Do your medical notes state you are incontinent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetshisbed

Incontinent and Enuretic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
How many of you are classed as medically incontinent? My medical notes clearly state I am incontinent and enuretic due to diabetic related neuropathology problems.

I spoke to my gp a about it once. She did a blood test to check for diabetes, and we talked about stress at work and some bladder exercises I could do. J don't know if it went on my record as medically incontinent though.

My record shows "uncontrollable urge to urinate", "frequent urination", "urine retention", and "symptoms involving the genitourinary system", according to an online lookup. So I while it doesn't explicitly say "incontinence", I would think the "uncontrollable" part of the first listed condition would mean just that.

My doctor has me listed as having urinary incontinence and she prescribes me extended-wear/overnight diapers. My insurance covers it and I wear 24/7. Sometimes it's a real hassle but I don't mind-I'm in the process now of hiring a care giver to assist me.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

Mine Does. 100 Percent Urinary Incontinence zero Diabetes thankfully . Also as above mine states Patient is not a candidate for elective or corrective surgery due to Acute Anesthesia reactions . Treatment is Absorbent products -Adult Diapers . I carry a card with my Doc's Emergency contact in case of emergency surgery.

no but that may change in time.

yes. urge incontinence.

Doctor's study progress notes:
Normal capacity, delayed sensation, no obstruction, urge urinary incontinence

And Specifically:
Electromyography studies diagnoses: urge incontinence
Cystomerograph diagnoses: urge incontinence
complex uroflowmetry diagnoses: urge incontinence

Not currently as my last doctors couldn't find the problem causing my urinary incontinence even though I went through countless tests and kept making appointments to see the urologist all of which cost me time and money as its not free on the NHS, I was prescribed by my doctors with verious medication that was supposed to stop the problem but it only made I worse than before and I was very allergic to the pills so I stopped taking them and returned to wearing diapers which I have now been doing for the last 6 years.

If I can get reassessed from a different doctor/physician then maybe I could finally find out what the cause I and maybe even have diapers prescribed by them for my needs which will be great because I am not going to have yo pay for them anymore as they are expensive.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888

Mine lists full urinary and fecal incontinence . I went through hard testing. No cause was pinpointed. I was prescribed diapers and I wear 24/7

My urologist diagnosed me with OAB and called my leaks "urge incontinence". So technically yes I've been diagnosed as having incontinence. I'm sure his file in his office says that. I doubt if I went to some hospital and they pulled up my records it would say anything about that. Maybe it would I don't know or care.

Notes? I have several doctors and urologist that literally have reams of it. I also know there is a medical journal or two out there that talks about my incontinence (no names on those of course).

Mine does. Having massive fissure pain that has caused me to wet the bed 3x, so on my notes it says "enuresis".

Yes, I have been diagnosed as incontinent and prescribed diapers by my doctor(s)...had 3 different primary doctors THIS YEAR!

I am listed as incontinent also...

It is noted by my own doctor that I am incontinent. Cerebral Palsy and other factors are part of my total urinary/fecal incontinence.

by the way, i AM incontinent

Yes it's on my notes about being incontinent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back