Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issues Much?

curiousitykitten

Default Issues Much?

Okay I have mentioned in this thread before my frequent heart burn. Well I was taking medicine for it and I think its not working as well. The pain has been back for the fast few nights and I have been staying up late. All this extra time alone allows a lot of thought. Now, I also have chemical imbalances and have been diognosed with deppression and anxiety... I choose not to take medicine unless I'm in danger of killing myself. I don't want to be yet another drugged up american...

ANYWAY all this time allots more thought... and I've been thinking about sad things. Verry unlikely things, but very sad. An example would be if everyone close to me died... or If my girlfriend stopped loving me. So... I'll procede to crying when the thoughts get to much... It makes my pains worse and keeps me up later.

I feel stupid crying for no reason and theres not really anyone I can vent to at 2 am... its 10 pm where i live now and the pains are starting up. Its just embarasing and I felt like venting. I used to crochet but I ran out of yarn.. crocheting made me concerned with doing it perfectly and I didnt think as much... but doing things constructive like working on my small buisness just stress me.. there distracting but not appropriate for 2 am. Reading makes my head hurt because I analize stories too much (lol im quite a thinker... i read slow because of it)

Does anyone have an opinion on this? Does anyone have similar issues? Does anyone have suggestions on things I could do to stay content when I cant sleep?

Sounds just like a bout of depression mate, I've suffered from mental illness as well and know the feeling. When I've had as much as I can take I usually try to sleep it off, which in your case doesn't seem like an option. As well you said you don't wish to treat it with medication unless the symptoms are to great. Depression in its own right can cause pretty much all the (crying for no reason, over-analyzing, i.e. mood disorder) problems. Not one for medicine myself, all I can suggest is doing something enjoyable to you, not just distracting yourself. Sometimes all it takes is a change in your environment to feel more comfortable, best of luck mate.

Sorry to hear you've been stressed of late. I too am in a bad phase now and hope to snap out of it. Two weeks of anitbiotics and my face, (sinuses) are still in major pain. Alone and lonley I get very depressed. Red wine helps with sleep but the next day is no better. Tommorrow if I'm no better I'll go to the doctor and deal with what she recomends. Anixioty sux!
    I don'd nessisarilly recoment the wine route it ads to depression, (and hurts spell'in). Hang in here it gets better, I've had many ups & downs over the last 49 years, the downs suck but they do pass.
    I feel for ya.
    Nam

I think depression is common for a number of us. I experience it on Saturdays. I work two jobs during the week, so I stay busy, but Saturday I'm home and do chores. I hate grocery shopping with a passion, and so I get depressed. Then there is the other kind of depression that seems to come in cycles. When it comes, I seem to have to feed it. I may play music from when I was much younger. It reminds of past times, and past passions. You would think that would make the whole situation worse, but I seem to work it out. Anyway, I wish you the best.

Although I can't solve your depression and/or anxiety, I have the perfect remedy for your heart burn problems...

An instant relative of mine had been having the SAME problems with heart-burn and tried everything (even some really powerful medicine that worked, but decided against taking it for the same reasons you did), this relative was cured by drinking Cuachalalate tea (weirdest thing ever, trust me)... You should check out this link:
    CUACHALALA O CHALALATE or Cuachalalate

Good luck!

curiousitykitten

thankyou everyone for the insight

lol i wold have replayed sooner but i kind of passed out next to my laptop >.> i woke up and it was open and was like wtf

Butterfly Mage

Just an FYI: Having a mental illness and taking appropriate medicine to treat that illness does not make one a "drugged up American". I take Effexxor XR for depression and for my dissociative disorder. It doesn't make me feel "drugged". What it does is allow my mind to function in a coherent fashion so I can hold down a job, earn income, and pay taxes.

When my medicine levels are correct, I'm able to go to work; I'm also able to write poetry, lead worship services for my coven, exercise, play video games, cook, and be a loving companion to my partner. If I go off my medicine, I end up sitting in a dark room alone, crying, and I self-mutilate (I've got the scars and medical bills to prove it).

I'm not a "drugged up American". Psychotropic medicine is not heroin.

Well, I have a ton of stomach issues for 5 years. It isn't heartburn, but I have pain and nausea everyday constantly, so I know how ya feel. All I can say for advice is try to relax and distract yourself, that works most of the time.

curiousitykitten

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    Just an FYI: Having a mental illness and taking appropriate medicine to treat that illness does not make one a "drugged up American". I take Effexxor XR for depression and for my dissociative disorder. It doesn't make me feel "drugged". What it does is allow my mind to function in a coherent fashion so I can hold down a job, earn income, and pay taxes.

When my medicine levels are correct, I'm able to go to work; I'm also able to write poetry, lead worship services for my coven, exercise, play video games, cook, and be a loving companion to my partner. If I go off my medicine, I end up sitting in a dark room alone, crying, and I self-mutilate (I've got the scars and medical bills to prove it).

I'm not a "drugged up American". Psychotropic medicine is not heroin.
    when i was only 13 i was forced to take prozac... ontop of the issues I stated I'm bulemic.. and have been for three years. Thats probabbly why I have stomach issues. Anyway, medicine is your choice.. I tried it before but eh... I want to be able to care for myself without any help... maybe im just being to proud idk

Quote Originally Posted by Zagete View Post
    Although I can't solve your depression and/or anxiety, I have the perfect remedy for your heart burn problems...

An instant relative of mine had been having the SAME problems with heart-burn and tried everything (even some really powerful medicine that worked, but decided against taking it for the same reasons you did), this relative was cured by drinking Cuachalalate tea (weirdest thing ever, trust me)... You should check out this link:
    CUACHALALA O CHALALATE or Cuachalalate

Good luck!
    interesting....maybe i should show my mom that link
    thanks ^_^
    Last edited by Peachy; 22-Mar-2009 at 11:31. Reason: merging double post - use "multiple quotes"-feature

BabyWolf

Prilosec OTC helps with heartburn and acid reflux. I've been diagnosed with acid reflux, and I have to take it. Also, I'm going to be frank, and tell you that you really should try to find a medication that works for your depression without too many side effects. Having suffered what you're going through for years, I will tell you that, frankly, that's not living. No matter how good you think you're doing at a given moment, you're a shadow of your true self. Get medication. Get help. Every day feels like a year going through that kind of pain every day.