Classifying Goodnites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodnitesco96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So what would you classify Goodnites as? They're basically pull-ups, but I don't think of them like for really young children who are almost done potty training and I'd rather think of them as diapers, which in ways they can and can't be called diapers.

I think I'd just call them ''bedwetting pants'' personally... You could call them pull-ups, as there are adult pull-ups too, but I wouldn't call them ''training pants'' as that isn't really their purpose.

GoodNites are both pull-ups in function and Pull-Ups by brand (which is made by Huggies).

KimbaStarshine said:
I think I'd just call them ''bedwetting pants'' personally... You could call them pull-ups, as there are adult pull-ups too, but I wouldn't call them ''training pants'' as that isn't really their purpose.

I'm pretty sure no one uses them for bedwetting, and if they do, it's a really small percentage of people on here haha.

goodnitesco96 said:
I'm pretty sure no one uses them for bedwetting, and if they do, it's a really small percentage of people on here haha.
Well if you're referring to just people on this site then no not many people use them for bedwetting but if you're talking about all the people in the world who use them bear in mind about 90% of those or less than 10 years old and their primary function is controlling bedwetting personally I just assume calling them pull ups it's literally what they are they're just Huggies Pull-Ups training pants scaled up with more padding when I used to work for the local school district I did a lot of field trips and I drove the handicap bus and it's very common for children with disabilities to use them as their daily underwear before I resigned I had 7 elementary school kids 3 middle schoolers and two high schoolers and about 6 of them wore goodnites or similar brands everyday you have to understand the original purpose these products play in society they are classified as pajama pants or pull ups because originally they were designed for kids and more specifically kids with bedwetting problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

w0lfpack91 said:
Well if you're referring to just people on this site then no not many people use them for bedwetting but if you're talking about all the people in the world who use them bear in mind about 90% of those or less than 10 years old and their primary function is controlling bedwetting personally I just assume calling them pull ups it's literally what they are they're just Huggies Pull-Ups training pants scaled up with more padding when I used to work for the local school district I did a lot of field trips and I drove the handicap bus and it's very common for children with disabilities to use them as their daily underwear before I resigned I had 7 elementary school kids 3 middle schoolers and two high schoolers and about 6 of them wore goodnites or similar brands everyday you have to understand the original purpose these products play in society they are classified as pajama pants or pull ups because originally they were designed for kids and more specifically kids with bedwetting problems

I meant on this site, not like kids ages 6-15 or that age range.

goodnitesco96 said:
I meant on this site, not like kids ages 6-15 or that age range.
It wasn't a very specific post sorry for misunderstanding

w0lfpack91 said:
It wasn't a very specific post sorry for misunderstanding

It's alright, and I didn't classify them as diapers when I wet the bed, at least I don't think I did. I wet the bed from about I'd say first to around freshman or sophomore year of high school.

goodnitesco96 said:
It's alright, and I didn't classify them as diapers when I wet the bed, at least I don't think I did. I wet the bed from about I'd say first to around freshman or sophomore year of high school.
When I was a kid and had bedwetting and minor daytime wetting issues I was quite specific that they had to be called Pull-Ups and the way my mom told me for my self-esteem diapers for little kids and babies pull-ups are for big kids and if anyone called them anything other than a pull-up I would freak out and honestly even now I think I'm more have a fetish for pull-ups over diapers. If given the choice I would take a pull up over a diaper any day

w0lfpack91 said:
When I was a kid and had bedwetting and minor daytime wetting issues I was quite specific that they had to be called Pull-Ups and the way my mom told me for my self-esteem diapers for little kids and babies pull-ups are for big kids and if anyone called them anything other than a pull-up I would freak out and honestly even now I think I'm more have a fetish for pull-ups over diapers. If given the choice I would take a pull up over a diaper any day

Honestly that's like me, I have Abena M4's right now, but my go-to "diaper" or pull-up, is Goodnites, like they don't completely fall apart when wet, they're really discreet, and they bring me memories of my childhood that I remember about Goodnites. Part of that is cost, since Goodnites and Pull-Ups and others are super cheap and I can get a lot for like under $25 on eBay. There's times where like I wish I had a super high capacity diaper to flood, but when I flood a Goodnite, it feels really warm and really good.

I call them "toy diapers". :p

I consider them pull ups for older kids that need them to manage their bedwetting.

Llayden said:
GoodNites are both pull-ups in function and Pull-Ups by brand (which is made by Huggies).

Pretty sure "pullups" is going to lose its brand name status since it's becoming a generic description for a class of similar products.

(like "velcro" and "kleenex" etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back