Let's play: How much is it worth? (the original TSM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhHeyThere

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey, so it's been quite a while since the truly original tena slip maxi has been out of production. I still have an unopened bag that I just haven't had the courage to open yet. I also don't know if I have the strength to part with it, but I wanted to know, how much is the bag worth??

I'm seeing many single diapers for sale on ebay, but no 24 pack (let alone case). I'm not trying to sell them, and this is certainly not an ad to get anyone to buy them from me, so don't ask :p

With that in mind, considering how much you, personally, love them, how much would you pay for a bag of the original TSM's (the one with the landing strip)? Provided money isn't an issue :p

Edit - some specs about the bag itself: It's a bag of mediums, 24 count, it's in mint condition on the outside, it's been kept in a closet for the better part of a year in the dark, in a not-too-humid, not-too-dry climate (if any of that matters :p)

Are they manufactured in the Netherlands?

I can't gripe enough how I used TSM from launch here in Australia when they replaced Softeze and were great, got pretty amazing and then went to complete cheaped out junk made in Asia.

10 or so years ago I did buy some in Europe that were made in Europe and performed fabulously and even have a few left as a "one that got away" type of story.

I recently tried to sell an unused, unopened bag of TSMs in size large, for the same cost I paid for them from XP (factoring eBay's cut as well). Got no bids, one watcher. I didn't relist them, because it's not worth it to sell them for less than I'd paid, and I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of sending out a 2-pack at a time. I think the shipping cost kills it, as they're not light, and a bulky package (it was like $35+ just for that).

So I'd guess the answer to how much they're worth is "not much", haha.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking would happen, PlotTwist :p ...in any case, my plans for using them is as a build up to when (*ahem*) one of the American diaper distributors start importing the Tena Active Slip (hint hint, wink wink)

I'd guess you'll need another year or so before people who really care start getting desperate. I've got at least four bags sitting around and although I liked them, they weren't my absolute favorite. I have a few friends who bought deep when they were going out and some went deeper than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back