Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A handful of friends know, however, all of them are ABDLs as well. The only way to know that I like diapers, is to either like diapers yourself, or be open minded and cool enough with ABDLs to attend an ABDL Munch or Party. A couple of other friends know that I'm kinky and have some sort of fetish, but they think fetish and just think I either like spanking or any of the other super common fetishes. I don't think they thought about diapers for a second.

I have two ex-partners who know I'm AB/DL. One is AB herself.

Significantly more people know that I'm incon. Family, a couple of friends, and anywhere I need to make a medical disclosure and I believe it's relevant.

Only my wife knows so far and I don't plan on telling anyone else about it. My daughter (9) almost cought me the other day when I was putting a diaper on. I try to be very careful and hope she doesn't find out!

In my case, no one in the real world knows this side of me, and only one person in my facebook friend list (never met in for real) knows about it, but not only he didn't care about it, he also said that the only thing that it matters was my happiness, and he told that it sounded funny (in a cute way) and fun, and that really were something nice of him to say. I guess that there are many people that are accepting more and more stuff "not normal" for the main stream people, and respecting those people in the process, and that is very good.
Many people still have those "stone age" thinking and attittudes, though.

All of my immediate family and my partner- it's pretty difficult to keep severe incontinence a secret when it dominates your day to day life!

Slip92 said:
All of my immediate family and my partner- it's pretty difficult to keep severe incontinence a secret when it dominates your day to day life!

To be honest I found it better not trying to keep it a secret. All my family and good friends know I wear nappies and am incontinent. So far I have had no negative reactions. Most people don't see it as a big deal. Our best fiend just bought a waterproof cover for their guest bed and told me not to worry.

Only my wife knows and she hates it. I am not allowed to wear around her and she doesn't ever want to know the days I have been wearing. She'd rather go on with life pretending it doesn't exist. If I was incontinent, I don't think I would keep it a secret from any family or friends.

Everyone on ADISC does. My doctor, Dentist , Health Insurance Company, any hotel I stay at to get a mattress protector placed on the bed. My Nice kind Boyfriend the love of my life , and a few close friends too. And any hospital visit I have had the nurses also .

Only my boyfriend knows and he said he thinks it's cute

Yup everyone knows, Family,Friends, Doctors , Landlord and anyone ever over to my place definitely knows, My UPS guy even knows because when they come if my aide is not here he brings them in and puts them away for me.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

A few ex girlfriends know, or at least know something. a few close friends, and (sadly) a few ex friends who didn't want to know me after they knew. :sad:
My current boyfriend might actually like it more than i do now, but after starting out by disgustingly tolerating me doing it, but not around him, he's discovered it's totally his favorite thing on both of us. :SHOCKED:

My boyfriend knows - I have my share of awesome fetishes, and I've never believed in closets except for my (fetish) outfits, so no deep secrets here.

ADISC are the only people that know, no one in real life knows and I plan to keep it that way.

My GF knows, and my 4 best friend knows. This is a lot, I know... Part of what's making it is that I love talking about it, as part of feeling little and out of control, I think. I never really tried to figure this out but this is how it is. Anyway my parents might know somthing because they found out a package of diapers under my bed few years ago but it never was raised again since then so I don't know what they know. My current stash is way more secured now, firtunatlly. XD
P.S. My psychologist knows too, but also with her I hadn't spoke (about this matter) for few years.

I have told my wife and my best friend - also assorted therapists over the years. Once talked about it in a confidential men's retreat weekend too.

I don't feel the need to expose my private life any more than that - I no longer need diapers at night- and so all my use is just by preference at this point. I suppose that if I had a medical condition (other than mental) that necessitated diapers, I might be more apt to let others in.

It's been many years though and I feel a lot less shame about it over all. It's kind of a non issue - at the same time, I know that most people I know wouldn't understand easily. No sense in putting stress on relationships for something that isn't a need to know issue.

Another factor for me personally - and I suspect for others here - is that making my diaper kink public could be like a nuclear bomb on my professional life. I love what I do, I've gone to school for many years to do it - revelation of my diaper likes could very well become a scandal for me. Why risk it?
I have a lot to lose and the relatively positive outcome of being more open isn't enough to risk losing my career. For someone without a career/calling to lose, it might not be an issue to be more Open.

It's interesting reading the comments - our Abdl community is very diverse and obviously has many different takes and walks of life. What might make total sense for one of us might be insane for others. I'm glad that most of us here on adisc at least agree that feeling shamed and horrible over wanting diapers/babying is unhealthy and unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cm90210 said:
I have told my wife and my best friend - also assorted therapists over the years. Once talked about it in a confidential men's retreat weekend too.

I don't feel the need to expose my private life any more than that - I no longer need diapers at night- and so all my use is just by preference at this point. I suppose that if I had a medical condition (other than mental) that necessitated diapers, I might be more apt to let others in.

It's been many years though and I feel a lot less shame about it over all. It's kind of a non issue - at the same time, I know that most people I know wouldn't understand easily. No sense in putting stress on relationships for something that isn't a need to know issue.

Another factor for me personally - and I suspect for others here - is that making my diaper kink public could be like a nuclear bomb on my professional life. I love what I do, I've gone to school for many years to do it - revelation of my diaper likes could very well become a scandal for me. Why risk it?
I have a lot to lose and the relatively positive outcome of being more open isn't enough to risk losing my career. For someone without a career/calling to lose, it might not be an issue to be more Open.

It's interesting reading the comments - our Abdl community is very diverse and obviously has many different takes and walks of life. What might make total sense for one of us might be insane for others. I'm glad that most of us here on adisc at least agree that feeling shamed and horrible over wanting diapers/babying is unhealthy and unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're writing is very wise, thank you. Your point of view about the sexual aspect is interesting. I didn't need to use my diapers ever, I do only because I want to and it's making me happy, and yet I have choosen to tell many more people than you did. I believe this only makes your inspection about our community's veriaty (not sure about the correction of this sentence) stronger, and I agree of course.
If you don't mind telling (considering the things you've said I'm not sure you can risk recognition, but if you can it would be lovely), what is your job? I would guess teacher or being around kids, sicne I cannot really think of any other ''problems'' that might occur with being ABDL in job (assuming the average society isn't aware of us being non-pedophile and non-harfull in any way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back