Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Why Diapers?

  1. #1
    Mesmerale

    Default Why Diapers?

    Welcome to Part two of "A New Era".
    For those who have not seen it, Part one is located in the Greetings / Introductions forum under the name "Mesmerale's Re-Introduction".

    Again, for those who do not know, over the past couple of months, the general feeling on ADISC has been that the website is slipping into a "recession".

    Now, I don't find this surprising. Recessions are happening all around the world; Why not on ADISC as well?

    Some of you may want to argue that ADISC is perfectly fine. Some of the newbies may believe that ADISC is great right now.

    Well don't misunderstand. This isn't meant to imply that ADISC is failing, nor does it imply that ADISC is in any way 'bad'. I love ADISC, and everyone on it, to death. But people are getting distressed. Don't believe it? Look.

    Adisc gone down hill?

    No0bs

    Posting (Blog)

    As well as all the disputes about Reputation and other aspects of the site that we've all heard again and again.

    So, satisfied? Great.

    So, welcome to Part two.


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Why Diapers?


    We all know the purpose of this website, don't we? Just in case, allow me to clarify...

    ADISC. Adult baby (teen baby) Diaper lover Incontinence Support Community.

    So, what do we all have in common that we could support each other with? Diapers. we all either want to or have to wear diapers. So the question that needs to be answered is 'Why?'.

    "Mesmerale, we've already talked about this! We like to wear diapers because they turn us on! Or because we feel comforted by them! Either that, or because it's a need."

    That's probably something along the lines of what you are thinking, but I've got news for you.

    That's not what I'm asking.

    I'm not asking "Why do we like to wear diapers?", what I'm asking is "Why diapers?". Why is it even diapers in the first place? Because it symbolizes a baby? Doesn't the same thing apply to a pacifier? A bottle? baby clothes? Cribs? Toys? Playpens? Sure, these things are all a part of what we enjoy, but the main focus is on the diaper. hwy? Why isn't the pacifier our main focus, with diapers being secondary? Why don't we get off from sleeping in a crib, and wearing a diaper is just extra?

    Obviously, this is more geared for the *Bs and DLs here on ADISC, but it is in no way limited to that category of people. Anyone can speak their mind.

    Maybe it's because diapers are soft and comfortable.
    Perhaps the usefulness of a diaper is a factor.
    Could we be influenced by the social taboo of wearing diapers after infancy?
    What if it's something else?

    What do you think? Make a point, support it, and stand by it. Do not get upset if someone disagrees.

    If you have any personal experience, share it if you please. But remember that you chose to share it. If someone calls "bullshit" you have no right to get upset. It was your desire to share.

    Retort.
    Debate.
    Clarify.
    Support.

    This is a discussion, not an argument.
    It's a debate, so let's keep it that way.

    Part two of "A New Era" has commenced.
    May we all pray that it will be a complete success.

  2. #2

    Default

    *clap clap* Bravo, excellent discussion topic ^^

    I tend to think of (at least in my case) diapers as most of the things you mentioned, like usefullness and taboo. But also, as an adult you are expected to have control in so many aspects of your life. And if you give up control in certain areas, your life would crumble. YOu can't just let go of your job and not go without consequences, can you? You can't just not feed yourself and expect the results to be good. But there is one thing that we control, that if left unchecked, can be perfectly livable, your bladder. That's where the diapers come in, you can just put one on and all day your working, playing, doing your daily things and going to the bathroom is one less thing to deal with.

    Yeah, it might seem kind of nonsense or trivial reason at first, but add this one pro to all the other aspects of being a *B or DL, like the comfort, sense of innocence. And I know tons of people who have at one point or another thought back to the comfort of a stuffed animal or a blanket as a security object, bringing it with them wherever they went. For me, diapers are kind of like my security blanket, the best part about that being I get all the comfort and confidence and self assurance of that, with none of the grief or back looks. Because no one ever knows I'm wearing my security blanket as underwear. And in a weird way, it does give me extra boosts of confidence to speak up and be more proactive in my daily life

  3. #3

    Default

    It's only logical to have a fetish for something like a diaper just due to its nature It's soft, thick, comfortable and makes some of us feel sercue. It's just one of our vices and that's about it.

    Plus do you know how fucking easy we have it for clean up compared to all the other fetishists out there?
    ----------------
    Now playing: Brad Sucks - Fake It
    via FoxyTunes

  4. #4
    Mesmerale

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Tafshin View Post
    *clap clap* Bravo, excellent discussion topic ^^

    I tend to think of (at least in my case) diapers as most of the things you mentioned, like usefullness and taboo. But also, as an adult you are expected to have control in so many aspects of your life. And if you give up control in certain areas, your life would crumble. YOu can't just let go of your job and not go without consequences, can you? You can't just not feed yourself and expect the results to be good. But there is one thing that we control, that if left unchecked, can be perfectly livable, your bladder. That's where the diapers come in, you can just put one on and all day your working, playing, doing your daily things and going to the bathroom is one less thing to deal with.

    Yeah, it might seem kind of nonsense or trivial reason at first, but add this one pro to all the other aspects of being a *B or DL, like the comfort, sense of innocence. And I know tons of people who have at one point or another thought back to the comfort of a stuffed animal or a blanket as a security object, bringing it with them wherever they went. For me, diapers are kind of like my security blanket, the best part about that being I get all the comfort and confidence and self assurance of that, with none of the grief or back looks. Because no one ever knows I'm wearing my security blanket as underwear. And in a weird way, it does give me extra boosts of confidence to speak up and be more proactive in my daily life
    Aren't there "normal" things that you could be doing for security? Talking to a good friend, or girlfriend, or wife. Playing a sport, crosswords, etc..

    Why would you need to wear a diaper to feel comforted? That's what friends are for. And no one would ever give you grief for that. You wouldn't even have to hide it.



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    It's only logical to have a fetish for something like a diaper just due to its nature It's soft, thick, comfortable and makes some of us feel sercue. It's just one of our vices and that's about it.

    Plus do you know how fucking easy we have it for clean up compared to all the other fetishists out there?
    ----------------
    Now playing: Brad Sucks - Fake It
    via FoxyTunes
    You mean to say that it's just something about us that simply is, and cannot be analyzed?

    Laying on your pet dog is soft, thick, and comfortable, and they're "Man's best friend". Why aren't you obsessed with dogs?

  5. #5

    Default

    Well, first off let me start with saying that for me I think it is the conveince of the diaper, the feel, thickness, comfort, sound, and what it is assoisiated with(releasing bodily waste into). I love the fact that I can pee in a diaper and feel good about it.

    My main point that I am getting at here is why are diapers considered taboo in relationships? You could know everything about this other that you are in love with and when you say "Honey...I like to wear diapers" it is like "bye bye, you sick fuck"! You think wait a minuted 5 years of construction just came down in flames in a matter of 2 seconds.

    So, why are not just diapers but fetishes that we aren't framiliar with in general shunned by others? We are, from what I assume mostly are of European disent on this forum. Europeans were colonizers and Imperialists when most of our ancesters immagrated away from those countires. It is in our blood! If we discover someone fethish, why not explore it? The British found out about the magic of India, what did they do??? It qas there goal to take it into their control, by any means possible. Why aren't humans like that towards fetishes? That fetish of the one you love could open a whole nother world to you, you must explore it and discover the resources of it so you can send it back to the "mother country"= your mind the resources that it offers to offer you intrestment and happiness.

    That POV that I presented is VERY Euro-Centric, but Eurocentricism is in our blood. Why don't we look at our others fetish as something to explore rather than liquidate?

  6. #6
    Mesmerale

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Well, first off let me start with saying that for me I think it is the conveince of the diaper, the feel, thickness, comfort, sound, and what it is assoisiated with(releasing bodily waste into). I love the fact that I can pee in a diaper and feel good about it.

    My main point that I am getting at here is Omitting off-topic stuff since this isn't what the thread is about. Feel free to make one about this if you want.
    So using the diaper for it's intended purpose is a turn on? The toilet is meant for the same thing. Not so much of a turn on. Why not?

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    Aren't there "normal" things that you could be doing for security? Talking to a good friend, or girlfriend, or wife. Playing a sport, crosswords, etc..

    Why would you need to wear a diaper to feel comforted? That's what friends are for. And no one would ever give you grief for that. You wouldn't even have to hide it.
    While thinking of a response, I just remembered that this thread is very similar to one that was done before.

    And I get what your saying. But for me, as an individual, I do have friends to talk to, hang with. But the want I feel in choosing to use diapers in this way. And the certain brand of comfort and security that I use diapers for is in no way "normal", which is, I think, a poor word to throw around in this topic particularly.

    By the responses you've given to not only my, but other's additions to this thread, what you're asking isn't really "Why Diapers?" but "What is the origin or your *Bism or DLism?" That's what you should have said in the beginning, instead of dissecting every post with "Why not just do this?", when almost everyone is thinking back to you "Well, because it wouldn't be the same.

    Because really, I could get all of the love and attention I want from my girlfriend and family, but there is a small portion that they can't fill, that diapers and *Bism just completely makes sense. And it's all because of what made this want for diapers flourish in me in the first place. Be it child rearing, or a want to just be a baby, or the dislike of boxers, briefs, or panties

  8. #8
    Mesmerale

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Tafshin View Post
    While thinking of a response, I just remembered that this thread is very similar to one that was done before.

    And I get what your saying. But for me, as an individual, I do have friends to talk to, hang with. But the want I feel in choosing to use diapers in this way. And the certain brand of comfort and security that I use diapers for is in no way "normal", which is, I think, a poor word to throw around in this topic particularly.

    By the responses you've given to not only my, but other's additions to this thread, what you're asking isn't really "Why Diapers?" but "What is the origin or your *Bism or DLism?" That's what you should have said in the beginning, instead of dissecting every post with "Why not just do this?", when almost everyone is thinking back to you "Well, because it wouldn't be the same.

    Because really, I could get all of the love and attention I want from my girlfriend and family, but there is a small portion that they can't fill, that diapers and *Bism just completely makes sense. And it's all because of what made this want for diapers flourish in me in the first place. Be it child rearing, or a want to just be a baby, or the dislike of boxers, briefs, or panties
    Hmm... Good point.. *turns the Devil's Advocate dial down a few notches* If I keep this up, I'll turn each post into the exact same response.

    Alright, so we've got a few hits for comfort, and social taboo.

    And I've already asked the 'origin' question, just look back for threads made by me. This is meant to be more material.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    Hmm... Good point.. *turns the Devil's Advocate dial down a few notches* If I keep this up, I'll turn each post into the exact same response.

    Alright, so we've got a few hits for comfort, and social taboo.

    And I've already asked the 'origin' question, just look back for threads made by me. This is meant to be more material.
    Well, I'd say that we, as people who use diapers, are just one branch of a baby object tree. For some reason in the "birth" of our *Bism, if some kind of micro variable had be a little different, we would be on APISC, because we all liked pacifiers ALOT, and diapers were just a little bonus of the whole baby package. That the diaper thing is just one branch, as is pacifiers, or cribs (sleeping in an enclosed bed), or hell, just munching on babyfood. The diapers just fit better to our personalities, or held the best symbolism and use to what we wanted.

    I'm giving an educated guess to say that if diapers werent invented at all when they were, and people used some kind of catheter on children to potty train them until now, there would be catheter lovers, using it to complete their *Bism or whatever instead of using Diapers. And then you'd be having this thread with the title being

    "Why Catheters?"

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    So using the diaper for it's intended purpose is a turn on? The toilet is meant for the same thing. Not so much of a turn on. Why not?
    because a diaper is not the norm and is a diversion from the monotony of everyday life and they're soft and comfortable where a toilet is not

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.