Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump and nukes?

Unhappy Trump and nukes?

Definantly not on topic, but there is talking about Trump mentioning "Revolutionary war" "Violence in election day" "Suing" and things, which is all expected, but I saw a new commercial talking about him using the nuclear codes. For those who read my previous posts, you would know this is an extreme fear of mine, because once one person fires, the whole world is going to fire. Here where I live, I cannot dig down to create a bunker, as it is impossible at my elevation and location. Is this a fear that only I have or is there some....legitimancy to this?

Trump can only fire nukes if we are attacked first from what I understand. He CANNOT just willy nilly pick a place and go "You're fired!" He would first need to declare war and he cannot do that without congress. Sooo no, it's not something I am concerned over.

I have seen the commercial also.

There is one thing that I would like to point out.

Correct me if I am wrong but is Trump's opponent running fear campaign about him and only using "for the kids" as her statement.

I have yet to see any policy statements at all. At least Trump has said things even if they are Controversial.

I don't pay any attention to any of those BS commercials. I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks evreyone, I feel a little more settled out on this... Im just still slightly nervous because I hate violence and things causing mass deaths. Thanks for your encouragement to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonBabypup View Post
    Definantly not on topic, but there is talking about Trump mentioning "Revolutionary war" "Violence in election day" "Suing" and things, which is all expected, but I saw a new commercial talking about him using the nuclear codes. For those who read my previous posts, you would know this is an extreme fear of mine, because once one person fires, the whole world is going to fire. Here where I live, I cannot dig down to create a bunker, as it is impossible at my elevation and location. Is this a fear that only I have or is there some....legitimancy to this?
    Stupidity is going to end up killing us all, seems like the people in charge of other aspects of the US seem to be smarter than trump, so I'm guessing whoever will be in charge of defence, won't listen to his orders.

Not sure how it works in the USA but I think only congress has the power to declare war against another nation, as it needs there approval, but I could be god damn wrong, the US have done some sketchy stuff with other countries in the past, even as simple as raiding a person in another country based on bogus charges. (Kim Dotcom for example) (NSA spying, GCHQ)

If the USA does decide to nuke another country, we are pretty much fucked, and we are doomed by a moronic idiot :P, but from my understanding the president doesn't have as much power as most people make out he does. (more of a puppet) congress usually has to approve things, that being said nothing stops them slipping in a (we can do what we want) in other bills, for example them slyly sneaking SOPA in a unrelated bill.

Don't be surprised if a bill like that sneaks up in a "protect the children" fashion, which gives the president the power to do whatever :P

Or they could always use a scapegoat, illegal spying to stop terrorism, sure people hate terrorism, but should you really give up all your rights for a little safety?

Now that being said, I don't honestly care about politics, I don't vote, and I don't have a party, I honestly don't care, what I do care about is countries screwing over people, causing wars when none are needed.

Like how the UK wants to ban civilian encryption, in the name of stopping terrorism, not only don't they understand how bad of an idea that is, it pretty much says bend over. (because terrorists will use the banned encryption anyway) resulting in normal people getting spied on. Remember kids, laws like this can be abused like for example the GCHQ spying on kimdotcom.

Even in Australia, we have some odd laws, which kind of screw us over, for example it's hard to transition over here (sex change) you can't carry knifes, etc.

(I should add, I'm not endorsing breaking the law, I'm just saying, that some laws serve the purpose of fucking us over, while others make sense.) and if enough people vote on anything, you could pass a make gravity illegal law.
    Last edited by LittleJess; 28-Oct-2016 at 03:49.

I was a kid during the Cold War and the Cuban missile crisis, and I was scared to death. My generation grew up with the constant threat of nuclear annihilation, and we were always uneasy. When I was 14, I bought my first boat and motor and I was convinced I wasn't going to live long enough to enjoy it.

As for Trump, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it because the polls say he's going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    I have yet to see any policy statements at all. At least Trump has said things even if they are Controversial.
    While I don't care to address the topic of the thread, I can answer this. Hilary's policy is outlined at https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/ Note that you'll get a donate popup visiting her site, just click skip or the H at the top left to bypass it and see the policy list.

Trump's website has a similar setup at https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/ although it lacks the little summary blurbs, so you have to click through to read each one.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    This is parallel universe stuff.

Clinton is a technocrat with detailed policy proposals on dozens of issues, vetted by serious policy experts. Her platform is unusually detailed and realistic for a presidential candidate. She gave a number of policy speeches over the campaign outlining some of the splashier ones, but they typically didn't get covered past one news cycle.

You can count Trump's policy proposals on your hands and not only are they hand-wavy and completely unrealistic, but he himself doesn't seem to know what's in them well enough to ever talk intelligently about them in interviews and debates. One apt criticism of Trump on policy is that he's like the kid who wrote his book report 30 minutes before class without reading the book.

This campaign has been light on policy because the Trump campaign (A) doesn't take it seriously and avoids engaging on the topic, (B) changes his position on important things on a whim, sometimes as quickly as in the same interview (C) basically just makes insane stuff up whenever he does try to answer a question about policy, as in the Commander-in-Chief Forum (D) throws out numerous other shiny objects on a daily basis which dominate news cycles.

The Clinton campaign would love for the campaign to be centered on policy - Clinton is an over-prepared policy wonk and it's a one-sided fight - but the dynamic that Trump creates is one where anyone who cares about policy is already in Clinton's base or is a Republican holding their nose. Moreover, you can't force much of a policy debate even in the 3 actual debates intended to be exactly that when one person isn't prepared to do more than talk about vague generalities in disconnected word salad, and is also swimming in a sea of serious controversies about sexual assault allegations and dozens of statements that would be potentially campaign-ending for other candidates. Clinton has policies but nobody covers them because Trump has made this election not about policy.

When everyone who cares seriously about policy whatsoever is already decided, all the remaining persuadable voters this year are persuadable on broad emotional appeals about whether the type of country we are. Ads aren't designed to make the best possible argument for a candidate; they're designed to convince as many persuadable voters as possible.
    Last edited by Fruitkitty; 28-Oct-2016 at 06:26.

Default No nukes, are good nukes, by Gary G'nuke...

Loving Fruitkitty's expressions (i.e. "word salad")... Why!? Why are we going on as though Trump has already won the POTUS position? And, has his hand over 'The button'?!

Anyway, vote for Clinton...
    At the very least, it will buy us more time...
    -Marka