Discovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

BracedDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Long story short My mum found my stuff, wants me to see psychologist and wants me to get rid of everything.

Anyone want some medium Tena slip maxi, AMD slip(no packaging) and Vlesi slip(still in package).

This isn't the first time, I told her the usual thing psychologist says, if its not hurting someone its not an issue. But she wouldn't believe it. I would rather sell everything or give it to someone then get rid of it.

Justo said:
Long story short My mum found my stuff, wants me to see psychologist and wants me to get rid of everything.

Anyone want some medium Tena slip maxi, AMD slip(no packaging) and Vlesi slip(still in package).

Tell her it's a once in 50 year event like the crazy SA weather lol. No seriously dude, that's sucks. I hope things go ok for you. Seeing the psychologist is probably not going to change who you are. Mums probably just freaking out right now. I really wish you the best dude.

I know it won't change anything, thats what the psychologist said unless i wanted to try more full on treatment.

Justo said:

This is basically my mom when she got my Goodnites before I did at the Post Office... last night she was talking to me about it and I kept trying to tell her it was nothing and it wasn't hurting anyone or myself, but she thought it was hurting me and a lot of other stuff came up. Sometimes parents don't get it, and I wish you the best man! Hopefully you can maybe stay diapered somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justo said:
I know it won't change anything, thats what the psychologist said unless i wanted to try more full on treatment.

Screw that crap. It's a friggin diaper, and if it makes you feel happy... Big deal. What are they going to do, make you feel like shit every time you think about it until you just avoid it...then what?

Maybe I'll just refuse to see anyone Tell her its my life, my choice.

Justo said:
Exactly, you're over the age of consent, wanting to wear nappies is not a mental illness, it's a lifestyle choice like many others, and don't allow people to convince you otherwise.

Exactly do what you like, that's what I told my mom and if it's not hurting anything or anyone it's completely fine.

If she is sending you to a Psychologist again, it pretty much means , she was not happy and satisfied with the result ( kinda a second opinion, if you will) why not go, if it does not conflict with other life activities, you can also give the Psychologist permission to discuss the issue with Mom directly and that way she might just drop the issue and leave you and your stash alone, it cartainly won't inflame the situation any , another thing you could try is to go to Mediation Services with your Mom and work out an agreement with a neutral third party , something along the lines of you do this in your spare time without rubbing it in her nose ( I certainly don't think you do) and she will respect your privacy as an adult child living at home, diapers are not drugs alcohol or other potential dangerous pursuits to your health so leveraging that with the help of the Psychologist or other third party may get her to stop, because eventually this issue and her reaction is going to drive a wedge in your relationship. Ultimately our parents want what is best for us ( in most but not all situations) and having a knee jerk reaction to diapers is pretty much because they are uninformed and scared, so anything you can do to show her this is safe , and harmless will work in your favor , imagine what she would think about her reaction to diapers when the unrelieved frustration of the situation sends you into self medicating with drugs or alcohol to fill the void , you can approach this with the psychologist as well who will support this , because millions of people do this to there detriment every day.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I had to see a psychiatrist when my mom found mine, but I had a lot of other things going on in my life, like having sex with other guys, oh....and having a psychotic break. We only talked about the diapers once. Too bad your mom can see how little a thing wearing diapers actually is. But like Maxx said, when mom is paying the bills, keeping a roof over your head, you have to make peace.

My solution was to get a job and move out on my own which I did right after graduation from college.

Justo said:

Sorry to hear about your situation mate. Sadly it's true not everyone is going to accept us even family members.

Personally I only see the above as a viable option if you can eventually move away.

More "full on treatment" sounds terrifyingly and undoubtedly barbaric.

Just do you and keep wearing diapers, that's what I'm doing. As long as I throw them away when they're soaked and done with, my mom doesn't really have a huge issue with it. But with what dogboy said about a roof over your head and keeping the peace, there shouldn't be any issues with diaper wearing in the first place, unless like you're not throwing them away or something. Honestly like talk to someone about your love for diapers, and just have them talk to your mom that it's you, it's who you are, and you like wearing diapers. Nobody should be able to tell you that you can't do something you enjoy. I keep telling my mom that like I've never smoked weed, I've never done drugs, I've never drank, I don't party and get mindlessly drunk like a lot of my friends do at different colleges. There's a lot worse things than wearing diapers that you could be doing but this is a harmless way for you to express yourself and either reconnect with your childhood or just like wearing them, and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that in the first place. I feel the best way is to talk to a therapist but to let he or she know that you're not going to give up wearing diapers, but to have them talk to your mom about it, so they can explain something that triggers wearing them or why you enjoy wearing them, and then maybe she'd actually see they're not bad things to be into (literally and figuratively). We're all here to support you and give you help! If you need like anybody to talk to if you're depressed or sad or anything, don't hesitate to PM me, I went through depression and I don't want someone else to go through it because they're being told they can't do something they like to do.

It sounds to me like it's time for you to get a place of your own.

How old are you exactly? I see a lot of posts on here about parents finding out and wanting to send their kids to therapy. A therapist will never tell you to stop doing something that makes you feel like yourself. In all my experiences, a therapist will try to identify a problem and help with the tools needed to correct the problem. This involves them asking you if you think wearing diapers is a problem. The answer should be "no" for the majority of us. I think the answer lies in how we respond to our parents when we get caught. We need to stand up for ourselves and be honest. As awkward and humiliating as it is, we need to get our point across that this is a lifestyle and a part of who we are.

Now, I am not against talking to a therapist about wearing diapers because it is nice to get a professional perspective on what it means to be ABDL. I just disagree with going into therapy thinking this is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Can't afford to move out, don't have regular paid work otherwise I would (avg rent is $200-$300/wk).

I know why I do it, I remember that its a coping method for not having a relationship/sex life. When I had a girlfriend(no sex but still) I didn't think of my fetish as much.

My other fetish is medical braces too. I left a few of them under my bed up near the bed head because I know my parents wouldn't be bending down to look there(both have bad backs). I hadn't found a place for the nappies yet(20 pack). Better find a better spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back