Diaper fetish and accepting - thinking I will become unsuccessful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helpplease

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello everyone, please help me.

Due to my diaper fetish I have, I think that I will not be able to raise a family with kids and everything. I think this because I think that my wife will then not accept me. Another great issue is that I'm worrying about not getting a good job and being unsuccessful with a bad job, because of my fetish. Please help me guys,

Thanks so much

Being an ABDL is not a barrier to any of the things you describe. It can complicate things such as relationships but we have plenty of members with successful long term relationships with partners running the gamut from happily accepting and engaged to uninvolved and unknowing. I favor the former over the latter but people have to work out their own solutions. Professional success is the same. I don't think you can make any reasonable sweeping generalizations about how ABDLs live their lives.

Try to think of this as just another part of yourself. It will have positive and negative impacts on your life. If you are aware of it and how it influences you, you should be able to minimize the negatives and maximize the enjoyment.

I have been into diapers my whole life and I have pretty good job paying $80k. I also have a wife and three kids, although I didn't tell her about it until year 11 of marriage. It didn't go over well at all and she actually almost left me, but it's better now. I get to wear in my own private time. My suggestion is that you find a partner that you see things getting serious with, tell them about it. Or better yet, you can specifically look for somebody who is into it. It's a little tougher to find that, but it's possible. There are ABDL dating websites out there. Just don't let your diapers overtake your life and you will be fine.

PaddedInPuyallup said:
Just don't let your diapers overtake your life and you will be fine.

THIS! As with everything in life, it's about balance. A "fetish" is typically only deemed harmful if it is severely impacting your own (or others) lives in a negative fashion. Feel ok to splurge from time to time, but (ironically given the context) be an adult about it and do it within reason so as to not impact the other facets of your life.

Definitely a balance is important. I've been married for 12 years, have 4 kids, earned a doctorate and got a good job, and through all that diapers have had their place on the sidelines. I told my wife about it soon before we were married, and it hasn't seemed to bother her all this time. She doesn't join in, but teases and swats and all that when I'm wearing which is fun.

Admittedly, I do worry about when the kids are old enough that it becomes difficult to hide. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

As far as work, diapers stay as far away as possible.

Remember what's important in life. If you can have it all and make it work, and it's entirely possible, that's great. But if not, be willing to sacrifice what you have to. Diapers are not going to bring you joy, visit on the holidays, or take care of you in your old age.

I'm another married with diapers. I only wore on my day off which was a Friday, when my wife was at work and my kids were in school. After the kids were grown and out of the house, I told my wife, after she found a diaper order. She was very accepting and I wear whenever I want.

I've been well employed my entire life and wearing diapers has never interfered with work. Of course, I never mix the two as my diapered life and work life don't cross.

I think a lot of us have wrastled/ are wrestling with that same conundrum. I think 'trevor' said it best. "Theres no sweeping generalizations" everyone has their own experience. Some have to work at it to make it work. I ABSOLUTELY went through similar internal conflicts. I went through several relationships where it seemed impossible to come out about the big DL before i met my current partner. I have thought about how life/job/kids might be complicated by it. In my experience, forcing an air of unflappable confidence about all of your unique weirdness is the key... and having REAL people to open up to about it definitely helps with that. (Not just us anonymous internet people) but foremost, (at the risk of sounding super lame) ya gadda be compassionate towards yourself. You have to learn to love 'you'.

Its finding that peace between what you identify as your ABDL self and who you see as your default self and realizing they're two sides of the same piece of toast... Then realizing this is a one sided piece of toast with myriad oddities. THEN realizing you're not actually a piece of reheated bread at all and can just get on with living however you fancy.

Once i got over the self loathing (out of sheer necessity) i got a kind of cheeky satisfaction out of occasionally wearing to work/movies/family dinners. I could accept it as just another weird thing i liked. It was the anxiety of it all that finally broke the cammels back. I got fed up with worry and just let it fall away. But thats just me. Everyones got their own adventure.

Helpplease said:
Hello everyone, please help me.

Due to my diaper fetish I have, I think that I will not be able to raise a family with kids and everything. I think this because I think that my wife will then not accept me. Another great issue is that I'm worrying about not getting a good job and being unsuccessful with a bad job, because of my fetish. Please help me guys,

Thanks so much

Hommie, non of the above play a ROLE in YOUR FETISH!. there are MANY different aspects of your life, and you should be 100% reassured that this will not effect your success with a job, family etc. Please thou do your self a favor and be able to separate your fetish from thought's of doubt and "wrong" behavior (it doesn't hurt a soul (your fetish) :) ) I think you will be just fine, believe me if I've done just fine, you'll do even better :)

I'm married and into diapers. I think what paddedinpuyalup said is correct.
If you allow diapers to overtake your life, pull you away from other responsibilities, preoccupy your thoughts so that you are taken away from you family or kids, your marriage will be threatened. Otherwise, granted that you're honest and maintaining trust, you might even find that your marriage will be stronger for it. In my experience, working through this thing with my spouse has been one of the great gifts in my life. I'm a better person because of it, so is my wife, and I think our marriage is as well. If you keep it under control and in good balance, there's no reason it has to destroy your relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back