all day without being shredded at the end.

Bonus points for plastic backing, wide crotch, and bomb proof leak guards!

Thanks for any suggestions

dry 247

Tinklepanties said:
Hi all,
Does anyone have a suggestion on a diaper that is both higher capacity for extended wear, and durable enough to hold up under fairly strenuous activity? I live on about six acres in a very rural area, and am looking for a good diaper to withstand a day of woodcutting/stacking, brush clearing, general yard work, cleaning gutters and any other projects that come up. My current "go to" diapers are Northshore Supremes and/or Abena M4. The abena gets trashed after a couple of hours, but the Northshore seems to hold up much better. I'd love to find one that can go all day without being shredded at the end.

Bonus points for plastic backing, wide crotch, and bomb proof leak guards!

Thanks for any suggestions

Your on the right track with Northshore Supremes they just need a little help. I wear to work everyday. I use a medium Northshore Supreme with one medium Northshore booster, babykins terry lined vinyl pants (L/G) and a babykins onesie for a little support. I'm very active at work driving, walking, climbing, and bending over. I usually work 8-12 hours and it lasts all day for me. Your right about the M4's falling apart. I hope this steers you in the right direction.

dlnotab said:
Your on the right track with Northshore Supremes they just need a little help. I wear to work everyday. I use a medium Northshore Supreme with one medium Northshore booster, babykins terry lined vinyl pants (L/G) and a babykins onesie for a little support. I'm very active at work driving, walking, climbing, and bending over. I usually work 8-12 hours and it lasts all day for me. Your right about the M4's falling apart. I hope this steers you in the right direction.

Thanks Dino!
I actually use a Goodnites (I split the crotch with a razor knife) along with a Tena booster inside the Northshore, along with a waterproof cover. This provides much better protection, but still doesn't hold out all day.
I'm wondering about either the 24/7 or ABU Simple as an option.

The Northshore and booster can adsorb all I produce at work. 5 cups of coffee, 2 12oz pepsi. The terry lined plastic pants work better than normal plastic pants because they will catch any drips and soak them up. I have problems leaking out the sides of any disposable when wetting while sitting down.

Unfortunately disposables aren't known for durability. For that you really need to go with cloth. I realize you may not want that answer but just throwing it out there as an FYI.

I've only had the ABU preschool for a short time thus far but they're turning out to be extremely durable. The SDK do well also. (preschool are clothlike, sdk are plastic)

I wear abena m4 for incontinence, and am highly active. The trick to making just about any disposable hold together is to wear a pair of underwear or fixing pants over it. Ive done this for years and the padding never clumps when I do.

dlnotab said:
The Northshore and booster can adsorb all I produce at work. 5 cups of coffee, 2 12oz pepsi. The terry lined plastic pants work better than normal plastic pants because they will catch any drips and soak them up. I have problems leaking out the sides of any disposable when wetting while sitting down.
Are you pointing up when your sitting down ? It makes a big difference.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

bambinod said:
Unfortunately disposables aren't known for durability. For that you really need to go with cloth. I realize you may not want that answer but just throwing it out there as an FYI.

I've only had the ABU preschool for a short time thus far but they're turning out to be extremely durable. The SDK do well also. (preschool are clothlike, sdk are plastic)

Thanks!
I really like the Northshore Supremes. Bang for the buck, I think they're one of the best out there. I also like that they're a plastic backed and wider crotch. I may try either the SDK or Simple just to compare.

I don't think you'll have much luck finding a disposable that will top the NorthShore Supreme in terms of durability. They are pretty tough diapers. I hate to say it, but the cloth backed may be more durable than the plastic backed. Strenuous activity, especially any repetitive crouching, wreaks havoc with plastic backed diapers. If you crouch the air gets trapped inside and will puff the diaper like a balloon, this really messes with the padding and its bond to the plastic shell and will cause clumping and separation. I usually use a round of golf as my determination of durability. Very few diapers can remain intact, leak free, and absorbent through an entire round. The constant walking, twisting, and crouching is very tough on diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back