Messing and Clean up

Status
Not open for further replies.
This works well. I do the same. I just paper towel the bulk of it off of the skin so I don't have as much to poke into the drain with my foot. Note that no fake poop should go into the drain though. I have to get all that off with paper towels. Dry towels first then a couple of wet ones for the leftover "poo film". All the used towels go in the bag with the diaper full of swamp cheese.

I stand over a disposable bed pad and drop my diaper. I use wipes to clean up the mess as much as possible then shower. Wrap the whole mess up in the pad and dispose

Almost every time I mess my diapers and I wear them until full - I have a mild case of IBS I think. I take my diapers off in the shower and don't find it gross at all - and then it's just to shower and rinse thoroughly - pretty straight forward for me, actually.

jguy said:
Almost every time I mess my diapers and I wear them until full - I have a mild case of IBS I think.

I don't mess my diapers, but I recently switched to using them during the day instead of pull-ups. One of the benefits of pull-ups was that I could easily use the toilet for messing, but it's more of a hassle in diapers and with tapes. I've thought for awhile that I might have mild IBS related to my (now severe) stress incontinence, because I mess five or six or seven times each day with very little regularity. I can almost always find a toilet in time (no problems with control) but I've definitely considered messing myself a few times when I feel the urge a few minutes after changing. How long do you stay in a messy diaper for? I know I'd need to get plastic pants if I were to sometimes go this route, but have you noticed any issues with your skin? And how often do you mess? I can't imagine I'd be doing this more than once or twice a week, if even that. Only when convenient.

inconsurferdude said:
I don't mess my diapers, but I recently switched to using them during the day instead of pull-ups. One of the benefits of pull-ups was that I could easily use the toilet for messing, but it's more of a hassle in diapers and with tapes. I've thought for awhile that I might have mild IBS related to my (now severe) stress incontinence, because I mess five or six or seven times each day with very little regularity. I can almost always find a toilet in time (no problems with control) but I've definitely considered messing myself a few times when I feel the urge a few minutes after changing. How long do you stay in a messy diaper for? I know I'd need to get plastic pants if I were to sometimes go this route, but have you noticed any issues with your skin? And how often do you mess? I can't imagine I'd be doing this more than once or twice a week, if even that. Only when convenient.

If at home I usually wear them 3-5 hours until full - I believe that wearing longer than that would cause skin-irritation. I wear plastic pants as an odor-barrier - they don't really protect much against leaks. I mess probably 3-4 times a day but as I work from my home I have easy toilet access so my diaper-wearing is primarily for enjoyment. Except for a few occasions (I mentioned one in a former thread) where my experience is that wearing diapers have a psychological effect which for me seems to reduce my toilet urges, which is both relaxing and practical. To me I guess you can say that this relatively new fetish also appeared to have a practical side to it :) Even though I do enjoy wearing full diapers in public (short-term and in a very controlled environment), I certainly wouldn't want to do it under more professional or social circumstances. If you have mild IBS I guess that wearing diapers and plastic pants will make you feel more at ease - it can't go all that bad, so to speak :)

Last edited:
jguy said:
my experience is that wearing diapers have a psychological effect which for me seems to reduce my toilet urges, which is both relaxing and practical.

My issues with bowel frequency have become more severe alongside my urinary incontinence, and since I've only been in diapers for a couple of weeks I'm hoping that I won't feel so comfortable that my bowel issues worsen. I do have some bladder control, and so can sometimes pee between changes (usually while having a bowel movement) but in diapers I've noticed that I'm hardly urinating at all when I use the toilet now. 3-5 hours in a messy diaper seems like quite awhile, I've only worn a wet M4 for that long maybe three times since I started using them haha Do you notice more of an odor with a um "larger" mess, or do you find even small amounts of fecal matter to be noticeable? Thanks for the information!

inconsurferdude said:
My issues with bowel frequency have become more severe alongside my urinary incontinence, and since I've only been in diapers for a couple of weeks I'm hoping that I won't feel so comfortable that my bowel issues worsen. I do have some bladder control, and so can sometimes pee between changes (usually while having a bowel movement) but in diapers I've noticed that I'm hardly urinating at all when I use the toilet now. 3-5 hours in a messy diaper seems like quite awhile, I've only worn a wet M4 for that long maybe three times since I started using them haha Do you notice more of an odor with a um "larger" mess, or do you find even small amounts of fecal matter to be noticeable? Thanks for the information!

I don't suffer from IC, but may I suggest that you try the Kegel exercise which will strengthen a weakened PC (ring) muscle. A positive side effect is that it will also give you stronger orgasms, but that's a totally different issue, I realize. I'm not medically qualified to discuss the possible downsides of wearing diapers - ie your comment above if it will make you so comfortable that you loose normal bladder control. In me it hasn't at all, but I suggest you take this up with a physician.

Regarding odor my plastic pants are pretty good (though not totally perfect) in containing it. I use two (a smaller and a larger) Euroflex plastic pants and that's fairly effective to control odor. If odor is an issue for you my guess is that taping them up on thighs and waist will do the job of odor control - in fact, it might even prevent leaks to some extend.

3-5 hours is only when I'm home - I wouldn't suggest that for long-time public appearances, so to speak.

Thanks. I've been seeing a urologist for nearly a decade (first bedwetting, later stress incontinence) and was doing Kegels a lot until I started wearing pull-ups. It was always meant to maintain the control I had, but I think it only slowed it. It's been consistently getting more frequent for several years now, to the point where we (the urologist, my primary doctor and me) agreed that diapers make sense. I'm really supposed to continue my exercises, along with a few other things (trying to use pads at home and make the constant trips to the toilet that entails, etc) but I figure I'll probably lose most of my remaining control within four or five years anyways. Might as well learn how to handle it now, instead of later, I guess. My main concern is that I'll begin to lose bowel control or notice even more increased frequency, which isn't really something I want. Even if I use plastic pants on some days so that I have the option of messing (stuck in traffic, etc). I'm in public a lot for work, so it's not something I'd want to do in public unless I absolutely couldn't help it. More trying to see how common occasional messing is among other people (like me) who find themselves already having to wear protection for urinary incontinence. Definitely have a list of questions for my next appointment, guess I'll just have to wait and see. But thanks for reminding me to practice my Kegels ;-)

I'm quite certain that there are folks here on this good forum much more qualified than me to give you advice regarding IC. As mentioned, to me this is primarily a fetish - combined with some mild IBS. I still think that Kegels surely cannot harm you, but I'm not a physician. But having to get into full-time wearing of diapers is at least an option that you will have to consider then, mon ami. You wrote that you've only been wearing diapers for two weeks - when and why did you start?

I find messing in a diaper to be somewhat enjoyable. I do not mind the smell at all it is a part of life if you poop in the toilet or the diaper the smell is the same. I personally like the warmth a sqishiness of the poop in the diaper. The clean up after pooping in a diaper is much easier at home than away from home. If I am at home I wear my messy diaper for about an hour or 2 depending how big the mess is. If large mess I usually go to the shower remove my diaper, take diaper wipes to get a lot of the bigger mess of first and then I shower the rest off. If I am out I usually will find a family bathroom and go in there remove my clothes and then take the diaper off and use baby wipes to clean myself off completely. Then when I get back home usually will take shower to clean up completely. I think for me is as a routine because I do not know when I may mess my diaper I alway use Desitin as a preventive piece from getting a diaper rash post pooping.

jguy said:
You wrote that you've only been wearing diapers for two weeks - when and why did you start?

Hope you don't mind me copying/pasting from my first post here :)

Brief history:
I've always had to urinate frequently, and wet the bed most nights until college. Still have occasional nighttime accidents, usually when drinking alcohol. Began experiencing stress incontinence three years ago, which I was able to manage with pads (male guards) until a few months ago when I switched to store-brand pull-ups. I still try to use the toilet when I can, but lately I've found myself increasingly reliant on them, which I suspected would happen… and now I'm wondering whether I should just wear diapers, and avoid the hassle of trying to rush to the toilet altogether. I could probably go back to wearing pads (or at least stay in pull-ups), although I don't miss the inconvenience of changing so frequently… especially pads, which I would have to switch out every 45 minutes or so. I wore diapers every night growing up and I still enjoy wearing them to relax, so I'm not necessarily opposed to being diapered full-time. But I also know how much of a commitment it would be… changing in public, managing odor, using powder and vaseline, carrying wet-wipes and a bulky bag everywhere… I guess what it really comes down to is whether I want to accept that I'm basically incontinent… or make a conscious effort to retain some control. Which is exactly how I felt when going from pads to pull-ups. Right now, I feel the urge to urinate every five or ten minutes, along with involuntarily releasing smaller amounts of urine when sneezing, bending at the waist, etc. Fortunately, my co-workers, family, and girlfriend know about my bladder issues… so discretion isn't something I'm too concerned about.

So this was about a month ago, right before I ordered my first case of M4. Those worked really well, but I recently switched to M3 for less bulk most days. What's interesting is that even though I'm now almost completely daytime incontinent, I've missed the feeling of being in diapers (especially at night) ever since I stopped wetting the bed around the time I started college. I definitely have a diaper fetish, to some extent. But even as someone who doesn't mind wearing them, just the reality of dealing with everyday really can be a burden. I'm used to not having control of my bladder by now, but I still get really frustrated on days where I have 6+ small bowel movements. What really sucks is that avoiding trips to the bathroom is why I started wearing diapers instead of pull-ups, but without pull-ups I'm realizing that having to deal with finding a stall changing everything whenever I feel the urge to mess means that some days I'm making almost as many trips to the bathroom as I did when I was having change out of a saturated pull-up every 90 minutes.

I feel weird for asking about messing basically on purpose in the incontinence forum, but I'm wondering if it might make sense in certain contexts, or if it's something to be avoided at all costs. For instance, last week thirty minutes before clocking out I had to abruptly end a phone call at work so that I would have time to run down the hall, hope for an available stall, remove a diaper I'd put on fifteen minutes earlier, and have a bowel movement. On the drive home, I found myself thinking that I should have just messed my diaper, left a little early, driven with the windows down, and taken a shower the moment I walked through the door. So I'm curious how often I could do something like this without developing a rash, if my car would smell the next day, if I'd have to worry about any sort of longterm odor on my skin, etc. I know alot of the people here with bowel incontinence say that it's awful to manage, but I'm more interested in hearing from people who for whatever reason (fetish, similar situation as mine) mess occasionally but regularly, and not always at home.

Last edited:
inconsurferdude said:
I'm wondering if it might make sense in certain contexts, or if it's something to be avoided at all costs.

One option is to put your diaper tapes on just a little bit looser, so that you can slide them down, use the bathroom, then slide them back up. You'll have to wiggle a bit to get them up and down, and readjust the flaps after doing this. It's actually not all that great to have the tapes overly tight anyway, as they pop off easier then. I haven't found it's increased the incidents of leaking at all.

How long you can stay messy mostly depends on your skin. I can go overnight without a care in the world. Worst case is I'll be a tiny bit sore or itchy. Some people will get a rash within an hour. It may not be pleasant, but try going for longer and longer periods until you get a rash, and note how long it took. If you make it longer than you'll ever need, obviously stop and be glad you avoided a rash. If you do get one, use Desitin and change right away until it's healed. If you have really rash prone skin, then you might want to just always use Desitin.

I can certainly relate to how very annoying it is to have to change more than twice a day due to messes. Diet changes and eating less meals may be able to help reduce the frequency. But you may not be able to get it under three a day.

If you can avoid it, I would suggest not messing in public. If you really can't, at least take chlorophyll. But take note that chlorophyll can make you go more often.

inconsurferdude said:
I feel weird for asking about messing basically on purpose in the incontinence forum, but I'm wondering if it might make sense in certain contexts, or if it's something to be avoided at all costs. For instance, last week thirty minutes before clocking out I had to abruptly end a phone call at work so that I would have time to run down the hall, hope for an available stall, remove a diaper I'd put on fifteen minutes earlier, and have a bowel movement. On the drive home, I found myself thinking that I should have just messed my diaper, left a little early, driven with the windows down, and taken a shower the moment I walked through the door. So I'm curious how often I could do something like this without developing a rash, if my car would smell the next day, if I'd have to worry about any sort of longterm odor on my skin, etc. I know alot of the people here with bowel incontinence say that it's awful to manage, but I'm more interested in hearing from people who for whatever reason (fetish, similar situation as mine) mess occasionally but regularly, and not always at home.

I can easily relate to the hassle of having to change messy diapers in a public/office rest room – I’d for sure avoid that as well if I could. However, if you’ve gotta go, you’ve gotta go and with good plastic pants the smell ought not be such a big problem. Actually, I’m in my messed diapers as we speak, and the plastic pants (Euroflex bloomers) really do a fine job of containing smell.

The biggest issue as I see it is cleaning. I live in a Southeast Asian country where spray-hoses are common in toilets – 1.000 times more efficient than mere toilet-paper, but that’s hardly the case in most Western restrooms making cleaning your behind much more complex unfortunately. Public restrooms are hardly designed with diaper-wearers in mind...

Regarding rash – try it out – at home and see how your skin reacts. I my case 3-5 hours wearing makes my buttocks a bit itchy but nothing substantial. And I kinda enjoy the feeling, but that’s a whole different story :)

goten said:
One option is to put your diaper tapes on just a little bit looser, so that you can slide them down, use the bathroom, then slide them back up.

I've tried this, even with loose top tapes I can't slide it down. :/ I think my hips are too wide. Higher padding in the back with the waist taped tight (I suck in before I do the top tapes) and then the legs a little bit looser is how I like to wear my diapers.

goten said:
How long you can stay messy mostly depends on your skin. I can go overnight without a care in the world. Worst case is I'll be a tiny bit sore or itchy. Some people will get a rash within an hour. It may not be pleasant, but try going for longer and longer periods until you get a rash, and note how long it took. If you make it longer than you'll ever need, obviously stop and be glad you avoided a rash.

Yeah, I think I just need to try it before asking so many questions. LOL I did once, years and years ago when I was still wetting the bed, and I felt so ashamed in the few seconds after that I changed immediately and tried to not think about it. But that was before I had any sort of daytime incontinence. My girlfriend will be visiting family from Christmas until after New Year, so I'll have time to try this experiment… assuming I'm not so grossed out by it the first time that I give up on the idea immediately. I should probably order some plastic pants today if I'm going to have time to do this, I guess I'll get the Gary briefs I read good things about.

goten said:
If you can avoid it, I would suggest not messing in public. If you really can't, at least take chlorophyll. But take note that chlorophyll can make you go more often.

Funny that my options are "less often but smell worse" and "more often but smell better" LOL I can't imagine I'd mess in public unless it were an absolute emergency, like a real accident. And I'm already getting good at knowing the nearest places to change throughout my day. My bowel movements are frequent, but the timing is inconsistent, which makes it difficult to get into a regular changing schedule. One thing that is consistent (sorry if this is graphic) is the size… thankfully I almost never have a BM that is larger than (for example) a golf ball. I also rarely have non-solid or sticky messes. (Probably because of diet) So maybe clean up won't be too much of a problem, especially since this isn't something I'd be doing on a regular basis. Thanks for all of the advice!

- - - Updated - - -

jguy said:
Actually, I’m in my messed diapers as we speak, and the plastic pants (Euroflex bloomers) really do a fine job of containing smell.

If you have had experience with both, would you recommend Euroflex above Gary briefs for odor control?

jguy said:
Regarding rash – try it out – at home and see how your skin reacts. I my case 3-5 hours wearing makes my buttocks a bit itchy but nothing substantial. And I kinda enjoy the feeling, but that’s a whole different story :)

Looking to order plastic pants online today so that I can do exactly this while my girlfriend's away for the holidays. Even though she's well aware of my incontinence and 100% supportive of me, messing occasionally isnt something I want her to know that I'm considering as an option for managing my minor bowel issues… it feels like a personal decision, and hopefully I'll always be able to change discretely away from her whenever it happens.

jguy said:
The biggest issue as I see it is cleaning. I live in a Southeast Asian country where spray-hoses are common in toilets – 1.000 times more efficient than mere toilet-paper, but that’s hardly the case in most Western restrooms making cleaning your behind much more complex unfortunately. Public restrooms are hardly designed with diaper-wearers in mind...

There's not very much variation in the composition or size of my bowel movements (which is probably why they are so frequent) so I'll know soon enough what to expect each time I decide to do this. I'll probably allow myself to mess an M4 at home at some point after Christmas but before New Year (hopefully I'll have plastic pants by then) and report back :) In most cases I wouldn't be staying in the diaper for more than two or three hours at most (I'd like to sometimes be able to go four or five hours between changes) so I guess I'll start with an hour and a half (if I'm not immediately too grossed out again) and see how my skin reacts. I should probably buy some more wipes too. And maybe Destin. My bathroom at home has a toilet closet separate from the shower and sink that's smaller than most public toilet stalls, so I'm going to try changing while standing in there the first time to see how clean I can get using just wipes and how quickly. I have no idea the best way to change a messy diaper, so I'll have to do some more reading on the forums before I try this LOL Hopefully I won't need Febreeze :/ Thanks!

Last edited:
rawr1 said:
Yeah when i sit in it it ends up spreading forward to my erm dangley bits. not fun to deal with. didnt think about wipes. I just jumped in the shower and there was enough mess still hanging around to cause issues for the drain. got me thinking how the heck do people deal with this on a regular basis.

I drop the offending poop into the toilet and clean myself as much as possible with toilet paper which I also flush. Then I take a shower with no drain problems.

Last edited:
It all depends on the state of the poop... Having IBS means sometimes it is nice and firm and other times it's diaper gravy.

Either way I change in the shower which is right next to the toilet. I untapped, and gently drop the diaper below me... If it is firm, I can typically shake it from the diaper into the toilet. If not then we hope for the best.

I use a lot of wipes and when I think I'm clean enough, I bag it up and then turn on the shower and hose down.

I found a scarf hanger that I put on the shower curtain rod... So now I have a hook for the plastic shopping bag when I'm putting the diaper in with only one hand on the diaper and the other on the free end of the bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back