Not open for further replies.

Sapphyre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I may be crossing over to the dark side -- I've ordered my first ABDL diapers. A few sample packs from AB Universe, including their Lavender, Space, LittlePawz, and Super Dry Kids varieties. They're just so cute!

They've already been shipped and are due to arrive early next week. I'm somewhat nervous about this... my apartment is in a duplex and my door is the less obvious one around the side. My neighbors don't always check the labels on their mail before opening it. If I were ordering a case of Dry 24/7's, as I usually do, then worst-case scenario they'd assume (half-correctly, it turns out) that they are for medical necessity. I don't think they would make the same connection upon seeing these... so, fingers crossed that UPS finds the right door. O.O;;

Assuming no misadventures in delivery, any suggestions for which variety to try first?

I'd start with the lower thickness and work up, so that'd be Lavender or SDKs. I do hope your neighbors don't get them first. Why should they have all the fun?

If you are worried about it ending up on your neighbor's pourch and them opening it. Use the ups tracking number to have it redirected and held a local ups office near you. Thats what i do when i order anything abdl or diaper related. That way you can go pick it up and not have to worry. Anyway i hope you enjoy.

Trevor said:
I'd start with the lower thickness and work up, so that'd be Lavender or SDKs. I do hope your neighbors don't get them first. Why should they have all the fun?

I likely will. I'm particularly eager to try the Lavender, they're just adorable.

- - - Updated - - -

DprEffect said:
If you are worried about it ending up on your neighbor's pourch and them opening it. Use the ups tracking number to have it redirected and held a local ups office near you. Thats what i do when i order anything abdl or diaper related. That way you can go pick it up and not have to worry. Anyway i hope you enjoy.

I might do that. The ABU site mentions that they occasionally use USPS for the final leg of delivery, and if they do that it should arrive at the right porch.... but might be better to play it safe. o.o

I wear diapers for fun and medical diapers can be fun, but at the end of the day they are designed for medical purposes. I didn't really see the point in all these AB diapers cause I thought they were over priced and not worth it... until I tried one. That's when I realized why people wear them, they are made for fun, so why not wear a fun diaper.

Lifetime said:
I wear diapers for fun and medical diapers can be fun, but at the end of the day they are designed for medical purposes. I didn't really see the point in all these AB diapers cause I thought they were over priced and not worth it... until I tried one. That's when I realized why people wear them, they are made for fun, so why not wear a fun diaper.

Yes! Exactly. ^_^ I seem to be going through the same evolution of thought...

Lifetime said:
I didn't really see the point in all these AB diapers cause I thought they were over priced and not worth it... until I tried one.
It was the same way for me too. Tried a sample of ABU space/littlepaws and they were amazing. Unfortunately the mediums are a bit on the large side for me, and I find it really hard to justify paying that much for a diaper that's not a great fit. I really wish they'd make those in small, but it's probably too much of a niche market as is.

UPDATE: UPS claims that they have delivered the package to the previous billing address I had on file with them (i.e. my old apartment) rather than the given shipping address (which they recited correctly over the phone).

I sometimes have difficulty accepting when other people's incompetence is supposedly unintentional. -_-

Sapphyre said:
I sometimes have difficulty accepting when other people's incompetence is supposedly unintentional. -_-
Other people's incontinence, however, is certainly not intentional ;)

Sapphyre said:
UPDATE: UPS claims that they have delivered the package to the previous billing address I had on file with them (i.e. my old apartment) rather than the given shipping address (which they recited correctly over the phone).

Really sorry to hear this, have you got them now?

Hope this doesn't tarnish your enjoyment of ABUs fabulous products, they are worth a wait even a bad one like this.

The package arrived on my doorstep this morning. It was opened and re-sealed by an unspecified neighbor.

I have mixed feelings. Said unspecified neighbor did not open the individual bags containing the diapers, but surely saw the packing slip, which made no pretense of being discreet.

I'm very impressed so far with the products. They are absolutely adorable. Cute beyond belief. But I'm not sure how I feel about receiving future shipments...

Sapphyre said:

If you attributed to malice everything that is merely caused by incompetence and inattention, you'd pretty much have to conclude that you were living in Hell. Though I've always found it interesting just how many people would rather believe that the state of the world is the deliberate design of the competent, but evil, rather than the well-meaning, but incompetent.

CuriousDLUK said:
Other people's incontinence, however, is certainly not intentional ;)

Oh, I don't know. We still have the occasional thread by people wanting to become incontinent....

Sapphyre said:
The package arrived on my doorstep this morning. It was opened and re-sealed by an unspecified neighbor.

I have mixed feelings. Said unspecified neighbor did not open the individual bags containing the diapers, but surely saw the packing slip, which made no pretense of being discreet.

I'm very impressed so far with the products. They are absolutely adorable. Cute beyond belief. But I'm not sure how I feel about receiving future shipments...

You could always see if there's a parcel receiving service in the area. But seriously, opening and re-sealing someone else's packages? When they are clearly labelled? Do your neighbours not understand the concept of privacy?

Sapphyre said:
...But I'm not sure how I feel about receiving future shipments...

So glad they arrived and I wish a pox upon whoever opened your package and am very sorry about the invasion of your privacy.

Big internet hug and hope you fall in love with these and chalk that upto one of those awful events hopefully never to be repeated and keep on getting amazing diapers going forward.

Akastus said:
You could always see if there's a parcel receiving service in the area. But seriously, opening and re-sealing someone else's packages? When they are clearly labelled? Do your neighbours not understand the concept of privacy?

My suspicion is that the elderly couple living in the other half of the duplex probably opened it. They probably just didn't stop to read the label and assumed the package was theirs. They took the time to re-seal it, at least, although there was a good 48 hours in between when UPS "delivered" it and the time it actually arrived on my doorstep...

- - - Updated - - -

Argent said:
So glad they arrived and I wish a pox upon whoever opened your package and am very sorry about the invasion of your privacy.

Big internet hug and hope you fall in love with these and chalk that upto one of those awful events hopefully never to be repeated and keep on getting amazing diapers going forward.

Thank you. ^_^ And yes, I'm quickly falling in love...

I ordered my first ADBL nappies, i went with ABU too, as it probably best value to ship to New Zealand. Really exciting been waiting for 2 and bit weeks so far, they due to arrive either this week or next.

Well you lost your good diaper virginity, congrats , nothing will ever be the same again!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
Well you lost your good diaper virginity, congrats , nothing will ever be the same again!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

You might be right about this. These are so... cute... o.o::

Sapphyre said:
My suspicion is that the elderly couple living in the other half of the duplex probably opened it. They probably just didn't stop to read the label and assumed the package was theirs.

I get enough packages here I'm surprised I haven't opened more things addressed to others. I rarely look at the label, but then again I'm more or less always expecting a package. I'd hope that the people that aren't expecting a package are more likely to look at the addressee before digging into it since they weren't expecting a package.

One final note that I feel must be shared...

UPS was distinctly unhelpful about resolving the shipping mix-up. In order to proceed, they requested not only a valuation of the items in the package, but specifically what they were and where I ordered them from. They also requested an order number. "Privacy" is not in their vocabulary...

I finally broke out my diapers in August, after a 5 year purge. Seems that many diapers merchants ship only FedEx, and it's apparently been that long since I got a FedEx shipment. Buying new stuff from XP and Northshore, the FedEx driver always got the right building, but kept leaving my boxes in a location I typically never go, while still marking "left at doorstep" on the tracking. Two complaints through FedEx's web form went nowhere. It seems they were going straight from the computer to the trash. Finally I got the depot's phone number, spoke to someone there, and even emailed them a photo showing the problem. I asked for a callback and when that also didn't happen, called them again a week later. They assured me everything was resolved, and my last two boxes have arrived on my doorstep. I attribute my problems to gross sloppiness at the local level, but at least the driver (who was likely new and doing this everywhere) now has their act together.

BTW, FedEx's complaint process requested only the tracking number, my address and phone, and the shipper's address. Yes, UPS's system is strangely intrusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back