Thread: Tapatalk - a warning

Default Tapatalk - a warning

A quick message to all Tapatalk users. I have noticed over the last few days that, when you click on a persons profile in a thread, if that person is using tapatalk it shows me what other usernames they use in tapatalk.

That is fine for a lot of users I guess if all tapatalk names are made up, but I have seen some that have real names.

Tapatalk also have a message that this is your last chance to change your profile name (not your ADISC name, but the one you use for Tapatalk).

It is worth checking. I think I have mine set ok, but if anyone can see my details please PM me. I will update this if anyone pm's me.

I hope I have been clear and you understand. If you are not sure what I mean please let me know. I have seen users real names in Tapatalk by clicking on their ADISC name in a thread.

I don't use Tapatalk, but that there is this degree of interaction between a smart phone plug-in and a web site seems really f***ed up. I think Moo should be addressing this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by depends4me View Post
    I don't use Tapatalk, but that there is this degree of interaction between a smart phone plug-in and a web site seems really f***ed up. I think Moo should be addressing this, too.
    I'm pretty sure there's nothing Moo could do unless it was to block Tapatalk altogether. ADISC certainly isn't serving up information about users' alter egos. The only real surprise here is that the Tapatalk service would be making this information available by default. I can see where a user might want to make him- or herself "discoverable" in this way, but that should be a choice. I suspect most users wouldn't want to. Hopefully Tapatalk fixes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's nothing Moo could do unless it was to block Tapatalk altogether. ADISC certainly isn't serving up information about users' alter egos.
    If ADISC and other sites are simply acting as a pass-through to tapatalk.com (etc.), then you're probably right. I was working with the assumption there was a server-side script, in which case it could be reworked. I put a comment in the Administrative forum, just in case.

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by babybobby View Post
    You can disable public profiles in Tapatalk.
    Per-chance you would take the time out and give a quick guide through the process. It may be of benefit to some on here who use the application and were unaware of the serious risks it posed.