iD Slip PE vs Northshore Supreme Lite, same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I recently bought some of xp medical's ID slip (PE), they're having a nice sale atm. I also happened to get a few samples of the northshore supreme lite at the same time. I was surprised to see these two seem like exact copies of each other, except for the name in the blue dot printing. Their price is also identical by the case. (regular price, $1.47/pc shipped, by the case)

Anyone happen to know, are these the same exact diaper?

I don't know if they're actually the same or not, but I remember thinking that the iD slips I tried a while back felt very much like northshore supremes (and I've even seen the likeness mentioned on here before). Unfortunately I didn't have two to compare side by side.

These new ones have that really soft smooth plastic shell like the Absorbency Plus and Assure/Breeyo, have a core about as thick as A+/4, but appear to have more sap. They don't have front/rear elastic, but DO have decent leak guards. They've got double use tapes, and are almost all white shell except for the label and indicator up the middle. Pretty loud too.

I'm still debating a replacement for Totaldry Plus for everyday at-work wear, as those almost fall apart after 8 hrs wear. These seem to work well, but the much thicker padding is proving pretty sweaty during the summer. NorthShore has a very similar new diaper (Air Supreme) that's basically identical except clothlike shell, I'm going to try for summer use. I don't care so much for clothlike, but it's less of an issue during the day when my diaper is always covered anyway, and if it helps with the sweating during the summer I may just go with it.

I have both diapers, but tend to wear the ID ones more. The plastic on them is slightly different. The ID ones seem slightly more plasticy, the plastic on the northshore lite one seems more soft. Honestly though, aside from that and the wetness indicators and words on them, they are very very similar. I didn't even realize it until someone said something. I had graduated to the large size because the medium size are too small on both, so I can't give a super good comparison thickness wise, but they look like they might be the same on that, but of course the larger is a little longer. I still kind of gravitate towards the iD ones mostly I think was because of the pricing with shipping.

Just a quick question - do the iD slip PE's have the colored line patterns on them? On the xpmedical website, it's just a plain white diaper with a wetness indicator. The cloth backed edition on the website does have the patterns, though. I would think that the cloth backed and PE would look pretty similar, aside from the backing, obviously...

DLsAreFabulous said:
Just a quick question - do the iD slip PE's have the colored line patterns on them? On the xpmedical website, it's just a plain white diaper with a wetness indicator. The cloth backed edition on the website does have the patterns, though. I would think that the cloth backed and PE would look pretty similar, aside from the backing, obviously...

The two both have a triple yellow stripe that runs down the center, that turns blue if you sweat or wet. They also have the product name running along the center, printed with the little blue dots that blur and muddy up when sweat or weat. Other than that the diaper is completely white inside and out, except for the first try blue tapes. They look identical to the clothlike version, which only changes shell material.

bambinod said:
The two both have a triple yellow stripe that runs down the center, that turns blue if you sweat or wet. They also have the product name running along the center, printed with the little blue dots that blur and muddy up when sweat or weat. Other than that the diaper is completely white inside and out, except for the first try blue tapes. They look identical to the clothlike version, which only changes shell material.
Huh. When I ordered the cloth backed ones, they had a pattern on them. Maybe they've changed them in the past 3 months?

DLsAreFabulous said:
Huh. When I ordered the cloth backed ones, they had a pattern on them. Maybe they've changed them in the past 3 months?
The cloth backed ones have the designs on them, the plastic backed does not.

are the ID's made in France? that would be a clue, The NS's are made in France.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back