Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Coddling?

  1. #1

    Smile Coddling?

    I thought I might post this up, and wondered your point of views on coddling. To those who don't know what this is:

    CODDLE: To treat in an indulgent or overprotective way:
    "I was coddled and cosseted"
    I honestly find this absolutely adorable, but I find myself still embarassed. For example, I was at my favorite restraunt since I was little, (The exact one by the way) and there was a lady there who actually used to serve me and my brother, who CLEARLY remembers us. She walks over to the table and she kept using "cute talk" calling me sweetie, and even at one point "daww-ing" She kept talking to me kind of like I was a baby, (But not mentioning so) and I found it hard to keep my composure. I actually struggled with all my energy not to enter my little side, and at the end, we even got 2 oatmeal cookies! It was an epic experience, but I had a strong feeling that I was blushing way more than I wanted too. I love it when others baby talk me, especially softly or in a whisper, it just makes all the pain or concerns go away. That sense of overprotectiveness that you dont get anymore and your expected to fend for yourself now.

    However, I do not hear to much about this in the adult baby community (The soft sleepy talks, the petting of the forhead, hushing, tenderly holding close, rocking, that sort of thing.) I never got such a experience like that but I always tried to simulate it. What's your POV?

  2. #2

    Default


    I love it. Being held is the best.
    It is usually kept for the ones in a relationship.
    But I think most of us Little ones enjoy being cuddled. As it gives us a sense of security.

    As for soft talk OK being spoken to as a toddler I also love this as well. Especially if I was being spoken to in the third person. Ie "did we enjoy...." we are a good boy art we."

    I would be in little head space.

    Well that what i think.

  3. #3

    Default

    If it was from a caregiver, or course, I'd be down!

    Now, if it was from an unsuspecting person, someone I didn't really know and who didn't know about my ab side... kind of like the woman in your account... I'm not sure if I'd be embarrassed or enjoy it. Maybe both, but if I was with someone else, maybe more embarrassed, depending on how thick he/she was laying it on. I was sick at the emergency room back in the summer, and the nurse gave me a Cinderella bandage after a shot of medicine (in the top of my butt, I may add...) and also commented that she liked ''that one'' when she saw I had PAW Patrol on the TV...

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    The nurse gave me a Cinderella bandage after a shot of medicine (in the top of my butt, I may add...) and also commented that she liked ''that one'' when she saw I had PAW Patrol on the TV...
    @KimbaStarshine I actually went to the hospital back in may for 5 days and was watching disney JR. (Back in the 90s this was Playhouse Disney) It was enough little comfort that helped me relax a little bit. You are correct though. If it was from a caregiver I would be more comfortable then a random person, but this lady knew me and took my orders for years and years. She doesnt know about my A.B side, but I would rather have coddling from a special someone instead. It would be a lot more enjoyable.

    I hope you got better. *Hugs*

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonBabypup View Post
    @KimbaStarshine I actually went to the hospital back in may for 5 days and was watching disney JR. (Back in the 90s this was Playhouse Disney) It was enough little comfort that helped me relax a little bit. You are correct though. If it was from a caregiver I would be more comfortable then a random person, but this lady knew me and took my orders for years and years. She doesnt know about my A.B side, but I would rather have coddling from a special someone instead. It would be a lot more enjoyable.

    I hope you got better. *Hugs*
    Oh yes, I just had a bad sore throat, and when I have them that bad I go the hospital for a shot of pain meds.

  6. #6

    Default

    I never had that mom was not tuchie feely person .
    But to get that feeling I did not have.
    I lisson to ASMR on youtube .
    There are bed time stories and getting ready for bed and taken care of sick child .
    Stuff like that it helps when your alone no person that cuddles you.
    My gf dosent baby me at all

  7. #7

    Default

    Depends on the person being protective and coddling, as shallow as it seems, if its someone I'm attracted to I love it and it makes me feel safe, if its someone I am not attracted to it will make me very very uncomfortable and I will probably get angry and lose my temper at them as a result of feeling uncomfortable. If a woman or man I don't think is attractive does it I will do the latter and get angry, if a man that I am physically attracted to does it I will feel happy and safe.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBelle View Post
    Depends on the person being protective and coddling, as shallow as it seems, if its someone I'm attracted to I love it and it makes me feel safe, if its someone I am not attracted to it will make me very very uncomfortable and I will probably get angry and lose my temper at them as a result of feeling uncomfortable. If a woman or man I don't think is attractive does it I will do the latter and get angry, if a man that I am physically attracted to does it I will feel happy and safe.
    I agree. But being to the fact that I am so touchy on who I trust and do not trust (And since I dont really follow who is attractive and who is not rule, and base on trust only, ) then this may be difficult for me. It takes A LOT for me to trust someone to fully baby me though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.