Moths!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
it's not like we get many plagues, infestations or whatever up here, but last year it was carpet beetles (yeah, i'd never heard of them, either) and this year the forecasted moths came.

i know the larvae are in my bedroom, devouring my older nappies, but i was really pissed off to find that they're also in this bedroom's cupboard where i store clothes and bedding for whatever season's to come.
because of all the relatives we've had visiting and coming and going and just being annoying pains, having a good cleanout hasn't been possible, but when i got around to clearing out this cupboard, i found that my newest and favouritest woollen top was moth-etten :cursing:

aye, we say 'etten'. don't get cocky about it or tha'll get a knock t' noggin.
View attachment 27700

now, i know that they don't like Dettol, so everything's getting a rinse with that, and i've just bought some vacuum bags for my clothes and bedding and, yes, nappies.
i've got to do my bedroom, yet. still got a relative here, so it's a bit dicky. i plan on burning a lot of stuff; i was going to burn the stuff in this room as it was mostly kids' clothes, but i bagged them up and took them to the tip (where we were told to throw the recyclables into the landfill skip).

Oh G-d. I haven't checked on my Norwegian wool sweater in forever... I hope moths haven't gotten to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back