No nappy collection for the over 3s!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiny

Est. Contributor
Apparently, Anglesey Council are switching to a three-weekly rubbish collection. Obviously, the people most opposed to that idea would be parents of young children who don't want used nappies lingering around. So, the council has promised a two-weekly nappy collection... but only if you can show them a birth certificate proving that you have children under three years old!

I don't wear diapers every day, but over the summer, my dustbin would get a bit smelly by the time the binmen came.

This sounds like a nightmare for ABDLs, parents of older kids who wear diapers, and anyone who doesn't want a bright yellow incontinence waste bin... :-/

Anglesey: no nappy collection service for over 3s
Council asks for child's birth certificate before it will collect nappies

How often are nappies collected where you live? Could you handle a three-weekly collection? Or even two-weekly?

I have a dumpster located outside and out of the way of the house, once a week it is collected and removed

and no. not 3, not 2. every week. its what i pay for, its what i expect

MommyandMattling said:
I have a dumpster located outside and out of the way of the house, once a week it is collected and removed

and no. not 3, not 2. every week. its what i pay for, its what i expect

Every week would certainly seem ideal to me. What about your recycling collection? It's every two-weeks here, which is fine as recyclables don't tend to smell.

I'd imagine lots of kids are still potty trying at 3? Thoughts?

Where I live in the States garbage gets picked up once a week, recyclables every two weeks.

tiny said:
Every week would certainly seem ideal to me. What about your recycling collection? It's every two-weeks here, which is fine as recyclables don't tend to smell.

no recycling collection, we have a town recycling center and I go down once every 1-2 weeks and sort and dispose of what needs disposing

We get trash and recycling pickup every week. I've never seen a specific trash can for incontinence waste before...that's interesting! Honestly it makes sense, maybe it gets put somewhere else besides the landfill all of our other trash goes to...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 3 bins, one for recycling (paper, cardboard, plastic, tin cans etc) that gets collected every 2 weeks. Then we have a Brown bin for green waste such as vegetable peelings, garden trimmings grass cutting etc. Also a black bin for waste to land fill. These 2 bins are collected on the same day every 2 weeks opposite to the recycling. I put my used nappies in thickish black sacks and then in the black bin. It works for me. Any glass goes to the bottle bank at the supermarket.

There is no trash pickup where I live you must pay a private hauler big bucks or pay $2.00 a bag at the transfer station. Obliviously there is a lot of roadside dumping but I do not do that. Nearly every day I drop a small bag with a spent diaper and a bit of household trash in a bin at the groceries store, drug store, gas station, town beach or work.

Could be worse. You could live in Naples. Trash is collected weekly where I live. Three-weekly does seem a bit off. And requiring proof that a baby is in the house in order to get on some diaper pickup schedule? Wacky! Crazy Brits. :)

We have our garbage collected once a week. We pay a price for each can, a yearly sum, and we have to put a yearly sticker on the lid of the plastic can. The truck has an automatic lift which breaks the lids on the cans, thus destroying the sticker. It's a typical stupid system. Also, the poor will rip off the stickers from other people's cans and put them on their cans.

If they only collected once every three weeks I'd be taking a lot of my garbage to the recycle bins and shove it in with the cardboard and plastic.

Mine gets picked up every week on Wednesday. I have my used ones in their own airtight bin in my room which I empty out after everyone's left on trash day. I live out in the middle of nowhere, so no recycling, the city would charge an arm and a leg for pickup and they sort the trash at the landfill anyway, so why bother?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I don't know what I would do if the garbage weren't picked up twice a week (on monday and thursday here), I can't even imagine someone having to keep garbage and especially diapers any longer than 3-4 days.

Where I live in Canada, Garbage is picked up every two weeks.

SnowBlitz said:
Where I live in Canada, Garbage is picked up every two weeks.

You're in a rural area with probably some big garbage bins outside and a space to put them where it won't smell everywhere in your house. I live in a 24 appt complex, its mandatory to have trash being picked up twice a week in my city if there's more than 8 appt in a building they have to pickup garbage twice a week.

CodyBaby said:
You're in a rural area with probably some big garbage bins outside and a space to put them where it won't smell everywhere in your house. I live in a 24 appt complex, its mandatory to have trash being picked up twice a week in my city if there's more than 8 appt in a building they have to pickup garbage twice a week.

Rural area yes, large garbage bins no. Even the 4 Appartment complexes here have the same trash pick up schedule.

Where I live in California, trash is picked up weekly, and they alternate every other week between picking up recyclables and yard waste.

That is sick and honestly I wouldn't trust a useless local government with my child's birth certificate or potty training regime.

We have weekly garbage collection here in Australia with alternating fort nightly recycling and green waste collection.

I hope where possible people switch to recycling the fluff pulp from wet only nappies to minimise the filling of bins.

Funny thing I remember reading somewhere that used nappies tend to burn with the same profile as coal so unless they are recycled they really are a useful resource for power production.

tiny said:
Apparently, Anglesey Council are switching to a three-weekly rubbish collection.

wow, they must be seriously strapped for cash. I'd say a garbage pickup every 21 days fails to qualify as official "waste management".

Both dumpsters (recycling and trash) are emptied every other day, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back