Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Habib from the IRS

  1. #1

    Default Habib from the IRS

    I've gotten half a dozen calls in the last 24 hours from the same number. Sometimes a recording sometimes a live person with a heavy Indian accent claiming to be from the IRS.... letting me know they're filing lawsuits against me. LOL.

    Used to get them once or twice a month, but they seem to be stuck on my cell number lately.

  2. #2

    Default

    That's pretty funny. Apparently they sometimes leave messages telling the person to call them back urgently, and then they don't leave a number to call them back.

    The scary thing is that there can be a lot of seniors, people with dementia or disabilities who would be very vulnerable to these scams. According to the IRS (the real one) there were nearly 3,000 victims who collectively paid out $14,000,000 to these scammers.


    http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/28/guess...s-calling.html
    Last edited by Starrunner; 25-Aug-2016 at 01:22.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I've gotten half a dozen calls in the last 24 hours from the same number. Sometimes a recording sometimes a live person with a heavy Indian accent claiming to be from the IRS.... letting me know they're filing lawsuits against me. LOL.

    Used to get them once or twice a month, but they seem to be stuck on my cell number lately.
    Oh, goodness this seems serious, you better pay them the fee so they won't arrest you >.< jokes aside.

    Aren't they wasting money? I know most of those scams originate from countries that won't bother going after them, like Nigeria or India.

    You could mess with them, by wasting 2 hours of there time.

    I know, that long distance calls in australia cost a fortune.

    It's surprising how much time they waste scamming, yet they always use the same obvious scams, instead of coming up with something new and creative.

    I'm sure they would make more money from a pyramid scheme.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkBear View Post
    It's surprising how much time they waste scamming, yet they always use the same obvious scams, instead of coming up with something new and creative.

    I'm sure they would make more money from a pyramid scheme.
    Sometimes I mess with them, like if its a rainy day when I'm just sitting around in a wet diaper with nothing to do... Mostly I hit the dismiss button.

    I don't get the business model, but it must pay or they wouldn't do it. Then again, early on I didn't think Google would ever be profitable either.

  5. #5

    Default

    Engage them in the most stupid conversation you possibly can, they'll get super pissed off, record it too its funny to listen to lmao. Try to sell them things. Or if you want to get them fired (If they actually work somewhere) Pretend to be a phone sex line. If their boss is listening, they'll get fired. lol.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Sometimes I mess with them, like if its a rainy day when I'm just sitting around in a wet diaper with nothing to do... Mostly I hit the dismiss button.

    I don't get the business model, but it must pay or they wouldn't do it. Then again, early on I didn't think Google would ever be profitable either.
    True, considering they scam roughly 5k per old person, they would generate a income of some sort . It's still sickening to think about it though, they must be very desperate.

  7. #7

    Default

    I answer I'm from the Kansas Consumer Fraud Division they Hang up fast lol
    And stop calling me lol

  8. #8

    Default

    We've gotten those calls too. They said in our newspaper not to engage them because there was a case where they swatted someone who messed with them. They had the individuals phone number, so they called the police saying they heard gun fire coming from such and such address. I'm not sure how they got the address from the phone number, but if you know computers and have the right program, it's fairly easy.

    I've almost always messed with Adda Badda who calls monthly to tell me I have viruses on my Windows. One time I asked him to hang on while I cleaned my windows with Windex. These people are pathetic. Another time I told him because I'm a typical American, I have millions and millions of dollars, so I'd pay someone in my town to fix my computer.

    One time I got one of these calls and I told them that I was Mr. Dogboy's secretary, and that Mr. Dogboy was out on tour with Bruce Springsteen and wouldn't be home for another six weeks. I love to make them feel small and miserable.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    We've gotten those calls too. They said in our newspaper not to engage them because there was a case where they swatted someone who messed with them. They had the individuals phone number, so they called the police saying they heard gun fire coming from such and such address. I'm not sure how they got the address from the phone number, but if you know computers and have the right program, it's fairly easy.
    I'm more careful of that with the landline. My cellphone is a pay as you go burner, so I imagine that might be a little tougher to find. Its not tied to any accounts and I mostly only use it to call Batman.

    With Mrs. Maxx working at the school district, doing what she does, the local police know our address. We've even had cars stationed outside now and then just in case.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I'm more careful of that with the landline. My cellphone is a pay as you go burner, so I imagine that might be a little tougher to find. Its not tied to any accounts and I mostly only use it to call Batman.

    With Mrs. Maxx working at the school district, doing what she does, the local police know our address. We've even had cars stationed outside now and then just in case.
    Lucky, Mine is unlisted thankfully All three mobiles.
    Last edited by LittleJess; 26-Aug-2016 at 15:51.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.