Anyone familiar with Firehouse Subs? It maybe my birthday dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
If I choose it, this'll be my first time having it. Will they let me have whatever I want, and just run it through the steamer? All I really want is a bomb-a** grilled cheese. I want hot and gooey cheddar, provolone, and Monterey Jack, although some mayo and deli mustard, roasted green bell peppers, and sautéed onions wouldn't be a bother either.

I love Firehouse. My wife isn't as keen on it. The portions are too big for her. Makes her feel wasteful. We don't have one in our town so we usually end up eating somewhere else when we are out of town even if they have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAO said:
I love Firehouse. My wife isn't as keen on it. The portions are too big for her. Makes her feel wasteful. We don't have one in our town so we usually end up eating somewhere else when we are out of town even if they have one.

I'd rather a portion be too big than too small... Leftovers can be taken home.

(To answer the OP though, no, never been there.)

We are usually traveling which doesn't facilitate that as well, but I agree.

Anything Firehouse can do, Mom can do better.

She bought sharp cheddar, Colby Jack, some fancy, creamy cheese that starts with h. Havardi? And Swiss. I hope she remembered the dills. My birthday's today, but we're having grilled cheese, and ice cream cake tomorrow, and tomorrow's also coffee morning, and partly Shabbat, and I'm watching the Paralympics, which are seldom televised?! What?! Mind. . . Blown! What a great birthday!:):cool:

I don't think we have Firehouse subs here but I've seen their commercials on the Roanoke TV stations. We do have Jersey Mike's and my wife and I had a Philly cheese steak sub for dinner tonight.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Anyone familiar with Firehouse Subs?

Never heard of Firehouse Subs. :shrug:

But then you guys have a lot of strange stuff in Texas. I've been to Austin on business several times, and I've seen it with my own eyes!!! :eek:

Anyway...

Happy birthday, SpAzpie! I hope it is/was/will be a good one, with all the necessary starches, proteins, dairy products, veggies, and condiments.

And cake.

And ice cream.

And those candles that come back to life after they're blown out, which virtually ensure that you'll be forced to spit all over the cake to get them to stay out. (Which is why I never eat another person's birthday cake if it's had those candles in it.)

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Never heard of Firehouse Subs. :shrug:

But then you guys have a lot of strange stuff in Texas. I've been to Austin on business several times, and I've seen it with my own eyes!!! :eek:

Anyway...

Happy birthday, SpAzpie! I hope it is/was/will be a good one, with all the necessary starches, proteins, dairy products, veggies, and condiments.

And cake.

And ice cream.

And those candles and come back to life after they're blown out, which virtually ensure that you'll be forced to spit all over the cake to get them to stay out. (Which is why I never eat another person's birthday cake if it's had those candles in it.)

Awwww, :blushie: thanks, Cottontail! Okay, slight revision. I'm watching the freakin' Paralympics, the Olympics of my people, my kind! Mine! On my birthday, coffee, which is a favorite of mine, the rest of Shabbat, Mom's bomb-a** grilled cheese, and a Chocolate Extreme Dairy Queen ice cream cake without candles still to come. Why have ice cream and cake? Combine the 2. and Fearless Leader wished me happy birthday?! This is awesome!

Last edited:
So far, so cool

Coffee down, grilled cheese, hopefully with the obligatory dill pickle spear, and ice cream cake to go. I even got a breakfast bowl I really like this morning, which was nice, and my footed PJs are on, forgot to tell y'all that. Mom has her own pair, so nothing to worry about. I also have my Kermit shirt on so I can wear them like pants, without my top half being uncovered.

I'm also watching Bama football! Could it get any better?! We're down by a few, but we're a second half team.

Last edited:
Best biwfday, and celebwation day, wespectivly, evew!

Coffee down, grilled cheese, hopefully with the obligatory dill pickle spear, and ice cream cake to go. I even got a breakfast bowl I really like this morning, which was nice, and my footed PJs are on, forgot to tell y'all that. Mom has her own pair, so nothing to worry about. I also have my Kermit shirt on so I can wear them like pants, without my top half being uncovered.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also watching Bama football! Could it get any better?! We're down by a few, but we're a second half team.

- - - Updated - - -

Asked for 1 grilled cheese, got 2. Asked for pickles, got pickles and blue cheese stuffed green olives. Didn't ask for any chips, got prime rib and horse radish flavor. Hoped for a Coke, and got it. Ice cream cake was amazing, and so frozen, it was fun to watch Mom and stepdad cut through, and Happy Birthday was written in blue, awesome!
Total food coma!

More Paralympics tonight, too!

- - - Updated - - -

And Bama won against Ole Miss 48 to 43, after we thought Ole Miss would win, so yeah, it can and did get better!

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
(all kinds of birthday goodness)

Glad you had a tip-top birthday, SpAzpie! Wish you could share the cake and ice cream via forum post! I have that particular hankering right now, but my freezer is stuffed only with a rather unremarkable assortment of frozen meat and breakfast fodder.

Today was my dad's birthday! He's almost an octogenarian now. I'll see him next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back