Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gender specific depends are here!

kitty0230

Default Gender specific depends are here!

The other day I saw that the CVS by my house had the new gender specific depends, has anyone else seen them, or perhaps ever tried them?

I was gonna try them but I don't like adult pull ups, I find them leaky and too visible, as they rise too high, anyways, just wanted to say they were here, and find out if they were any good.

Peachy

Listen up folks, from now on you gotta make sure to check on your gender before grabbing a bag of Depends. So join the crowd in front of the shelf in the incontinence-aisle sticking their hand into their pants to check beyond doubt which package they have to buy.

I'd call it retro-diapers. I remember a time when baby diapers were gender-specific!

Peachy

What they should do is just provide extra padding everywhere a diaper can take padding... that way there won't be any chances of leaking, whether they are male, female, or both. :P Also then one would not have to check what gender one is.

diaperedwolfcub

angelabauer

Like many of you here, I have never been pleased with any adult pull-up. GoodNites do not fit me and they are way from perfect. However, for a lot of non-ABDL bladder incontinent people with dribble and spurt flow, pull-on are necessary.

A month ago I received a bag each of Depend Undies for Women small and Undies for Men large because I have communicated with Depend customer service many times. In 2007 following prostate cancer surgery my husband wore Depend Adjustable Undies, small/medium. He found then okay.

The problem is that men and women have bodies shaped differently. Women do not need padding near the top front. The padding in a unisex or male design is not comfy and interferes with the waist elastic. Women need leg holes shaped for us. The new undies for women provide this.

Since my husband has not needed any sort of diaper since September 2007, I gave the undies for men to two fellows we know who are way into AB. They find these non-babyish and did not help their fantasy. Since neither is incontinent when they wet it was in floods, causing leaks.

Bottom line is pull-on adult products work better when gender specific, by which the manufacturer means physical gender, not your preferred sex. No adult pull-on will ever resist leaking as well as a classic diaper.

annierighthurr

They have been here for awhile. Point in case, my awesome pic of what REAL men wear (this is actually posted on my personal myspace, te he he).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/scared0282/l_13aa7e117ff348349d8261a22938d529.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotized View Post
    They have been here for awhile. Point in case, my awesome pic of what REAL men wear (this is actually posted on my personal myspace, te he he).
    I think they have different packaging. From a quick glance when walking by, they look like they have a darker green

annierighthurr

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    I think they have different packaging. From a quick glance when walking by, they look like they have a darker green
    Um no. All the stores I've seen have the womens and mens... and the packages always look the same.

actually they are pretty absorbent. A lot of padding in front for guys, but I normally can't wear over the course of a day. Since I sdon't have any hips, they fall down after awhile, wet or not. I wear the m to the doctor however, it makes examinations much easier.

i havent tried them. but they had some gender specific stuff before but it's depends and frankly i won't even try goodnites again they have no padding i swear. but underjams much better