Born This Way or Aquired Along the Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAndrea

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
There are many things that are accepted as things that you are born with. Does anyone think that this way of life, being little is something that you were born as or do you think it's something that even though it may be self-conscious we choose to participate in?

I myself believe I was born this way. There are so many examples that I can look back on and I realize that it was my little side showing when I didn't even know it existed. Even with using propel water bottles as my bottle wrapped tightly in a comforter watching spongebob or old Disney movies when I was a young teen.

well diapers didn't exist back when man was created, and neither did shoes, but there are shoe fetishes. So the particulars of the fetish can't logically be genetic. The emotional themes could be, but I doubt it. That doesn't mean we chose it or can change it. Comfort objects are also normal among people who aren't infantilists. Everyone has their version of a teddy bear. We just have a greater need than most.

I think it is acquired along the way... some odd aspect of psychology that causes our attachments and feelings early in life

I believe it was always there, I never wanted to grow up or go out of diapers. I was told it was bad due to my moms behaviour wanting me to grow up fast and shunning babyish things to an extreme

I wouldn't have much trouble believing that I was predisposed to kink by birth but i can see how I could be born with this particular thing. I can go along with the "born with it" insofar as considering that it seems to have come about as all the elements of "me" were forming in my early life. It's very deeply seated, but I expect there was a time when diapers didn't mean anything special to me.

I think with fetishes, kinks and personality It's mostly something that develops throughout development of a human being.

Sexuality and gender on the other hand, is something you're born with, It's just at a specific point of development that a genetic switch occurs. I'm sure there are genes involved in kinks, just like there are genes involved in addiction, which would explain why some people are vanilla, maybe it's a thing that occurs in biology that is a backup for reproduction, such as attraction to breasts, or pee. but that's just my speculation. (ie if a person is unattractive, they could have sex based on a fetish instead.)

So lets say like me, you'll have the genes for homosexuality, however the gene doesn't switch on up until a specific point in puberty.

I'm assuming you're talking about just being a little in this case (non-sexual) than yes I think us littles are born that way, or develop later on as a little mindset, and sometimes that gene never activates, same goes with eye color, you might have genes for blue eyes, but are born with brown.

With me I've always had a little mindset, just haven't acted on it until later on in life, and it became a coping mechanism.

That being said, it's no a choice or anything of the likes, biology and the human body is rather interesting, and full of surprises, and our brains are more aware of things that we know.

But just like sexuality, fetishes aren't a choice.

It's pretty hard to say because as far as I can remember ... I been into diapers, enjoyed pants wetting and bed wetting. I don't think I was born with such a thing though, but it must have developed at some point pretty early on as a toddler just coming out of diapers. It's weird but I am fairly certain I even remember enjoying my diaper when I was still wearing them. So I really don't know. It's an odd thing really.

Thanks everyone for your answers. Yes, I was just speaking of being little, in a completely non-sexual form. It is very upsetting to me when any sort of sexuality is introduced into my little time. That's the part I think that I was born with or maybe shybug is right and perhaps there is something that is supposed to shut off as you get older and for some of us it just doesn't switch off. Either way I'm happy that we are learning to accept ourselves for who we are.

I think there has been a lot of good responses posted so far. So forgive me if I am repeating what some else has said.

I am not sure if the pre-disposition is born or not, but in my particular case (having discussed this with my therapist) It was a chain of event that was the direct cause of the mental relationship aspect of the fetish, then it developed to the level it is at over time.

Bitter Grays site verifies a lot of this.

egor said:
I think there has been a lot of good responses posted so far. So forgive me if I am repeating what some else has said.

I am not sure if the pre-disposition is born or not, but in my particular case (having discussed this with my therapist) It was a chain of event that was the direct cause of the mental relationship aspect of the fetish, then it developed to the level it is at over time.

Bitter Grays site verifies a lot of this.

Do you think you can ... sort of go into more depth about this? It sounds kind of interesting. Well ... I mean as much as you are ok with getting into on here that is. Don't mean to pry or anything.

brabbit1987 said:
Do you think you can ... sort of go into more depth about this? It sounds kind of interesting. Well ... I mean as much as you are ok with getting into on here that is. Don't mean to pry or anything.

I second this... it does sound interesting and I think it would be better from your take on the material...

I have ADD and Am on the Autism spectrum. Therefore I have a tendency to be compulsive.

With the Autism spectrum there is a element of gastric distress issues. So I have had irritable bowel issues my whole life.

When I was 3 near of just turned four if I was "Stressed" I would get gas and diarrhea. When we would go over to my cousins I would have messy accidents.

Small back step: I was basically toilet trained at gun point. I was out of diapers because I was 2 1/2 and everything was taken from me, diapers, toys, put in a twin bed, etc.

So when I had second time I had an accident at my cousin (she is 21 years older then me) I was accused of doing it deliberately and diaper disciplined. My mom argued with her for a few minutes then she held me down while my cousin put a diaper on me. I had to wear it for the rest of the day and we stopped at the grocery store on the way home and I had to walk in front of cart while the neighbors came up and ridiculed me.

Several months later I had another accident when I was at home with just my mom. I hid from her and took a towel and a pair of her underwear and made a diaper and pants and hid in the bathroom cabinet and cried myself asleep. She was calling me and I woke up and took the stuff off so she would not punish me again.

I had a few other issues like that and just thought I was suppose to wear a diaper and things progressed.

From then on I was always trying to make a "real diaper" and used anything to try.

I went through binge and purge cycles and the longest was 9 years after I got married. Then I started having inconstancies issues and it all came back.

I had heard of AB/DL and started looking things up. I ordered my first pair of plastic pants and about a week later I found ADISC and learned what it is all about and gained understanding and control with the help of my therapist and this group/forums.

That is why I said there is a predisposition for things and the rest is environmental influence to the outcome.

I'm a strong believer in the Love Mapping theory. I accept that one could have a genetic predisposition to be more open to stimuli that might determine our behavior, to associate baby items such as diapers to feelings of regression. Love mapping suggests that we make an early prepubescent sexual feeling to objects that we associate in different and connected ways, diapers and perhaps, wet or soiled diapers, to infantile sexual feelings. This would occur during the early formative years, one to six, seven or eight.

There's a good article on this in Wikipedia, linked from the article on Infantalism.

CuriousDLUK said:
I think it is acquired along the way... some odd aspect of psychology that causes our attachments and feelings early in life

I do concur with your thought here.
In my case as a response to severe abuse and neglect in childhood.

I personally don't feel that there's simply one way to wind up being an ABDL. While I don't believe that people are simply born with a kink as diapers have really only been around for approximately 100 years, I do believe that many people are born with some pre-disposition to have some sort of kink, and then they will subconsciously make a connection with some object and sexuality, whether that be diapers, shoes, or crushing things. But there's really no data on this and I imagine the cause for someone who's mainly a little is different than the cause of someone who's a strict DL.

I will argue that ABDL and other kinks are not a choice. Nobody sits around and just decides "You know what? I think a diaper fetish would suit me well" and get really annoyed by the ABDLs who argue that it is a choice. Being an ABDL is as much a choice for me as being Bi is, and you can't pray away either one.

I do feel that there's no one magic cause, since I see no real pattern in how ABDLs are developed (Some were potty trained early, some late. Some were bullied, some weren't. Some have some mental health problem, some don't. Some have a history of abuse, some don't), and that it just gets switched on for some reason in our brains. At least that's my prediction.

[FONT=Comic Sans MSI think I was born this way when I think back to childhood I have memories of playing with younger children and playing with toy the the breast of my freands had lest behind.

For years I tryed to be the person that i was told I was now a grown up. But it just lead to me have mental breakdowns and depression with anxiety. One I could out that I was a Little and all though I was a adult with adult responsibilities, I was not a grown up on the inside. A form of Peter Pan sydrom I have been much better and can cope with life now.

People that know me know I have this child like out look, but i choice how much they need to know. I Invite them in to play and most are happy to. But just getting your pasifer out and sucking put people off. Don't know why people smock and that putting something in your mouth and sucking, and my pasifer is not going to give me health problems, but the you go Grown Up are weard like that.

So as for nurture my mum told me that I had to grow up which was the worst thing you could ever said to me, I know she was only helping me and she had no idea of the torment it would have caused, I am sure she knew that I was a little she would have never of said it.

I had a good childhood and was brought up in a working/ middle class family and they did the absolute best for me.

So i don't think it is nurture and I have a choice now be who I am on the inside and be happy or try and be the grown up that Society wants me to be which leads to me being unhappy.

I choose to be happy in my life and to be the person that i am on the inside which is a fun filled, loving, has like the mysterious Little boy.

Hope that helps some one.

SisiFONT]

I had "grow up" and "aren't you too old for that?!" Which hurt me inside. I just outsold him "no, I don't think so" but I still ended up purging kids stuff. I wish people wouldn't say that. I had my dad say to me when I wanted a train set for Christmas this year, he said "no! , I can't do that!" I said "why not? Is it expensive?" And he said " what about family?" I told him my brother already knows and I told him that it upset me. He said "it doesn't matter" then went looking online for one.

It did matter what he said to me, who should care if a 18 year old girl wants a toy train set for Christmas!? People can be cruel unintentionally.

In the terms of nature vs nurture, I think it is a bit of a mix for me. I was a bit slow when it came to speech development when I was younger and had trouble with both spelling and memorization. So already there was something going on.

As for nurture, my mom always would call me her little baby and the baby of the family. I was one of those kids who would take things seriously and as such I reflected this. I had no problem with being cuddled and hugged and just absolutely adored these moments.
One of my childhood friends was a older brother and at the time liked to sneak some of his younger brother's and sister's diapers to wear them. When he offered me one (around the age of five) I saw this as my chance to be more like a baby again. I eventually got caught with it in my room and was given a time out; scaring me away from some of these behaviors.
During my early years I was often bullied at school for being a bit 'off' which resulted in my always hanging out with the pre-schoolers-first graders because they never judged me; this continued through seventh grade.
Along side this event, I had also became an uncle at the age of six/seven. Thing is, I was always the center of the spotlight and thought attention meant being loved, so I felt a bit heart broken, like I was replaced. My parents told me I had to grow up and set an example for my nieces and nephews because their deadbeat father (my brother) was a horrible influence. Being the literal child I was, I started doing exactly that, acting far older than I was. Even then, I still would sneak some diapers to wear and dream back to when I was the center of attention in the house.
Years go by and around the age of 13 I started experimenting with things online and while on deviantart I saw some abdl art that rekindled the memories. From there I'd fantasize about returning to the padded times. Around the age of seventeen I got really sick with a flu and started losing bowel continence at night. Since I was tired of doing the laundry, I bought some certainty diapers to help protect my bed. Eventually the issues stopped, but I continued to pad up because I felt safe and secure. Up to modern day (age 20) and I am currently (right now) enjoying my double tykable padding. This april when my birthday arrives I plan on telling my mom the truth. She has so far been accepting that I am not like most guys my age. She has even said she'd love me no matter what orientation. Although ABDLism isn't a orientation, I still hope she is accepting. Ironically enough, she still calls me 'mikey' 'baby' and 'little mikey' every couple days at home.

Lovemaps

I think most people are born wired a certain way, some experiances solidify that wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back