Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I have decided to have a little fun with some ballons but I have no idea how long they will last for, I think they may survive for 3-5 days but it's been a while since I had them.

They are store bought balloons that I inflated by blowing into them. I have blown them up to a smallish size.

How long do you think they will last before they go horrible and wrinkly?

Angelic said:
I have decided to have a little fun with some ballons but I have no idea how long they will last for, I think they may survive for 3-5 days but it's been a while since I had them.

They are store bought balloons that I inflated by blowing into them. I have blown them up to a smallish size.

How long do you think they will last before they go horrible and wrinkly?

I might be wrong here, but I think a week or two?

The bigger question is, how long before all of us go horrible and wrinkly? I think I'm well on my way.

dogboy said:
The bigger question is, how long before all of us go horrible and wrinkly? I think I'm well on my way.

Nice!

I'll compare, not bad on actual age things, most people think I am younger than I am in that respect, but with a few huge bumps sticking out of my head, and can't walk much...

I'll trade you 20years on the forehead damage alone any day you want :)

Not sure who won the battle, the windshield and car, or me...

Cars toast, I'm alive...car doesn't hurt, I do...ugliness I'd say it's a tie....

Now the battle seatbelt vs windshield I won that whole debockle, steering wheel shaft sticking out the back of drivers seat vs me looking like a lesser version of elephant man, hell ya I won! I'm alive and talking on adisc vs being a human siskabob with a blunt end to boot!

Ok back to the question, they will last longer under inflated for sure, so depends on too many factors to give good answer, but you'll be best off with air vs helium, as the molecules of He are small enough to actually pass through latex, This plus the reflective and opacity of Mylar is why they hold helium much longer.

So, several days should be easily good with slight high co2 air and any sort of decent balloon...as long as you don't have large atmospheric changes on barometric pressure, this includes altitude change...buy a balloon in say Jackson Hole airport (6451') and take the quick hop to Sacramento (27') which I've done many times both for fun and for hire, people won't believe me when I say wait till Sacramento to get balloons for the kids. Every kid thought it was cool coming into SAC to see it "deflate" then cried after finding out it's not going to be coming back! ;(

And a question back is what are you doing with said balloons something childish I suppect :)

Bigbabybret said:
Nice!

I'll compare, not bad on actual age things, most people think I am younger than I am in that respect, but with a few huge bumps sticking out of my head, and can't walk much...

Ironically, I have a bump on my forehead, but it goes a bit inward. I got hit by a Ford when I was 14, the car trying to run a red light while I was trying to cross the highway.

As for balloons, the Hindenburg did pretty well until Lakehurst, N. J. and then, it was horrible and wrinkly.

Hi I happen to manage a retail establishment that sells balloons among other things. Trevor did link a Great little list there. and if we're talking mylar filled with helium or foil balloons you should get three days or so before wrinkling. Also who says wrinkly balloons are horrible they just need a little hug, it takes the years right off them.

Bubble wrap is less expensive to play with! I was laughing at my boss today for playing with it while working. I wanted to play too but was very busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back