Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Civic Duty

Default Civic Duty

How many of you have casted your vote yet? I took advantage of the nice weather
    and casted mine here today in the Texas early voting. Hope you all take part in it.

Washington is vote by mail. It took me two days of a lot of soul searching and I casted my ballot and sent it in as soon as possible.

Default I salute you! -sir-

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    and casted mine here today in the Texas early voting. Hope you all take part in it.
    My ballot, remains blank for the time being... I had said to someone before, that I'm ready to stick my head in the sand and ignore it all... Bill Maher may have me convinced to vote again now though... even if it may wind up being the wrong choice... it looks to me, that we may have the choice of turds or piles of shit...

For those who think otherwise... may I introduce you to the term pathologically optimistic (many of you know *or have observed enough of my posts* me well enough to know, I'm not what you would consider a pessimist.

Still, if you're to take the general rhetoric at some sort of face-value... we have a criminal and a psycho - (or would that be sociopath?) either way...

I have a notion, that we're going to get something different alright... An interesting argument perhaps, that the more conservatives, seeming to buck increasing acceptance of differentness yet, the platform for the pro-Trump seems to be that we'll finally get something different... oh-boy-howdy!

Hillary, will be something different too... (no, not a chick with a dick... well, I guess that depends on how you feel about Bill)... So, yeah - we got what appears a good-ol-boy in a pant's suit... and the opposition as the defacto of guano-loco (bat-shit-insane) ... they're both mob-bosses, in their own right...

Selfishly yet, oddly not alone...

...I look to my own personal interests - I'm disabled, on medicaid and ssi and, I've met quite a few really cool Mexicans...

I think that I will vote again... *big grin*

p.s. If things go too horribly wrong post-election... I may not get internet/wi-fi under the bridge... Remember ADISC friends, Marka loves you!

I approve this message -Marka

Voted last Thursday. Early voting place is about a mile from my office and I always take advantage of that. There was actually a bit of a line at 2 PM and that is surprising. I hope everyone who has evaluated the candidates takes the time to vote for all the contested items (positions and ballot measures) that they have spent some time researching.

My other hope is those who know nothing about the candidates and issues other than what they saw in TV ads they failed to skip over, skip voting and do not dilute the votes of those who spent the time on the election.

I went on the morning of the first day of early voting in my state. It felt great

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    I do it on election day. Early voting seems wrong somehow. Maybe I just like the ritual.

What would happen if you voted early, then the next day they discovered your candidate was a felon? Or an abuser of women? Ooops. Too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I do it on election day. Early voting seems wrong somehow. Maybe I just like the ritual.

What would happen if you voted early, then the next day they discovered your candidate was a felon? Or an abuser of women? Ooops. Too late.
    Washington does voting by mail but we have local drop boxes so I can save a stamp. I have my ballot but if tradition holds, I'll be waiting until the last day to drop it off. I think it's equal parts adherence to ritual and that nagging notion that I shouldn't decide while significant information still might be available (this counts for all the races, not just presidential).

In Delaware you vote on Election Day unless you have an absentee ballot. It's all electronic here. So I'll be doing my civic duty on Election Day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Across the pond I sit with this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	popcorn.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	27710 and wait for the result

I hope you choke on that popcorn,but I mean that in the best possible way .

I know when I go to pull the lever I am going to stifflng the urge to vomit and be holding my breath at the same time, wearing diapers in public should be legal on voting day,it would be a safe place to hurl without making a slip and slide mess for later voters.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk