Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure whether I should wade into this discussion and risk being labeled 'full of it' as have other posters, but I'll take the chance.

I can remember things that happened in my life from about a year old. A female babysitter sexually abused me at about 18 months while she was changing me. If I had to guess what prompted my lifelong interest in diapers, this is the event to which I'd point.

The girl, incidentally, was 16 or 17 at the time. She was the daughter of our next-door neighbors; I have often thought of trying to find her to thank her for ruining my life. While I've accomplished a good deal in all my years, I might have risen even higher had I not become an infantilist. To make that sort of accusation, though, I'd need definitive proof of a link between what she did and my desire to be diapered ... and that I do not have. It doesn't take much imagination, though, to see that one might have connected to the other.

I've read this whole thread, and thanks to RoadLessTravelled for raising it. Yet it has no easy answer! I can admit I had a stressful childhood, and there's a vague possibility that I was "played with" as an infant, but how the hell would I remember that! What I've never been able to answer is why at around 11-years-old I suddenly noticed plastic baby panties flapping in the wind on washing lines. They had always been there. But meant nothing until I first "saw" them. Note also, that these are not nappies or diapers. When I snuck out at night and "borrowed" my first pair from a handy washing line, they were transparent - a choice I've stayed with all this time. I also remember seeing a woman in her doorway wearing a wet orange rubber apron, and remember that the shine and the wetness got to me, aroused me. Later in life I admitted to myself that I was submissive. (An astrologer once did my chart and announced I had the key planetary positions for submissives, so it's in the stars then?)

After many years pondering where this all started, and why me?, I've come to the conclusion that "it came with me". Why do sometimes perfectly healthy families suddenly produce a serial killer, for example. I do think that we bring something into this world with us. Since I believe in reincarnation, that makes sense. I also believe we "come" from somewhere, not just the physical genes our parents mix to create us. There's something more.

I'm really not worried or concerned about it anymore, being of an age and having experienced the world. I really don't think there are 100% "straight" people out there. There's always a twist of some sort. I also think it's in our nature to be imperfect, flawed and "interesting". If we really were all alike it would be total boredom.

Anyway, I'll continue to read this thread - to see if anyone comes up with something new. Good luck to everyone. I've appreciated reading the intelligent and insightful postings. We're not stupid anyway! as the saying goes.

My heart also goes out to you theroadlesstraveled. I am also a 'survivor' of sustained childhood sexual abuse (by a teacher not a relative).

After almost 20 years of happy marriage I came out to my wife about both the sexual abuse and the fact that I am ABDL a couple of years ago. Since my 'awakening' and my abuse occurred at roughly the same age (pre pubescent) I have always believed that the two are related in some way.

However there is little to be gained from obsessing about the cause. I'm on a journey of self acceptance and have been seeing a therapist (to discuss both issues and their impact on my marital relationship). My wife has bravely agreed to see my therapist and we may have some joint sessions going forwards.

If your journey is one of self acceptance and you haven't read it I would recommend you read Brian Burch's excellent book The Adult Baby Guide and perhaps invite your wife to read it afterwards.

I wish you best in your difficult journey.

Kind regards MWHE

Bullets, bombs, missiles and nerve gas and IEDS all around you and a diaper made you feel safe ? Holy #2 when you die we are gonna eat you to get some of that in us.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back