Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Fast Food Restaurant?

Default Favorite Fast Food Restaurant?

What your favorite fast food place? My have to be either Wendys, Taco Johns, or Hardee

Carls Junior (Hardee's in Iowa). Or Jack in the Box (not in Iowa) for their sourdough burger.

Hey, if you're near Boone, I see that they have a Golden Corral place. They run the ads terribly often - steak, lobster, and shrimp, all for $10!

Jack in the box, Carl's jr or Popeye's Chicken.

Also Golden Corral is all over the place, it's pretty much just like hometown buffet.

BLAH, fast-food. I don't go to those places unless I have to get something to eat and time is short. Then again, if I do go to a fast-food place I order food that is healthier. Sometimes, I do crave Taco Bell's Nacho Cheese Chalupas, but that's very rare. I prefer to hit my favorite sub joint, which is a local place.

I guess I'm to the point in my life where I would rather have a healthier meal than something fast-food. Plus, I've worked for McDonalds's Hardee's Wendy's, and I know the truth behind those places.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Also Golden Corral is all over the place, it's pretty much just like hometown buffet.
    It is, aye, but ... well, not much of anything seems to get to Iowa. So I was surprised to see a listing in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Plus, I've worked for McDonalds's Hardee's Wendy's, and I know the truth behind those places.
    I can understand this; I used to work concessions (years ago!) and I have never eaten nachos (or any food item) from a concession stand since.

Falkio

I'm thinkin' Arbys! The sandwiches are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkio View Post
    I'm thinkin' Arbys! The sandwiches are pretty good.
    Arby's is pretty good but their roast beef always seems slimy to me. <_>

Checkers
    Subway
    Beef O' Bradys
    Ruby Tusedays
    Cheders
    Zackbys

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Carls Junior (Hardee's in Iowa). Or Jack in the Box (not in Iowa) for their sourdough burger.

Hey, if you're near Boone, I see that they have a Golden Corral place. They run the ads terribly often - steak, lobster, and shrimp, all for $10!
    I'm shocked to hear someone mention Boone, IA. I once ate at a pretty nice little cafe there; about as cheap as fast food, and probably just as bad for my body, but more traditional, moral.

I thought Hardee's pretty much disappeared from the Midwest. There used to be one in my home town, but it shut down and turned into a laundromat. I think that died too.

Quote Originally Posted by PostTenebrasLux View Post
    I'm shocked to hear someone mention Boone, IA. I once ate at a pretty nice little cafe there; about as cheap as fast food, and probably just as bad for my body, but more traditional, moral.

I thought Hardee's pretty much disappeared from the Midwest. There used to be one in my home town, but it shut down and turned into a laundromat. I think that died too.
    Boone is like only 2 hour away from me, maybe I'd should go there one of these days. As for Hardee in the midwest...there still here, you just have to look for them. My town uses to have one when I was kid, but it closed down.

EDIT: I'm just curious, but have anyone here heard of Maid-Rite before and had one of their loose meat sandwich? (it like a sloppy joe without the sauce)