Diaper discussion the rules on bio hazards UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angellothefox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I was thinking and it was a thought why not at one point wear some diapers in town. The only problem is it is my first time.

Someone suggested that I use two nappy bags to doubble it up them throw it away in a public bin...

It maybe OK in the USA but I do not know weather there is a biohazerd law in the United Kingdom?

If so where could I find easy accsess without arousing suspision if I was to throw it away in a bio hazerd bin?

Why woukd it be a biohazard? What do parents do when they need to change their kids' nappies when they're out and about?

Changing rooms have their own bins for used nappies, it is stated on the bin or next to the bin so the cleaner will know to proceed with caution

Bio hazards are fairly universal. I don't think there's any laws regarding diaper disposal, unless the trash receptacle is mark as such. I would think primarily hospitals would treat used diapers as medical waste and not regular garbage. Obviously all sharps and blood are treated as a bio hazard and should never be touched, even with the proper bsi precautions.

Yeah, common courtesy to at least put it in a bag, perhaps an extra one if messy, unless there's an actual sanitary disposal bin that it will fit in (disabled toilets tend to have the latter, or could dispose of it in a baby change room, though obviously don't use that to change your own adult nappy in!)

Nappies don't need to be thrown away in biohazard bins.

At least single bag for urine, double bag for feces.

So everyone they is something here waste legislations that say http://www.initial.co.uk/waste-legislation/
The bit at the bottom ish
The main legislation governing clinical waste disposal is The Environmental Protection Act 1990. This states all producers of waste have a Duty of Care to ensure the correct and proper management of waste is performed and states that it is "unlawful to deposit, recover or dispose of controlled clinical waste without a waste management licence, or in a way that causes pollution of the environment or harm to human health".

Though this might be hostiles and doctors instead of for the public. I think a diaper could be considered harm to human health. And maybe pollution of the environment.

Absolete rubbish,lol.

As long as your NOT littering, and put them in a bin. Nothing wrong with it.
Otherwise baby nappies for example wouldn't be allowed in virtually every bin you see in public,home,etc.

Biohazard stuff is only things that are likely to contain viruses,dieases and spread via the air easily.
Blood and items with human blood on them is mostly the risky one.

Although used diapers contain bacteria but not all the time does it contain viruses,diseases.

Hospital waste is usually yellow bagged for inceration because MOST people at hospital have viruses/illnesses and sometimes deadly diseases.
And they don't want infected or soiled items to affect the ill with lowered/poor immune system.

Messy diapers are usually bagged in bins as they stink easily and the bacteria is MUCH worse than what pee has in it.

I remember checking to see if it was legal to dispose of used diapers in household rubbish and public bins in the UK. Apparently it is, so long as the wearer had no infectious diseases. If you have a lot of incontinence waste, you can request a yellow bin from the council.

The quote below relates to domestic waste, but I imagine it would be the same for public litter bins:

If the waste is non-hazardous, and as long as it is appropriately bagged and sealed, it is acceptable for the waste to be disposed of with household waste. This is usually the case with sanitary towels, nappies and incontinence pads (known collectively as sanpro waste) which are not considered to be hazardous when they originate from a healthy population.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/healthcare-waste

That's all I need to hear that I have to put out a separate can on trash day labeled "DIAPERS". They could be white with Blue and Pink accents. How nice that would be. Not good.

Well, I'm a Yank, but I wondered about this too--about laws in the US--a while back. Over here, the federal government appears to have no qualms with used disposable diapers being handled along with all other municipal solid waste. There may be some obscure laws in obscure places that supersede the federal laws, but if there are, I would imagine that almost everybody there is breaking them.

What spurred this brief investigation was actually a very old box of Pampers from the 1970's. The instructions on the backs of those old Pampers boxes indicate that the padding and the contents of the used diaper were to be dumped into the toilet before the remainder went into the trash. That seemed pretty funny to me when I first spotted it, but perhaps it was simply "the way you did things" back then. After all, those particular Pampers diapers existed at a time when cloth diapers were still king, and when even disposable diapers required pins to fasten.

Cottontail said:
Well, I'm a Yank, but I wondered about this too--about laws in the US--a while back. Over here, the federal government appears to have no qualms with used disposable diapers being handled along with all other municipal solid waste. There may be some obscure laws in obscure places that supersede the federal laws, but if there are, I would imagine that almost everybody there is breaking them.

What spurred this brief investigation was actually a very old box of Pampers from the 1970's. The instructions on the backs of those old Pampers boxes indicate that the padding and the contents of the used diaper were to be dumped into the toilet before the remainder went into the trash. That seemed pretty funny to me when I first spotted it, but perhaps it was simply "the way you did things" back then. After all, those particular Pampers diapers existed at a time when cloth diapers were still king, and when even disposable diapers required pins to fasten.

Those 1970 Pampers wouldn't have used SAP then.

As SAP would clog the piping and drains, whereas the paper pulp is much less likely to(unless tons was put in in one go). Just like 50 pieces of toilet paper would block a toilet.

The plastic part would float too.

yurguardianangel said:
Those 1970 Pampers wouldn't have used SAP then.

As SAP would clog the piping and drains, whereas the paper pulp is much less likely to(unless tons was put in in one go). Just like 50 pieces of toilet paper would block a toilet.

The plastic part would float too.

All very true, but my question wasn't about flushing modern disposables. It was: Why did those old diaper packages direct you to flush anything? Why not do then as virtually all disposable diaper users do now and just roll up whole mess and toss it?

Maybe it had something to do with the likelihood of garbage handlers coming into contact with it...? :shrug: Back then, plastic trash sacks were less common, and those pin-on disposables wouldn't have stayed rolled up on their own.

Huh.

diaper expert

Angellothefox said:
I was thinking and it was a thought why not at one point wear some diapers in town. The only problem is it is my first time.

Someone suggested that I use two nappy bags to doubble it up them throw it away in a public bin...

It maybe OK in the USA but I do not know weather there is a biohazerd law in the United Kingdom?
I have recently been shopping for a designer diaper bag and in your diaper back you can include diaper disposal bags. Tie it shut and dispose of the wet/soiled diaper at home. Have fresh diapers in the bag and baby wipes, scented of course. Wearing two diapers is not necessary. Wear one at a time and change after a wetting and a soiling. I have been a DL since potty training ended. I demanded immediately to be back in diapers. My parents refused, so I began my childhood as a cunning diaper thief. Focusing in on babies that were visiting and raiding the diaper bags for clean pampers....yes..awww...the good ole' days. Now I can buy ABDL so happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back