DL vs AB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might be that you basically select traits from both categories and whichever one you have more of, you can sort of identify as that.

Diapers are the most important part of my kink to me. I couldn't go without (literally - I've developed major wetting issues). I'm not too fussed about what kinds of diapers I wear - in a lot of cases, an overly obtrusive print is a negative for me. There is a sexual element to being diapered for me. As far as I know those are DL traits.

However - I own several onesies and a pair of pink pyjamas that snap from the neck through the leg. I wear plastic pants, and often cloth diapers. I enjoy the fact that I wet the bed. My pacifier travels everywhere with me because it's become a major comfort item for me. I often have to stop myself sucking my thumb.

I consider myself a DL, but many people might consider me an AB.

Kaliborio said:
I think it might be that you basically select traits from both categories and whichever one you have more of, you can sort of identify as that.

Diapers are the most important part of my kink to me. I couldn't go without (literally - I've developed major wetting issues). I'm not too fussed about what kinds of diapers I wear - in a lot of cases, an overly obtrusive print is a negative for me. There is a sexual element to being diapered for me. As far as I know those are DL traits.

However - I own several onesies and a pair of pink pyjamas that snap from the neck through the leg. I wear plastic pants, and often cloth diapers. I enjoy the fact that I wet the bed. My pacifier travels everywhere with me because it's become a major comfort item for me. I often have to stop myself sucking my thumb.

I consider myself a DL, but many people might consider me an AB.

On the face of it, it seems like you've got some AB stuff going with your DL. However, I think what really tells the tale is what do these things mean to you? If your favorite diaper is a sissy diaper, you might be a sissy or it might just be the one that fits or otherwise performs best and the print is irrelevant. A onesie might be good because it keeps your diaper snug and keeps your shirt from riding up or it might make you feel more like a baby or all of the above.

I enjoy diapers because of what they are and because of what they mean. I like pacifiers more because of how they feel than because of what they mean, although that's in there too. I keep myself clean-shaven because it feels better to me and makes clean-up easier. I'm not fooling myself that I'm passing as a baby due to that but although I think body hair and diapers can be neat, I find hairlessness wins overall.

Short answer is: it varies.

Jamieboy said:
Can't picture an AB in my position, as an over-the-road truckdriver, responsible for moving 60,000-80,000 lbs of stuff down the freeways at speed. Not that an AB couldn't do it, they just wouldn't be living it the way I do, as a DL. I hide my wearing from all, and can live out my life & job, with no interference from the diaper wearing.do.

No "Honk If You Love Diapers" bumper sticker on your tailgate, eh? ;-)

I'm a DL, too. The AB thing just isn't MY thing. I wear for pure enjoyment!

Im very much DL at the moment these 2 weeks of coming out DL have been amazing. But im very happy to try the AB side of things if I feel I have a AB side

I hate AB's. I know that's a blanket statement and not all AB's will fit into what triggers that severe revulsion, but that's the way I feel. It's the "baby talk". I cannot STAND "baby talk". I hate, loathe, and abhor it. I hate hearing it, and I hate reading it when some people "regress". I hate hearing it in public when parents use it with their children. It just really annoys the daylights out of me. I see no need to talk like that to babies; how does that assist them in understanding spoken communication? I found out a few years ago that my folks aren't the biggest fans of "baby talk" and never spoke to me that way as a child. They always used their regular intonation when talking to me as a child. Maybe that has some bearing on my feelings towards it?

I would most definitely identify as a DL. To be honest, I have a strong affinity towards simple things that perform their given tasks. I never had access to diapers while growing up with enuresis into my late teens. I didn't discover them until a few months after my last accident. When I did find out about them I was fascinated by them. Such a seemingly simple object that solves a delicate and complicated problem. What a wonderful thing, a solution. As time progressed I found my self with increasing loss of control in my late twenties due to several factors. It was nice to finally have the solution to the problem.

Trevor said:
I enjoy diapers because of what they are and because of what they mean. I like pacifiers more because of how they feel than because of what they mean, although that's in there too. I keep myself clean-shaven because it feels better to me and makes clean-up easier. I'm not fooling myself that I'm passing as a baby due to that but although I think body hair and diapers can be neat, I find hairlessness wins overall.
Specific emphasis on the bolded sentence. This is kind of a rant-to-self but I feel it needs to go up.

I don't know if I frame it to myself in such a way that passing would be an applicable concept. I don't feel like an adult achieving escapism in pretend babyhood. I feel like an infant who happens to have developed in a lot of ways but is still essentially an infant.

Being diapered all the time, or wearing a onesie, or using a paci, etc., don't feel like play-acting the behaviours of a child. They feel as natural as anything else I do. I just occasionally have to make the effort to stop doing them so as to temporarily impersonate an adult. When I was going 24/7 I never felt that I was increasing the load on myself - it actually got easier as I increased the amount of time I spent in diapers because it felt like a return to long-lost normality.

I guess that's where I'm at. I'm not passing, or at least I tell myself I'm not - at some core level I "am" an infant. Relevant to the discussion we're having I shave down there not to feel more like a baby, but to remove an unexpected inconvenience and return to normal.

I don't feel my adult behaviours are inorganic to me though. Some kids who are called babies can walk, some can talk. I can work a job and play music, but that doesn't mean the 'baby' flag on my identity has been unset.

I do enjoy onesies and don't mind baby print on my diapers, but I really don't like the general idea of regressing. I can relax, but I can't switch of my brain or force myself into badly colouring a picture while enjoying it. Which is kind of the main thing I associate with AB-ism. If it's just about the limited movement options it's more like bondage, and it still doesn't interest me.

Llayden said:
I hate AB's. I know that's a blanket statement and not all AB's will fit into what triggers that severe revulsion, but that's the way I feel. It's the "baby talk". I cannot STAND "baby talk". I hate, loathe, and abhor it. I hate hearing it, and I hate reading it when some people "regress". I hate hearing it in public when parents use it with their children. It just really annoys the daylights out of me. I see no need to talk like that to babies; how does that assist them in understanding spoken communication? I found out a few years ago that my folks aren't the biggest fans of "baby talk" and never spoke to me that way as a child. They always used their regular intonation when talking to me as a child. Maybe that has some bearing on my feelings towards it?

I would most definitely identify as a DL. To be honest, I have a strong affinity towards simple things that perform their given tasks. I never had access to diapers while growing up with enuresis into my late teens. I didn't discover them until a few months after my last accident. When I did find out about them I was fascinated by them. Such a seemingly simple object that solves a delicate and complicated problem. What a wonderful thing, a solution. As time progressed I found my self with increasing loss of control in my late twenties due to several factors. It was nice to finally have the solution to the problem.

You know, plenty of ABs don't like baby-talk either, or at least understand how annoying it is for non-ABs. Hating at least 50% of the ABDL community over baby-talk is a bit extreme.

(For what it's worth, there's also a rule against it on ADISC, precisely because most people find it annoying.)

Yeah, the mindset is probably the best gauge. Everything else is a garnishment until you discover which set of letters you lean towards.

But maybe there really isn't a set definition for any of it, whether a psychologist's definition or your own.

I've wondered this question myself and found that the things that make me happy and that make me feel good could come from both sides. But that doesn't make me DL or AB.

It's an individual and personal choice as to what the definition is, I would offer up.

Skimmed about the majority of this thread, and can say yes, that there is a very fine difference between DL and AB. And it's mostly a mindset thing.

Me, I like the idea of being a little kid again. I roleplay as a little kid in various areas of the nets, and almost all of them wear diapers in some fashion or another. By definition, I'd probably say I'm DL/Little, but I've never had any real experiences in the Little lifestyle, and never honestly felt comfortable pretending IRL that I'm a diaper wearing 4-8 year old by myself. The current character I have at the moment, is 5 and still in diapers.

Though, I stand mostly on the side of DL, and eventually do want to experiment with finding my little-space IRL. Though I don't want to be a baby, I largely like being independent, but still wish I could just cuddle with a warm body, and be a kid again.

I am just simply a DL. Just loves to wear diaper. I prefer the diaper to be white shell and not so infantile. I admit I did get the SDK diaper because I wanted to try out the single tab wings. So far, I am getting better at putting them on and using it without leaking. Usually, I put them on backward so I can get the rear part soaked and then turn them around. The SDK makes it very easy to un-tape and re-taping them without tearing the shell.

Sometimes, I would print out banners of super heroes, Star Wars logos, and tape them to the front of my diaper to make it like the regular underwear with prints on it. I HATE TIGHTY WHITEY!!! When not in diapers, I wear colored sports boxer briefs.

As for the AB part, I do not play or act like a baby. The AB clothes turns me off so I have no interest in them.

Yeah, the majority of the AB stuff turns me off, too. Though, I think I'd like to try wearing a onsie once, just to see how it feels. But all and all, I identify the most with being a DL, who likes roleplaying/writing about kid characters.

I have preferred the label DL because AB is a little scarier and over the top. These are only labels. Based on the fact that I really like the cuteness of many baby things including plastic pants, training pants with little kid prints and baby powder including its baby smell, I guess I ought to surrender to the AB label. I haven't purchased any onesies or footed sleepers but would like to. When I was an adolescent and teen just getting into the baby thing, I did have a shoebox under my bed with a pacifier, baby bottle and bib and loved to use these things. On the other side, diapers, training pants and plastic pants have been at the center of my fantasies and my limited acting out so that makes me think I am more DL.

There was a time when I tested the waters of public display by sitting in a baby stroller that was left outside when I was 12 years old. I got caught and quickly retreated into a private baby life. I also remember a time when I climbed into a crib at a friend's weekend house when I was in my early 20s. I have never discussed my habits with anyone other than my wife and that has been very limited. She seems afraid to talk about it. I think opening up about our habits is more valuable than the labels AB or DL. I am new to this website, but it is a tremendous emotional release for me. Thank you all.

I started out as a DL, but now I'm slowly making my way to a full-on AB.

Bang on DL for me, even better if combined with bondage. No attraction to baby prints whatsoever, plastic pants have to be transparent or white, no other colours.

I do plan to get a onesie (in plain colour), the real reason is so I can wear a nappy during the day, and not worry about bending over and being 'outed' as my shirt lifts to friends and family.

No dummy/pacifier, no bottle, or anything else AB related.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back