Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to have to share my room with a 4 year old :/

Default Going to have to share my room with a 4 year old :/

And this kid doesn't behave. He's going to have his tonsils removed which will hopefully fix some of his behaviour.

Hes always getting into things and its gotten to the point that you have to lock his door at night to avoid him from stealing food and smearing it all over the carpet and the walls.

I need advice of how to keep my stuff safe from harm, I was suggested by my FP to put my computer desk and all of my valuables in the walkin closet and put a doorknob on it that locks.

But I don't know if that would work, any other suggestions for sharing a room with an obnoxious brat like this?

Thankfully its only until October but I dont know if I am going to be able to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwranglers View Post
    Does he wear pull-ups or something?
    What does that have to do with anything?

To the OP: I'd say the walk-in closet idea is a pretty good start, but I'd say that unless you just want to consider yourself under siege for six months, you're going to have to try to engage with this kid a little and improve his behavior both for your benefit and his. Try to see what he likes and establish some consequences relating to that when he behaves badly. I don't envy you this little home invasion, but I think you should be able to manage the worst of it. On the plus side, if you ever needed an excuse to have any part of your stash (presuming you have one) locked up/concealed, this is a great time for it. Good luck...you'll need it.

I hope you are a deep sleeper b/c some 4 year old's wake up pretty early and get pretty active.

What Trevor said.

But how would having his tonsils out improve his behaviour? o.o

Does he have something wrong with him like a mental condition?

Why on earth would you allow this? Have you no idea how to stand up for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Huggies1998 View Post
    Why on earth would you allow this? Have you no idea how to stand up for yourself?
    Well, he's 17 and I imagine he's living with parent(s). Most kids need to listen to their parents...

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Does he have something wrong with him like a mental condition?
    You still haven't learned that everyone has some mental condition? :P

Anyways just hide any stuff you don't want him to get out of a area he can get to. If you have your own computer password lock it when you leave it.
    ----------------
    Now playing: Brad Sucks - There's Something Wrong
    via FoxyTunes

Oh please, what kind of four year old smears food all over? I never did that and neither did my brothers at that age.