Bambino diapers changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloney

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Has any one noticed that Bambino changed the thickness of their Bianco diapers. I ordered on there last sale. The following changes I noticed.
1) Thinner
2) Holds less
3) pin hole leaks.
4) weaker tapes.
Anyone else notice this. I've sent two emails asking to return the unopened product due to quality defects with no responses.

Lastly does anyone know if they've made these changes with the Bellissimos?

Thank you,
BP

That sees like an awful lot of changes to see all at once? Are you sure your viewpoint hasn't changed from being exposed to other brands of diaper like ABU?

As for the pinholing, I got that once a long time ago, they got a batch of SAP that had above-spec size grains in it and any that found themselves right by the shell caused large hard bumps that led to wearing when rubbing on clothes, wearing through the shell, resulting in pinhole leaks.

I didn't have the foresight to save a diaper from each case for the past 6-8 years to prove it, but I suspect this is their MO. Every time a new product comes out, it's claimed to be the thickest and most absorbent, but comes at a higher price than ever before. And the months leading up to the new product see all the old products dropping in thickness.

I remember in 2004, I used the SecurePlus (now TotalDry Plus) for easily six to eight hours straight. The new TDP, when they don't split down the middle on the back, last maybe two hours. They're like three paper towels thick these days. Then the Secure X-Plus came out, and were slightly better than what I remembered the best SecurePlus being. Then came the Classico, and X-Plus kept pace. Then the Teddy was 10% thicker and it felt more like the 10% came out of the Classico instead. They stopped advertising the Teddy as 10% thicker with a higher price these days. Then came the Bellissimo and I am positive the Classico/Teddy/Bianco suffered. I used to use one of these for 8-12 hours, but now they last about six hours each. And now there's the Magnifico boasting higher absorbency than the Bellissimo. Bels last me 12-14 hours as of my last order 4 months ago.

So to me, this wouldn't surprise me at all. It feels like a sneaky way to raise prices. If it's necessary due to rising manfuacturing/shipping costs then that's fine, but I'd rather they be honest about it instead.

YES! I totally noticed this! Just started using my new case over the last week and it is totally different. I would agree the plastic is different, it is thinner, too. Can't really speak to capacity as I haven't had an issue here, nor have I had pin-hole leaks. BUT THE TAPES are horrible now. On literally almost every of the 20 diapers I've worn so far of this case, the lower left tape has totally ripped apart from the side of the diaper, and on one of my diapers, both left-side tapes ripped apart. Haven't thought about contacting Bambino, but I may do so just so they are aware. I am not really looking for any compensation as I realize things happen, but I think they should be aware.

I would be curious if these changes have been made to the Bellissimo's too, as those are one of my favorite go-to diapers.

BambinoPants said:
Has any one noticed that Bambino changed the thickness of their Bianco diapers. I ordered on there last sale. The following changes I noticed.
1) Thinner
2) Holds less
3) pin hole leaks.
4) weaker tapes.
Anyone else notice this. I've sent two emails asking to return the unopened product due to quality defects with no responses.

Lastly does anyone know if they've made these changes with the Bellissimos?

Thank you,
BP

bambinod said:
That sees like an awful lot of changes to see all at once? Are you sure your viewpoint hasn't changed from being exposed to other brands of diaper like ABU?

As for the pinholing, I got that once a long time ago, they got a batch of SAP that had above-spec size grains in it and any that found themselves right by the shell caused large hard bumps that led to wearing when rubbing on clothes, wearing through the shell, resulting in pinhole leaks.
. Hi Bambinod.... Thx for your response but these are real issues I could take pictures of ones used which I don't want to do. I think I'm done using Bambinos except for the stuffers and the Bellissimos unless those have changed as well.

- - - Updated - - -

bambinobaby said:
YES! I totally noticed this! Just started using my new case over the last week and it is totally different. I would agree the plastic is different, it is thinner, too. Can't really speak to capacity as I haven't had an issue here, nor have I had pin-hole leaks. BUT THE TAPES are horrible now. On literally almost every of the 20 diapers I've worn so far of this case, the lower left tape has totally ripped apart from the side of the diaper, and on one of my diapers, both left-side tapes ripped apart. Haven't thought about contacting Bambino, but I may do so just so they are aware. I am not really looking for any compensation as I realize things happen, but I think they should be aware.

I would be curious if these changes have been made to the Bellissimo's too, as those are one of my favorite go-to diapers.
Thank you bambinobaby, I thought I was imagining it. I'm sorry your experiencing those defects but glad to hear I'm not imagining it.

- - - Updated - - -

goten said:
I didn't have the foresight to save a diaper from each case for the past 6-8 years to prove it, but I suspect this is their MO. Every time a new product comes out, it's claimed to be the thickest and most absorbent, but comes at a higher price than ever before. And the months leading up to the new product see all the old products dropping in thickness.

I remember in 2004, I used the SecurePlus (now TotalDry Plus) for easily six to eight hours straight. The new TDP, when they don't split down the middle on the back, last maybe two hours. They're like three paper towels thick these days. Then the Secure X-Plus came out, and were slightly better than what I remembered the best SecurePlus being. Then came the Classico, and X-Plus kept pace. Then the Teddy was 10% thicker and it felt more like the 10% came out of the Classico instead. They stopped advertising the Teddy as 10% thicker with a higher price these days. Then came the Bellissimo and I am positive the Classico/Teddy/Bianco suffered. I used to use one of these for 8-12 hours, but now they last about six hours each. And now there's the Magnifico boasting higher absorbency than the Bellissimo. Bels last me 12-14 hours as of my last order 4 months ago.

So to me, this wouldn't surprise me at all. It feels like a sneaky way to raise prices. If it's necessary due to rising manfuacturing/shipping costs then that's fine, but I'd rather they be honest about it instead.
Hi goten, good perspective and you're probably right and there's some truth to what they're doing unfortunately!

I was about to post the same question! I recently wore Bambinos (Bianco) for the first time and wondered what all the fuss was about. They're thinner than Abena M4s

I have one on now a (Bianco) and it is thinner now also. Mite have to do abu from now on.

I'm totally in agreement here. Bambino quality has dropped off significantly. I recently ordered some Bianco's and I've already come across eight diapers thru 3 packs that are completely missing one of the tapes! I've also experienced the tapes ripping from my diaper overnight. I've emailed them to inform of the manufacturing issue with no response.

I haven't used Bambinos in a couple of years now, but that kind of makes me sad nonetheless, was looking forward to checking out the Magnifico when they come out with it. I suppose I still will, but this definitely damages the hype.

LoveMeDo said:
I was about to post the same question! I recently wore Bambinos (Bianco) for the first time and wondered what all the fuss was about. They're thinner than Abena M4s

To be fair, the bambino have more sap than the xplus. they work out to about the same capacity. And they're very specifically tailored to not have the medical look of an abena also. You're not going to find an abena that's all white, or has baby blocks, teddy bears, or bunnies on it. ;)

Bambino probably thought they were being sneaky and that people wouldn't notice subtle quality drawbacks, but with the emergence of ABU and Tykables, compared with their constant tinkering to make their products better and overall incredible customer service, Bambino is going to shoot themselves in the foot as people have other options. And while ABU and Tykables have been the best companies to do business with, there's still Diaper Conn, BareBum and Cuddlz right there to take business away.

Not smart for Bambino to be playing with fire this way in a market that seems to be evolving in a good way.

BAP21 said:
I'm totally in agreement here. Bambino quality has dropped off significantly. I recently ordered some Bianco's and I've already come across eight diapers thru 3 packs that are completely missing one of the tapes! I've also experienced the tapes ripping from my diaper overnight. I've emailed them to inform of the manufacturing issue with no response.

Hi BAP21, I'm having my credit card company fight this for me and I will keep you all updated of the response. I have dr notes for diapers and need them and Bambinos I'd defective with there tapes and pinhole leaks. Thank you all who has taken the time to read and respond. I'll let you know as soon as I hear. Thanks BP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back