Has diaper weaing diminished how long you can hold it (unintentionally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabpad

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Hey :)

Over the years of occasional diaper wearing i've noticed that once my bladder wants to go, I HAVE to go. The urges has become much stronger and I can't hold it in like I used to.

It has become especially obvious when drinking beer/coffee and has lead to embarresing moments. For example, I was on a date with a guy and we were drinking beer, and after a very short time, after the FIRST BEER I really had to go. I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying, all I was thinking of was going to the bathroom.

Then second date (same guy) we grabbed a coffee, and 2h later by the end of the date, when he had gone, I had to pee outside (which was really close to home).

This is completely unintentional and it kinda scares me cause i'm not really aiming for losing my continence :O

How about you guys?

Not at all and not after multiple 6+ month 24/7 stints. I think it's all in how you wear rather than duration of wearing. I wet on the same timeline while I'm wearing as I do when I'm not, so there's no reason for anything different.

No difference here, but then I don't do the 24x7 thing, or even the 1x7 thing. More like the 1x3 thing.

If I've been wearing a diaper all day and using it whenever the urge hits, then yes, later, things will want to flow more freely. My body just gets into the rhythm of "going". But I'm also 68 years old now and that may have some influence.

dogboy said:
If I've been wearing a diaper all day and using it whenever the urge hits, then yes, later, things will want to flow more freely. My body just gets into the rhythm of "going". But I'm also 68 years old now and that may have some influence.

The bolded part is what does it. I'll sometimes have a weekend free where I wear all day and also drink a lot more than I would normally (like consciously choosing to have at least a glass of water every couple hours), and if you get yourself into that habit of letting go as soon as the urge hits in combination with having the urge more often, you can start feeling some urgency that you wouldn't normally. My experience is that it passes quickly though and I've never followed that up by having urgency at work or when I'm out and about doing other activities.

I imagine that if you went a very long time peeing as soon as you need to rather than holding it and wetting your diaper when your bladder is full that you might start to see a reduction in capacity for a little while until you practiced holding it again.

ArchieRoni said it pretty well. If you 1) drink a fair amount of water, 2) use your diaper (or toilet) at the first bladder contraction, 3) repeat, you will eventually get a case of self-induced overactive bladder. I suppose it also works for "overactive bowel", except that you'd also gain lots of weight, lol. Your bladder gets used to being largely empty and wants to keep it that way. I wore every night for a number of years, to the point of untraining myself somewhat, and during the day at work was sometimes using the toilet every 45-60 minutes. Once on an out-of-state trip with a salesman, I had to ask him to stop the car. It got quite painful, but I never leaked...or we stopped soon enough that I never found out. When I ceased wearing at night (thankfully my brain knew the difference and I never had unprotected accidents), it took at least 2 months before I stopped needing the toilet once or twice during the night.

My plumbing has always been rock solid, so someone nearer the edge could have a difference experience.

I would say it hasn't affected my capacity, but my "alert point" seems to have moved down a bit.

Yes, during the day I now have to go more frequently with less volume and warning than a few years ago occasionally leaking in route to a bathroom. Is this the result of wearing and using a diaper every night or simply a byproduct of aging? I don't know. For anyone wondering, in conjunction with a physical I’m examined by an urologist annually.

i feel that it would only become an issue if i didnt hold it in at all while i wore. i guess you could say "if you dont use it you lose it." applies to bladder strength. i personally have no problem holding for a long period of time during the day. (bedwetter at night but i dont think that is because of bladder strength.)

From my own experience, and from the experiences I've read here of others, wearing will not change your continence in any permanent way that can't be undone (short of forced retraining, which could always be retrained again). What it CAN do, though, as a few people have mentioned, is push you over the edge if you were near to having a problem. In this case, you likely would've had that problem present itself in daily life a couple years down the road anyway, even if you weren't a DL and wearing for pleasure.

Long story short: No, wearing shouldn't affect your long-term continence :)

Last edited:
I did have a mild, unintentional diminution in how long I could hold it. Ultimately that inspired me to untrain so I can't speak for whether it affected me after I started untraining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back