Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: using smaller nappies to increase capacity

Default using smaller nappies to increase capacity

Has anyone tried this? I've been experimenting using pampers and it seems to work really well, but i read on one web site that it wasnt a good idea and made the overall nappy worse at doing its job.

I tried doing that a few years ago and it resulted in leakage and I don't think I will try that again altogether having said that I am yet to try Huggies xxl as a filler/diaper doubler but unfortunately they aren't available in Europe due to a permnant recall of their products if I end up buying some whilst I am on vacation in Asia I will of cause review them for you but until then I will have to make do with what I have at this time.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888

I do that, and it helps a lot. Haven't had any leaks yet.
    I use a pinholed size 7 dollar store brand baby diaper inside of a cheap-o pull up attends

I have used very cheap booster pads in thr past, but they were very soggy and uncomfortable. It may be my shape or something but noyhing seems to work better than a regular adult diaper with a good capacity rating worn not too tight. Earlier on when I was coping with leakage rather than a sudden flood it made sense to use less total protection and for a while I used pads that just sat in my underwear and at night just a kids diaper, cotton briefs and plastic pants.

Quote Originally Posted by nappiesatnight View Post
    Has anyone tried this? I've been experimenting using pampers and it seems to work really well, but i read on one web site that it wasnt a good idea and made the overall nappy worse at doing its job.
    I have. But you have to make some cuts to let the urine flow thru into the outer diaper. I find the Goodnites Tru-fit inserts works much better than a baby diaper. No need to modify the Tru-fit.

Quote Originally Posted by nappiesatnight View Post
    Don't waste money on pampers use the cheaper Aldi 6+ they are so much better. :-)

I use Walmart's Parents Choice brand size 6, night time version. They soak really fast and hold as much as any night time baby diaper, I've tried all available brand. I cut the middle of the outer protective covering out to allow soak thru and it works really great. On weekends I do 2 like this for soakers inside my adult diaper. I wear plastic pants over the diaper.

I prefer to use incontinence pads, as these let me increase my absorbency without adding a waddle or the "surgical procedure" double diapering involves.