Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does this mean?

Default What does this mean?

The song Viva La vida- by Coldplay? By the lyrics to it, it sounds like the period in France before during and after the revolution. Does anyone else have an idea as to what this song means?

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    The song Viva La vida- by Coldplay? By the lyrics to it, it sounds like the period in France before during and after the revolution. Does anyone else have an idea as to what this song means?
    SongMeanings | Lyrics | Coldplay - Viva la Vida

This. ^

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
    Well, that might not really be what the song means, because it's just a bunch of people giving their opinions on what they each think it means.

~~~

Anyway, when I first heard it, it reminded me of the French Revolution, too. Coldplay is awesome, by the way.

I fucking hate that song. It drives me absolutely insane.

*goes postal*

I like the song "Brick" by Ben Folds...

really it's just about his girlfriend having a abortion "Its not me that your dying for. Now she's feeling more alone, then she ever has before". Anyways the song kicks ass.

As for this song I have no idea what it's meaning is and the song tries to hard to let people find any meaning they wish.

Peachy

Awesome song, indeed, but how does it relate to the French revolution? The basic idea of the song is that someone who had lots of power for all the wrong reasons lost it and now feels empty. That may be attributed to any revolution basically - French or Russian, for example, or even the fall of the iron curtain. It may also apply to single people and, figuratively, even to losing your partner or love. After all, there's a line saying "sleep alone" in there.

Peachy

secretdl26

"Vida la Vida" literally means "Life, the Life", or "Live the Life" in spanish.

Not really sure of the purpose though.

The purpose? It's Coldplay. Their music is feel-good (not that I don't like it). Titling an album "Live the Life" is pretty in line with others of their song names like "Don't Panic", "We Never Change", "Everything's Not Lost", etc... and maybe that's not fair for me to say. Their first album is very feel-good, and the later ones are certainly more mature, but I think they've tried to hold on to that aspect of their music since their premiere album.

The Album cover that fetures Viva La Vida is a painting of the 1832 Revolution, so I furgured it was either about the French Revolution, or about Louis XVIII being forced from power after the Borbon Dynasty was restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    The purpose? It's Coldplay. Their music is feel-good
    What about "The Scientist"? Really, just go watch the video of it... (the music video is really good too.)