Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica Fans?

Default Battlestar Galactica Fans?

Ok, if there are any of you out there...and you happened to catch the big finale last night... What the frack was Starbuck? Was she a ghost? Who's got a good theory on this?

-Gus

I'll get back to you on that once I start watching the show.. I only watched the first two DVD's since I only rented them. However it seemed like a great show and I am glad they never dragged it out like lost in space.

She was actually an angel(well at least the series interpretation.) Who had died before her role was filled and been brought back. That was the implication of her vanishing, she was just like the head gaius and head six but the whole crew could see her.

I thought the ending was ok, but a lot of people are super pissed that it ended on a "there is a god, well a thing we call god". I had a bunch of nerd friends hating on it because it implied that there was a higher power and that it was so deus ex machina to have it be "god saves the day" which is funny because this ending was the least deus ex machina ending possible. There really were two options, there was a god which had been talked about and debated the entire series, or there was some shadow group orchestrating this elaborate thing that never had been mentioned or seen that was going to appear just in the last episode.

The original series was biblical and god oriented too so it shouldn't that surprising, but nerds hate when some god get put into their sci fi.

Quote Originally Posted by frillyfoxy View Post
    She was actually an angel(well at least the series interpretation.) Who had died before her role was filled and been brought back. That was the implication of her vanishing, she was just like the head gaius and head six but the whole crew could see her.

That's what I thought but I definately wanted to hear a second opinion! Thanks. Yes I thought it was a very well done ending, my only problem with it was this: "How do you convince aprox 39,000 people who have just spent 6 years or more traveling accross the galexy in tight quarters to just agree to scatter themselves accross an unknown world, and give up all the modern technology of their massive space crafts?" I mean after all they'd been through, you think they'd want to start building some new defense systems or what have you...just in case.

Other than that. I tought it was great, and I for one will miss this series.

-Gus

It seems weird until you consider what they really had. The most advanced thing I saw civilians with were the radios towards the end. They showed a bar a few times, but from the rest of the series it is implied things like that at pretty much for the crem dela crem and the ones running it. Out of all of the people left most of them were living in squalid conditions with some food handouts barely surviving in a ship.

So it isn't that surprising that they would agree. In the end they are no worse off than they were on the ships, and in most cases they would end up being better off. Most of them would have just wanted some space and the security of knowing they wouldn't die in space, either stranded and starving or shot. Even the Cylons, with all their advanced stuff, didn't really seem to have much outside of necessities.

Quote Originally Posted by frillyfoxy View Post
    Even the Cylons, with all their advanced stuff, didn't really seem to have much outside of necessities.
    That's a very good point...no matter how you slice it, space travel is rough.

-Gus

Even though I missed several of the episodes along the way, I still enjoyed the show immensely. I always thought of Starbuck as a real person up until they showed her dead though, then I kept thinking that she must be a Cylon, but they never said she was or wasn't, they just kinda left that up to your imagination. About the only conclusion I could draw from that was that she was indeed an angel that all of them could see.

I also thought the ending was worked out perfectly. I certainly didn't expect it to turn out like that though, but after thinking about it, that's about the only way the could do it if they were going to tie Earth's/man's history into it.

I hate to see it end too. I really looked forward to that every week. I guess they are going to spin off another series from it with the Caprica bit, and I hope that goes as well as this one did.

They are also apparently doing a miniseries or something showing the attack on earth and some other stuff from the view of the cylons which should be fun.

I watched almost every episode of Battlestar Galactica when I was a teenager in the late '70's.

Tried to watch some of the new series, but just couldn't get into it.

It's funny how a remake just doesn't seem as good as the original, even though technology has advanced so much, that the remake is far more realistic.

I just sat down and watched it again on my DVR and after the 2nd time through I now believe that this was the best series finale I've ever seen. I really am going to miss this show.

-Gus