Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carpe Diem and other useless philosophies....

Default Carpe Diem and other useless philosophies....

Hullo~

I'm strawberryREBIRTH and I'm not quite sure if I belong here ~ a boyfriend into exploratory fetishism brought me upon this scene through other lovely acts and since the split I've felt a little unfulfilled.... needing to explore? Maybe. I'm a devotee of the human mind; sexuality fascinates me, drives me and spurs me into things I'm not sure I'm comfortable with at first but grow to love. This little spark of bizarre envelope pushing started so clear cut ~ a pacifier feeds the oral fixation and a diaper, ruffled pants; they cut the social standing in a way that would appeal to any submissive. But this has become different.... strange and comforting, a crutch? I don't know. The sexuality burns strong but now there are other feelings; I dress up and age down and I change ~ everything changes and nothing matters. It doesn't matter if I'm alone, or I wet the diaper (~ my diaper?) or if I get off or if I don't or if the phone rings.... the fog of strangeness takes me and I don't want to fight it. I could be "little strawberry" forever and I couldn't bring myself to care or want anything else.

Is this an addiction.... or a need to be-belong to a group of peers, at any cost? Am I lonely, or incomplete in a way that only switching off higher learned behavior can fix or is this all just another strange extension of a sexuality that can never be satiated? Have I pushed the envelope so far that I won't ever return into shape?

Time will tell.

My name is strawberryREBIRTH ~ and I wear diapers.

ani

Hi Strawberry. Purpose is subjective, isn't it. So is normal, fetish, positive/negative, and even addiction to an extent. We cling to definitions under the guise of comfort. We think these divisions and definitions will provide comfort by segregating us into groups of like minded individuals. Perhaps this is the source of discomfort. We often feel like an outsider looking in. Is this because we chose the path that initially felt secure and then wondered why others on other paths don't understand us? What would happen if we didn't choose a path and instead oscillated between groups? What if we gravitated to discussions with people that have divergent ideas from ours? Would this broaden our perspective? There's another subjective concept - perspective.

It's a fine line between functional and dysfunctional with a lot of interpretation at the the meeting point. I fluctuate within that range, as defined by the majority. I struggle with motivation primarily because I can't grasp our purpose. How can we know what our strategy should be if we don't know our purpose? So I have had lapses where I didn't care about anything. The majority of people either believe they know our purpose, predominantly through religion, or they have never pondered the idea. The fact that you're even contemplating the idea shows, in my opinion, that you are highly aware and closer to being real than the vast majority.

Right now we know this. We are all one human race. We all live on the same planet. Therefore we all share the same fate. With these macro issues being the highest level of importance it seems ridiculous to me that virtually all of our energy is spent trying to solve other "problems." I explored the depths of sexual exploration and the perceived liberation that accompanies that. I've explored fetishes and the perceived liberation that accompanies that. I have come to a point that I consider clarity - which is focusing on the very elements that I considered closer to knowns. Although I will likely evolve to another point of "clarity" as I thought I had previously achieved through experiences like fetish and sexual. Perhaps true clarity is the collective experiences like this throughout life. Is that wisdom?

This is exactly why my tag says - Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

"Returning" is a fallacy. You will forever be different after every experience, every minute, every second.
    Last edited by ani; 17-Mar-2009 at 19:38.

Carpe diem - Seize the day. Pretty fucking useful if you have a life. Welcome, fellow philosopher.

Only a few of us can say for sure why we love what we love. It's a tough question to answer. Whatever will be, will be.

Welcome. :]

Mako

It's an interesting little path you've taken to our quirk. But normalcy is over-rated, even in the ways you reach a particular fetish.

Plus you avi contains kitty ears; which I highly approve of, so welcome to ADISC!

Quote Originally Posted by PulcherAnimus View Post
    "Returning" is a fallacy. You will forever be different after every experience, every minute, every second.
    You are exceedingly wise and one day I'm sure I'll aspire to share my own taken on wisdom as self-assuredly as you're able to share yours. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post
    Carpe diem - Seize the day. Pretty fucking useful if you have a life. Welcome, fellow philosopher.
    Perhaps so. However; ponder this ~ how useful is this philosophy if the product of it is different to the product prior? ie; I mean to say that if one continues to "seize the day" one changes significantly to the point where one becomes a different person. Can I practically measure progress of myself as a human-being if I'm not at all the same human-being that I once was due to jumping upon each opportunity presented?~
    Thank you for your welcome, fellow muse-r

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    Only a few of us can say for sure why we love what we love. It's a tough question to answer. Whatever will be, will be.

Welcome. :]
    I think you're also quite wise, Akira. If we continue to chase our rainbows looking for that pot of gold that explains everything about who we are and who we can be ~ are we only destined to disappointment? One day I'm sure I'll be able to be content to just live, just be; because that makes much more sense. Right now I'm a strawberry caught in the current and I don't know where it's going to take me ~ but I face the challenges; the changes in me; with open eyes and an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    It's an interesting little path you've taken to our quirk. But normalcy is over-rated, even in the ways you reach a particular fetish.

Plus you avi contains kitty ears; which I highly approve of, so welcome to ADISC!
    Normality is hugely over-rated and over-reviewed, though sometimes it feels like it's the friend everybody had as a child that had the toy they didn't and one can't help but covet it. I don't want to be normal! But would it hurt to try it out every once in a little bit? Hmm. Kitty Ears are highly approve-able and because you like them ~ I like you!
    Thank you for the welcome

Oh my Zeus. Seriously, that was one of the best things I have ever read in my life. You are an amazing writer. I seriously hope you have some written works. Original fictions? Poems? Short stories? Fan fictions? Role Plays? Music? Graffiti? Seriously, if you've ever written, please send me a PM, I'm already captivated by your writing.

Welcome to ADISC.

-TDL

I second what TDL said. n.n;
    The way you write just seems awesome, even just for a simple introductory post. To be honest, I had kept this open for a while to get back to it, since after reading that post, I was afraid that what I'd come up with then would be inadequate or something. XD;;

As for your questions, it's almost a lifelong path in itself to truly find out who we truly are, and why we do the things we do - once you think you've finally figured it all out, and you can finally rest and be at peace, your answers bring so many more questions into light.

I'd like to say I'm also a philosophical person, but I don't think I have the sort of insight that most others do. But I still entertain random ramblings and try to be something of it, or something like that...Would it be right to say that I'm less fascinated by the mind itself, and more fascinated by the abilities and the thoughts of other people who themselves are fascinated with the mind? n.n;

Anyway, rambling aside, welcome to ADISC! I hope you have a great time here, make lots of good friends, and find yourself able to figure out what you're looking for.

Friends? [/blunt] o:

EDIT: Ack. x.x;
    Friends as in "be my friend?" *just realized that could be taken in a bad way* D:
    Last edited by Neonite; 18-Mar-2009 at 06:18.