XP Medical Re-design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForArt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I haven't worked my way all the way through the site yet, but XP Medical has completely re-done their site.

Seems like a bit of a visual improvement.

https://www.xpmedical.com

If you find any significant differences, call 'em out.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no. It looks like samples are gone.

Also, they've slimmed down their selection, but they only got rid of the worst ones anyway. All of my faves are still there.

Oh wow, it looks awesome! :D
The old site look did appear a little outdated and in the raw for such a decent business, much cleaner now.

I like the changes. Looks like the samples are gone.

call me old fashioned liked the old site better. less frily junk and easier to use. Yes the samples seem to be missing that is not good!
I am going to call Gary and let him know . And yes I did call him and left a message for him .

All of the ID slip diapers are gone from the site now. Did they really stop selling those? That was like the one product they had that no one else had (besides their A+ store brand). That's disappointing. I have basically no reason to shop there anymore since I can get everything else they sell from Northshore or some other site with greater selection.

Jonnythepony said:
Oh wow, it looks awesome! :D
The old site look did appear a little outdated and in the raw for such a decent business, much cleaner now.

I agree that it looked dated. If I weren't already familiar with them, their site looked dated enough that I would question if they were still operational. I think it looks a lot better than before. I was just surprised seeing this thread because I was on their site just a couple days ago and it was still the old design.

oleman72 said:
I like the changes. Looks like the samples are gone.

I kind of wonder if perhaps samples accounted for so little of their business that they did away with them for simplicity, or perhaps the more benign possibility that they might have just not re-added them to their new site yet?

wondered what happened to the old saying if it aint broke do not fix it ? The website was perfectly fine. You do not have to make things fancy dancy. Sad they redesigned the site . its a shame !

I kind of like it. Form ALWAYS follow function, and the new site does seem to be easier to use.

We all saw what happened to Depends and Attends with their changes eh? -not good
We all saw what happened to Abena when they changed eh?-- not good - Only thing is good is the M, L-4's
We all say what happened to Dry 24-7 after they moved from Israel eh? -Thankful they are made in the USA with terrible absorbency now . however not good!
we all saw what happened to coca cola? Pepsi.. need I say more ?
Sorry folks you do not need fancy to live your lives.... by the way I clocked it and the website loads slower now...
I hate to be the fly in the ointment..I call it like I see it .

I just visited the site and while I a) don't like pop-ups and b) lament the apparent loss of the ID Slips, the new design doesn't seem particularly heavy. I believe Gary studied engineering, so would like to think he has enough sense to not bloat it beyond all sense. If you want to browse an overloaded site, see northshorecare.com. I may send an email about the ID Slips.

Edit: they're running the site through Magento (e-commerce system). I think that's new? While I don't know much about it, I do recall that it can be difficult to implement efficiently. I still don't see a noticeable resource hit.

ACK! I hate it! Like Northshore they paid some tech geek to mess up a good thing. What's next XP bombing my computer with targeted ads like Northshore does as well? I mourn for the old days, 3.1, 95, 98, especially 98, XP too, when will the people who suck a living making changes learn humans don't like change!
Anyway I do hope the loss of ID Slip & the samples is only due to an incomplete job on the new site roll out.

I don't like it either. Need the samples and i just bought some id slips from there and like them a lot would order more but now from where.

No Absorbency+ Level 3s either.

Damn.

I went there expecting to see some 80-year-old diaper models lying in hospital beds, feigning comas, and having the maxed-out wetness indicators on their bulging diapers ogled by scantily-clad nurses. SOOOOO disappointed!

But actually it looks fine. It was pretty basic before, and it's pretty basic now. I haven't purchased anything from them for a while, though, so I'm not the best one to do a before-and-after.

Honestly I really preferred the old site. But I might be stuck in 2003 Windows XP in my mind for preferences all the time, lol

But I was able to make the monthly diaper purchase so it's fine.

As long as i can get my A+ L4 diapers and my A+ 2xl boosters i am happy.

I always marvel at this need for webpages to reflect a certain look. For me, it is all about familiarity and functionality. You used to be able to issue a buy from one page, now it takes 2 pages and several entries to create something to buy. That's slower not faster. These new formats can be difficult to implement custom selections as well. So, I am voting for the older format. And from the companies point of view, he will know in about 6 months whether sales have gone up, gone down or stayed the same. If they stay the same or go down, the redesign was a wasted effort.

I agree some people get a "high" off how many "Clicks" their website gets they sadly followed Yahoo and the two clicks to get a news story to appear sad state of affairs especially when you have people on Hughes net internet where you are allowed 250 MB's a day of data and you selfish companies make things pretty or a terrible internet experience . Shame I say Shame ! Get rid of the ads too especially video ads they eat up my usage like no tomorrow for what gain huh ?

If you dont get a account you cant surf the site .
Wont be buying there ever.

foxkits said:
If you dont get a account you cant surf the site .
Wont be buying there ever.

I just looked at the web site, and you don't need an account just to browse it. I haven't ordered from them, but it actually doesn't even look like you need an account to purchase things. As far as I can tell, an account is just for convenience, if you want to store your shipping info and not re-enter for every order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back