So hype for Magnifico!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhHeyThere

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I'm getting really excited for when Bambino releases the Magnifico. I finally broke out the last prototype I had today just to see what I'm waiting for, and so far I am really impressed! It feels like a giant goodnite that you can refasten as much as you want!

As I am not one to do the dark deed in my diapers, it's really great for restroom breaks. Sure, some adhesive tapes can refasten, but never as good as it was the first time. The Magnifico doesn't have this problem. In addition to this, it's super absorbent (like ABU Space-like absorbency), super comfy, and feels rather baby-sit without being uber-ridiculously printed.

It'll probably be the first diapers I've bought since February. And aside from if the Tena Active fit maxi becomes available in the US (for a reasonable price), I don't think I have, or ever will be, this hyped for a diaper, including Space's debut last year around this time.

Are any of you as hyped as I am?!

Is this the hybrid diaper they were talking about a few months back?

Yeah, supposedly it's getting released sometime soon... The latest estimate is early November.

OMG no way I love cloth backs. These are going to be so fun! The hype is real.

PaddedinWI said:
OMG no way I love cloth backs. These are going to be so fun! The hype is real.

It's plastic (poly) backed. The "hybrid" part is the tabs are velcro-like, and there's a velcro "taping panel" they attach to.

Welp, I preordered my case today. I'm so excited to get these! They apparently improved on the prototype design, such as more length to the front wings.

Also, props to Bambino for adding a discreet option, where they ship the package directly to a FedEx store to pick up rather than having it delivered to your front door. That bumped my purchase from a bag to a case (cus in my mind, a larger box means a bigger chance for curiosity :p).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, prices are 36.50 for a bag of 10 (3.65/unit),and 128 for a case of 40 (3.20/unit).

the pricing is pretty high IMHO and given I live in California where they are based I get sales taxed on any order from them. So it would be at least 135 for a case. ABU Little pawz are currently 155.99 a case but it comes with twice as many and something like 650 miles of shipping.

Yea i was hype'd too and waiting for them. but 3.20$ a diaper even for a case. Look ive got some free spend money but i'd like to get my moneys worth. Im sadly going to have to wait this one out till they ( hopefully ) drop the price. For now ABU will still get all of my money for diapers. :/

I think the preschools have a clear edge on the magnifico for design and cost. Probably higher capacity tho, but that price is high for what you get.

On thing to remember though is that Bambino includes free shipping in the price.

I wouldn't mind trying these, but sample packs aren't part of the pre-sale... And getting a package that looks nothing like ''comic books'' past my parents could be tricky.

Yea but so does ABU and their prices are much more reasonable imo. Dont get me wrong its a unique diaper i would love to try but that price is a bit too steep even with shipping.

These look so cute I loved the look! I bought a case of 10 can't wait

KimbaStarshine said:
On thing to remember though is that Bambino includes free shipping in the price.

I always consider that in the price. Whenever I'm comparing prices, I take the price of a full case, plus shipping if any, and divide that total by the number of diapers in a case to get my final price, delivered, per diaper.

I can understand why some companies don't include "free shipping" with their prices, because they ship to different places with different rates. But companies that are only ever going to charge one amount for shipping ought to include it in the cost to make it easier to compare. If they're not doing that, it automatically makes me a little suspicious that they're trying to hide a higher final price from me.

I'm a little disappointed in bambinodiapers for having marked up their safari so much, it makes it almost exactly the same price as buying direct from Rearz up in Canada. Maybe they just weren't able to negotiate a deal with Rearz and are having to buy them at retail price and ship them south in bulk?

Honestly, it's a little steep for a diaper. 130 bucks is a lot to drop on them, and Bambino's may see that when their product doesn't sell. My justification is that I haven't bought any diapers at all since that BOGO free deal for Abenas.

I think the market they're trying to tap into are diaper enthusiasts who don't mind paying a huge load of money for the most premium thing out there, and that's kinda where I am (minus the money :p). It's like comparing value to quality. While I can't justify continuing to buy these, it's great to feel luxurious, if only for a little while.

I'm curious, though, do the ABU preschools have elastic rear wings, like the Magnificos do?

The design is SO ADORABLE!!!! :3
But, they are 50 more dollars than the teddies, which are my go-to.
I can't really justify dropping that much more money on a case of 40 when I could get my usual case of 48 teddies for ~80. Maybe one day I'll order a smaller pack of them just to try.

I was for free shipping from Bambino and ABU, but not anymore. It's obviously not really free. They just hide the cost of shipping into the price. But when you go to a company that doesn't do free shipping, you find out that the more cases you pick up, the cheaper per-case shipping becomes. The "free shipping" companies don't pass multi-case shipping savings onto you.

What I don't like is the way the not free shipping companies hide the shipping price on you until you're in the final page of checkout. What I want to see is a company that's upfront and honest right from the start about the total cost including what part of it is shipping fees and what the total per diaper cost is. If it needs a ZIP code to do it, that's fine too.

I'm a bit surprised at how many people say the price is too high... Look at the DC Amor/Idyl. On Amazon a pack of 12 large Idyls is $34.99 plus $18.74 shipping. (And why is the same thing $43.19 on their website?) You may get too fewer diapers, but the Magnificos are over $15 cheaper than the Idyls.

The Fabines are $1.30/diaper shipped with the sale price. Tykables are $1.52/diaper. And the LittlePawz are $1.95/diaper. All of those are all-over prints and will last longer than you can wear it (due to odor) before leaking. I don't have a Magnifico to compare to, but I would be surprised if it were thicker than the LittlePawz.

DC Amor, Cuddlz, Rearz cost more because they are doubly imported, so you're paying for three shipping events, two international, and for two vendor markups. So that's not too surprising.

I think bambino is going to price themselves out of the market. They have to realize they're no longer the only good ABDL diaper game in town. They shouldn't have sat on their laurels for so long while the niche was growing and challenging new competitors were stepping into the market. Compare rearz or abu with bambino, either of them have released more than double the variety that bambino has ever carried, in the much shorter time that they've been around. You can't go a year or two between new releases when your competitors are doubling or tripling that.

I got a delivery date as next Wed of I'm so ready new diapees new diapees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back