Onesie - Anyone tried these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, in the kids' sizes. They're my preferred style, especially for when the old corpse ain't up to much.

Its interesting where they have put the fastening, at waist level, save a bit of drama when buckling the onesie up I'd imagine.

aleakyboomboom said:
Its interesting where they have put the fastening, at waist level, save a bit of drama when buckling the onesie up I'd imagine.

That's for individuals with feeding tubes. It makes it easier to have access to it.

I'm wearing one now and they're really easy to put on much better then having the poppers at the bottom. btw expect a wait for them to be delivered although it says when you pay for first class delivery should take 2/3 days, mine took 18 days to get delivered with no email to say why is was delayed.

bobbilly said:
...mine took 18 days to get delivered with no email to say why is was delayed.

that could be Royal Mail, if it was sent by or subbed to them. my niece had something despatched, as Royal Mail 24H delivery, on the same day as something which i'd ordered was despatched from nearby the same place, but by 2nd class delivery. i got mine within 3 days, she got her's after a week (7 days, not including Sat and Sun), missing the event for which she'd bought the items. both the places from which they came are less than 30 miles away.

My order took 18 days and 3 chase up emails to get dispatched, once royalmail had it it was delivered in less than 24 hours.
There products are faultless tho, a real cut above the usual cottage industry stuff, Made in england as a sideline to a company that makes workwear and it shows there made of a fairly heavy cotton with really strong flat seams, these are designed to last for years of hard use. really need to order more tbh.

The medically thing puts me off a bit, and anyway i'd prefer to be in scaled up normal baby / toddler clothing ie the normal crotch popper vests. I understand it may seem more practical for some people, but if we wanted practicality, wouldn't we just wear underpants/briefs, jeans and a teeshirt and use the toilet like everyone else?!
Racketys normal popper vests are great though and I'm gonna get an M&S one soon which I suspect may be made by Rackety's as well.

sambus said:
The medically thing puts me off a bit, and anyway i'd prefer to be in scaled up normal baby / toddler clothing ie the normal crotch popper vests. I understand it may seem more practical for some people, but if we wanted practicality, wouldn't we just wear underpants/briefs, jeans and a teeshirt and use the toilet like everyone else?!
Racketys normal popper vests are great though and I'm gonna get an M&S one soon which I suspect may be made by Rackety's as well.

I mean, diapers can be practical... I've been saved from public embarassment a couple of times by mine...

Think I might have the wrong end of the stick here but these are mega practical.
I bought mine so I could wear at work without others seeing after some very judgmental looks from customers and always having to wear boxers over my tenas to try and hide them.
Easiest thing would be to tuck in my shirt but I wouldn't do it if I wasn't wearing and I didn't do it when I just used pads at work so starting to do it all of a sudden would be odd for other staff.
The onesies I got from racketys are the tshirt style, like an undershirt and I just have a shirt or a jumper over them, no need for any normal undies that interfere with the nappies.

Mark & Spencer?

sambus said:

I don't know... The M&S bodysuit/onsie is $8 where the Racketys is $18.49.
My guess is that they are not the same...

Yeh with the price of the M&S ones there's a good chance there made in the same sweatshop factories as there baby sizes counterparts.
Hasn't stopped me ordering a few, shame it's only white or pink over age 7-8 tho, the stripey ones are cute and the star print pjs too.

Note the dimensions aren't for all around the chest, just across the front. The XLG corresponds to a 42" traditional chest measurement. Not the largest adult size, but hardly child sized.

So I ordered end of last week, I ordered black but got a prompt email saying it was out of stock, other options in that size were given and I chose white, I've yet to try the garment on, but it looks good and well made, this evening after doing the Abena Bodystocking buttoning up dance I'm looking forward to trying the Racketys onesie in the morning.

Aleakyboomboom

I saw this thread a few weeks back and thought I would get one and give it a try. And I must say, I am super impressed so far. My existing onsie vests I have tend to "get gathered" around the leg area and end up getting wet where its encroached on my nappy. Ive had my new rackets onsie vest for a week and its not happened once yet. I think I will get more of them. I have also noticed they do an all on one style of PJ's but rather pricey.

Like mentioned above, the delivery does seem to take its time compared to what you would expect these days.

Hello anna s

I like yourself took the plunge and ordered, also very impressed, I already own quite a number of onesies, maybe 40-50 mostly Abena, but also suprima, fabimonti, Tiersch etc.
One thing is for sure, I'll be buying maybe 10-20 of these Racketys onesies to replace the earliest abena that I have that are coming up for 4 years old and starting the loose elasticity, I see 17/18 as there enddate.

The Racketys with the belly studs makes it so much easier to button up, really having the studs on in the belly area makes so much more sense, I'm surprised I've never encountered this from another manufacturer in the 10 plus years of wearing onesies.

Aleakyboomboom

aleakyboomboom said:
Hello anna s

I like yourself took the plunge and ordered, also very impressed, I already own quite a number of onesies, maybe 40-50 mostly Abena, but also suprima, fabimonti, Tiersch etc.
One thing is for sure, I'll be buying maybe 10-20 of these Racketys onesies to replace the earliest abena that I have that are coming up for 4 years old and starting the loose elasticity, I see 17/18 as there enddate.

The Racketys with the belly studs makes it so much easier to button up, really having the studs on in the belly area makes so much more sense, I'm surprised I've never encountered this from another manufacturer in the 10 plus years of wearing onesies.

Aleakyboomboom

Yep and thanks again :) After being pleased with my first purchase, I have placed a further order for the belly button type and a size smaller (13-14 yo). I will see how I get on with it and make a further purchases what I find suits me the best.

I like the look of these and might give them a try now that the weather is cooler, I'm wearing bulkier nappies and don't mind an extra layer of clothing. How does the position of the poppers compare to a trouser belt - presumably they are well below? I can imagine that they would be uncomfortable if anything was pressing them against the skin unless protected by nappy padding.

Paxe said:
I like the look of these and might give them a try now that the weather is cooler, I'm wearing bulkier nappies and don't mind an extra layer of clothing. How does the position of the poppers compare to a trouser belt - presumably they are well below? I can imagine that they would be uncomfortable if anything was pressing them against the skin unless protected by nappy padding.

When I was looking at the information, it said that the poppers are covered on the inside to prevent that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back