Sometimes they leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifetime

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Last thread for the night then done for a day or two.

Anyone else have a problem with a diaper leaking that usually doesn't?

I was just wearing a DC Idyl and have never really had a leak before now. First small wetting I had I felt a drip down my leg and it's kinda disappointing considering they have never leaked before. It was probably my fault and didn't tape it tight enough though, can't blame the diaper.

Yes leaks sadly happen with any diaper and yes it's dissapointing.

I did read somewhere here if you fold your diaper down the middle before use it changes the channels from running across where the normal folds are to running long ways.... I have been trying it with the Deltas and I am convinced it has made them better at utilisation and reduced the leaks.

You might check for damage to the plastic, too. I've had tiny nicks in the plastic that allowed dribbles to escape.

Argent said:

I did read somewhere here if you fold your diaper down the middle before use it changes the channels from running across where the normal folds are to running long ways.... I have been trying it with the Deltas and I am convinced it has made them better at utilisation and reduced the leaks.

^ This. It also helps to separate the fibers that get compacted during shipping and storage. I've been wearing for years, and most of the leaks I've had were because the crotch area got pressed out of the channel shape for some reason. ( like from wearing tight jeans over them) I tend to wear my legs loose, and still don't have leaking problems when there is a proper channel.

Argent said:

It's good knowing that I'm not the only one with that problem as rare as it may be. As far as the folding the diaper down the middle, I will definitely give that a try next time.

You know the saying...

On any day, any team can beat any other team.

A diaper can be slightly damaged from either manufacturing or shipping.
You could have made a slight error in taping or maybe there was a splinter that cause a hole in the diaper.
Maybe you gained/lost a pound of fat/muscle in the wrong spot.
Maybe you flooded just a little too much.

And on and on...

Hopefully it is a onetime thing that you don't have to worry about.

the leak guards are a contention with me. They are supposed to keep the pee on the inside of the pad. But it is possible to pee over the top of the leak guard. And that is when it winds up on the floor. I always know when that is going to happen and it is such a let down. If diaper makers read these things, what I would like to see is a shaped pad that instead of leak guards had a thick raised band that ran all the way around the diaper including the top. it would create a boundary of sorts. I don't think you can do that with today's technology. But that should be the next new approach.

Leaks happen to the best of us at times. Why? well there are so many reasons but I just deal with them and get on with life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back