Questions about onesies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifetime

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was wondering if spending the money on a onesie would be worth it. I just want to try and keep my diaper from sagging to much when wet and I'm hoping that wearing one would help the diaper hold a bit more before it starts to get wet around the leggings.

Anyone that wears one would you recommend it for those reasons?

Yes.

Given your description, I think you will like a onesie.

So my next question would have to be about size. I'm 5'10" 140 lbs. slim. I usually wear a size 32 waist for pants. Anyone close to that size have any recommendation for size and brand?

Id recommend ABUs white onesies. You can return them if they don't fit. Then swap it for the color you want

babybobby said:
Id recommend ABUs white onesies. You can return them if they don't fit. Then swap it for the color you want

I want to but every time I've checked they are out of the small size that looks like it might fit. Hopefully they restock soon.

Lifetime said:
So my next question would have to be about size. I'm 5'10" 140 lbs. slim. I usually wear a size 32 waist for pants. Anyone close to that size have any recommendation for size and brand?

The fitting on a onesie is not so much on the waist size although that is important.
The main factor is measuring the distance from over one shoulder down through
the crotch and then back up to shoulder starting point allowing some room for the
male package and the (type) of diapers worn - otherwise it fits like a leotard.
Add the snap crotch poppers and crotch width desired.
Now figure if you want a pull over design or zippered back/front opening.
With these measurements and allowances most any seamstress can go to work to
fabricate a onesie - selecting the color and the fabric; some stretchiness is best if
you don't want to be wearing a sort of canvas straight jacket.

An alternative to this is get a large enough leotard and wear this sans the
snap crotch poppers making this a step through the neck line and pull-up
arrangement. There are turtle-neck leotards with zipper closings that might
be considered also. A strange arrangement can also be made for wearing a
body suit (zentai suit ?).

There are alternatives and some of these are less expensive than buying a
custom onesie.

Lifetime said:
I was wondering if spending the money on a onesie would be worth it. I just want to try and keep my diaper from sagging to much when wet and I'm hoping that wearing one would help the diaper hold a bit more before it starts to get wet around the leggings.

Anyone that wears one would you recommend it for those reasons?

Weirdly enough, I had ordered yet another one from xp medical some time ago, and forgotten about it. It had sat inside a case of ID Slip until yesterday when I was rearranging my diaper storage and remembered I should have one and it was probably in one of the cases I'd ordered from them. Sizing can be a pain. I ordered L, then XL, and THIS time I ordered XXL. All to get a "bodysuit" that was long enough to accomodate my height plus a diaper. I'm not that tall anymore, maybe 6'. But I got it out and tried it on... this one actually fits and works well to hold up my diaper. The leg openings are high rise on the outside hips though so a lot of my diaper is exposed in the front and back at the bottom, I wasn't really expecting that but it's ok.

I also ordered a "diapersuit" recently, we'll see how that goes. Oh, they're also useful to wear under clothes like a tshirt, it's absolute protection against discovery in case your shirt comes untucked. Not practical during the summer here due to the heat, but I may try it now that we're moving into winter.

One thing to keep in mind with onesies is that they are almost made of very stretchy material. I have made the mistake before of ordering what I thought was my size, when in reality I could have gotten away with a size or two smaller. A lot of onesie are cotton and can shrink up a bit but the whole idea is too have a very snug fit or it's not doing its job. I agree that you should wait until ABU restocks the size you want, as they are one of the few places that will let you return it if you decide if doesn't fit right.

Babykins onsies are very good also.

LittleICme said:
Babykins onsies are very good also.

Yep they are great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wear full time for bowel and bladder loss and I can't tell you how important a onesie is. Its even good asleep to hold one's diaper near the body.

Lifetime said:

I am an inch shorter and about 10 lbs heavier and I would definitely recommend one from onesiesdownunder. I wear a large and they fit me perfectly. There's are very stretchy and help keep your diaper from sagging. They also have some plain colors for if you are wearing them in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back