Status
Not open for further replies.

PaciPrincesss

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi everyone! I know I don't post on here very often but, I need some advice or maybe someone who's had a similar experience. I've been having some issues with pacifiers for a few years now, I used to use the nuk 3 (18-36 months) a few years back. I have those up because I could tell they were starting to shift my teeth. Well I bought an adult pacifier a few weeks ago (nuk 5) because I've been told that it wouldn't affect my teeth at all because it was bigger, now it's starting to feel like my teeth are shifting with this one too! I was just wondering if maybe it's the shape of the nuk Teats, and if so, are there any adult pacifiers out there with a different shaped teat? I'm just kind of frustrated because I love using my paci bc it's relaxing and I feel super little when I do so but I'm not willing so sacrifice my decently straight teeth for a pacifier.

Are the one's you are getting orthodonic type?

Also, your teeth are probably going to naturally shift a little bit because unless your not using your teeth, your mouth is remaining open, (At night for example) and may cause a few issues, or naturally try to push it out with your toungue. What is the actual type you are using the round shape nipples or the ones with the slight angle? (Orthodonic)

Yeah I'm using the orthodontic ones.

Hmm... I wonder why they are causing problems. Especially the fact that you got the orthodonic adult size..... You may want to get a dentist checkup and get some measurements or something. This is the first time I heard of adult orthodonics to do this... :(

Are you suckling too forcefully and/or for too long?
Too much of this will start shifting your teeth whether it's an orthodontic nipple or not because it has a similar, albeit much weaker, effect to braces constantly exerting forces on your teeth. Your adult teeth are much stronger than baby teeth, but they're by no means immune.

Always practice moderation, and monitor teeth positioning. I do this by taking pictures of my teeth in multiple angles. So far I haven't noticed any shifting, but I only use my paci sporadically in intervals of about 1-3 hours at a time once every couple of days.

Sheepies said:
Are you suckling too forcefully and/or for too long?
Too much of this will start shifting your teeth whether it's an orthodontic nipple or not because it has a similar, albeit much weaker, effect to braces constantly exerting forces on your teeth. Your adult teeth are much stronger than baby teeth, but they're by no means immune.

Always practice moderation, and monitor teeth positioning. I do this by taking pictures of my teeth in multiple angles. So far I haven't noticed any shifting, but I only use my paci sporadically in intervals of about 1-3 hours at a time once every couple of days.

Yeah that's the thing, I don't use it very often at all, if anything I'm only using it for like an hour every couple of weeks if that! As for sucking it, I don't feel like I'm sucking too hard but maybe I am idk.

Just curious and because I want to tell if it can happen to me, how do you know that your teeth are shifting?

And btw, it's really strange that it is with just an hour or two per week.

Zendot said:
Just curious and because I want to tell if it can happen to me, how do you know that your teeth are shifting?

And btw, it's really strange that it is with just an hour or two per week.

There's a gap between one of my front teeth and the tooth next to it, I can tell it moved bc it definitely feels different if that makes sense.

PokemonPrincesss said:
There's a gap between one of my front teeth and the tooth next to it, I can tell it moved bc it definitely feels different if that makes sense.

That is very strange considering you only use a paci that sparingly. Think there might be another cause? It could even just be paranoia.
Before I started taking pictures to keep track of shifting, I could have sworn my teeth shifted within a couple days, but with picture evidence and a couple weeks, I couldn't notice a difference at all.

Sheepies said:
That is very strange considering you only use a paci that sparingly. Think there might be another cause? It could even just be paranoia.
Before I started taking pictures to keep track of shifting, I could have sworn my teeth shifted within a couple days, but with picture evidence and a couple weeks, I couldn't notice a difference at all.

You're probably right honestly, I tend to get paranoid about things a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back