Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to make diapers last

Question How to make diapers last

I only hav a small supply of diapers and i cant easily get more so i hav been reusing diapers (not using them of course). I usually just wear them for comfort until my parents arent home, then i use them. But anyway, every time i take a diaper off, the tapes get messed up and then it gets harder to keep them on the next time. If anyone has any tips on how to make diapers last longer that would help.

bubble_gum

Well I am in the same situation. I use half of them for comfort and the rest for their intended purpose. one thing i suggest u do is find diapers that dont use sticky tapes, but the ones that work sort of like velcro. They are easier to put back on

Quote Originally Posted by bubble_gum View Post
    one thing i suggest u do is find diapers that dont use sticky tapes, but the ones that work sort of like velcro. They are easier to put back on
    wat kind of diapers are like that? the only ones i can ever find in stores are depends and store brands

bubble_gum

Well there are CVS diapers that are like that, is there one near your house?

Quote Originally Posted by bubble_gum View Post
    Well there are CVS diapers that are like that, is there one near your house?

yea but i was kinda hopeing i would be able to use a self checkout lane like at stop and shop cuz im too scared to buy them from a cashier

What kind of CVS diapers have those tapes?

I am interested. Are they absorbent?

Get the CVS or Walgreen brand ones (the ones in green, Depends-like bags). Don't be afraid of the cashier. They shouldn't say anything. Once you go through it, it'll become easier to do. The CVS and Walgreens brands have velcro tapes, so they don't lose their grip (they do have a change to rip off though, but you can still use them if you just rotate the ripped off tape, and do like a makeshift repair on it. I find they still work with that remedy

I know what bubble gum is talking about.
    http://img.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/414082.jpg
    Certainty fitted briefs, the Walgreens brand diapers, have this. It's definitely useful. It's not a plastic tape, but like Bubble said, more like Velcro. And Definitely useful for when you wanna keep a diaper. I also think they give a stronger hold as well.

Also if you like the crinkly ones. Instead of undoing the tapes... I used to just pull them off and them pull them back on for next use. (I know half the fun is the tearing sound of the tapes...but sacrifices are needed sometimes :P). When pullin an already taped diaper back on can be a little tricky. Just kinda shift from side to side and keep pulling that diaper on. Other than that do what the others have said. Goodluck!

diaperedwolfcub

Quote Originally Posted by TeenDiaperLover View Post
    I know what bubble gum is talking about.
    http://img.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/414082.jpg
    Certainty fitted briefs, the Walgreens brand diapers, have this. It's definitely useful. It's not a plastic tape, but like Bubble said, more like Velcro. And Definitely useful for when you wanna keep a diaper. I also think they give a stronger hold as well.
    Are these cloth or plastic? I figure cloth because of the velcro but I can't tell.

Thanks

diaperedwolfcub
    Last edited by Peachy; 17-Mar-2009 at 17:59. Reason: merging double post - put all your thoughts into one post!

Those are cloth backed, those are mainly what i use since walgreens has stopped carrying the depends fitted. There actually quite nice and absorb about as much as depends, maybe more.